Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] How to Make your own Gunz Private server! (Basic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
love how making your own pserver threads are always coming out, we had like about 4977445.

ya, cuz the first one posted is always the best right?

Ok, i´ve portforwarded everything but server ain´t showing up.. then wht?

You may have not configured all the files right, or your not running all 3 server executables (MatchServer, Matchagent, and Locator.exe)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do not download these files they all have trojans in them

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

im Ducking serious my norton just blocked trojan from all the files i just downloaded off this tutorial

it happens m8 listen jst disable nortan and re download :)

Reaction score
Sorry i just join this website, but i being in a lot of websites and they all have weird samples and thnx to u i manage to make one =] but i got a problem.... when i start game it does not show the server =[ anybody can help me?

edit: another problem if it helps solve the problem i coulnd't get on the url box with the gateway hting anybody help me on that one?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay im done with all, but how to launch server? o.o sorry my first time lol

---
opened matchserver.exe and done, got in game but while logging in the connect button is unclickable?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
plzzz guyz help me how to forwarding gunz i cant forwarding i cant see my netgear plz help me i cant find forwarding gunz :( help me plzzz!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You never gave a tutorial on how to set up a registration page did you, Am I right or am I wrong?

Wrong. You don't need a registration page to run a server. Which is all my Tutorial is meant to do, like I've previously stated 20 times.

1) When I start game it does not show the server =[ anybody can help me?

2) I couldn't get on the url box with the gateway thing anybody help me on that one?

1) If it doesn't show the server, there could be a variety of reasons. Either you didn't configure all the files correctly, your not running all 3 server executables (matchserver, matchagent, and locator), you didn't configure the tables in the database correctly, you didn't setup the odbcad right, or you didn't portforward right (If you have a router, ask your mom or dad to see if you have a router. If you have more than one computer with an internet connection, you have a router.)

Compare your data with the data from this tutorial, eventually you will find where you went wrong.

2) If you cant enter your default gateway into your IP address, you probably don't have a router. In this case, you don't need to port forward. (Ask your mom or dad to see if you have a router. If you have more than one computer with an internet connection, you have a router.)

Damn, EagleDude, well made tutorial. Hmm. You know how to make a Private Server. Why dont you make a server.

I did make one, but I can't host it because my router is dumb.

opened matchserver.exe and done, got in game but while logging in the connect button is unclickable?

Nope, not done. You need to open matchserver.exe, matchagent.exe and locator.exe before you can access the server. And if its unclickable, you didn't select a server to login to. Click the server name that appears in the list.

I go to my default gate way its like sbc thing and I cant find a portforwarding page..

It doesn't ask me for password or anything

Do I have to portforward to make private gunz server work?
And what does portforwarding do?
If I need to portforward,How can I go to my portforwarding page?

You need to type your default gateway into the url box of your browser, it should be something similar to 192.168.0.1

Then your router's setup page should appear, and you have to look around for a port forwarding section. If a router setup page doesn't appear, you probably don't have a router.

Port forwarding is something you need to do if you have a router, so you can send/receive data to and from ports that applications need for networking functions.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont have any of those tables :(

keep removing and readding your GunzDB until they appear.
I had some problems with this earlier, make sure you don't have anything expanded in the explorer before you execute the code to gunzDB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back