Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] [SA:MP] How to make/ control your server. NEW: With map downloads!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, welcome!

Part 1.
First click and get SA-MP server package.

After you download it, unrar/unzip it and open it (samp-server-0.2.1r2-win32).

Part 2.
There you should find 4 folders named 'filterscripts', 'gamemodes', 'pawno' and 'scriptfiles'. In folder 'gamemodes' you have server gamemodes by SA-MP Team with sources.

If you wan't to launch the server correctly you must have the .amx files in the folder 'gamemodes'! There are some other files except mentioned folders, take a look at 'server.cfg', open it and you should see something like this:

lol!@ - [Tutorial] [SA:MP] How to make/ control your server. NEW: With map downloads! - RaGEZONE Forums

As a beginner you must know some of the lines in it, not all!

rcon_password is the password for your rcon, with it you have administrator powers and never set rcon as your own name or something similar. The best rcon is like 35jn25n46jfirzuhfi

maxplayers set the number how much players can play on your server, 200 is maximum

port default is 7777 but you can set your own like 2086 or 1337, you can decide

gamemode0 at this line you set the gamemode you wan't to run on server and number after the name, number means how much will gamemode repeat on server. If you wan't to run only one gamemode just use gamemode0 but if you wan't to run much gamemodes, add gamemode1, gamemode2 under gamemode0 and so on, maximum is 15, means gamemode15

filterscripts here write the filterscript name you wan't to load on server, eg: 'myfilterscript.amx' and remember that filterscripts must be in mentioned folder name 'filterscripts'

announce if you set this to 1, the server will be visible on SA-MP server list, if you set 0 it won't

anticheat the SA-MP's anticheat named SAC, not very good sometimes as it can kick you for having mozilla firefox opened or other programs

weburl set your website or forum url, default is

mapname write your map name, default is San Andreas

Part 3.
When you have all that setted in your 'server.cfg' launch samp-server.exe and if everything goes good you should see something like this (this is my gamemode so don't expect to see something like this at you
lol!@ - [Tutorial] [SA:MP] How to make/ control your server. NEW: With map downloads! - RaGEZONE Forums
):

Part 4.

Open your 'samp.exe', type your name at part where it says Name: add your server to your favorites by clicking orange button and write IP:pORT in it, 127.0.0.1:pORT (default is 7777) or go to and get your ip. Double click on server and press button Connect and you should connect normaly on server.

Note: Remember you MUST have GTA San Andreas 1.0 version and not 2.0 or 1.01 to play normaly!

Part 5.
After we set server we need to know HowTo control it. SA-MP Team made much rcon commands but for beginners these are most important:

In-game:

/rcon login [password] login as admin, login with password you have setted in 'server.cfg'

/cmdlist shows all rcon commands

/varlist shows current variables from 'server.cfg'

/rcon kick [playerid] kicks a player

/rcon ban [playerid] bans a player and saves his ip in samp.ban so if you wan't to unban him open mentioned file and delete ip from it

/rcon gmx restarts the current gamemode running on server

/rcon say [text] talk as admin

/rcon reloadbans delete all ip's from samp.ban file, means unban veryone

/rcon changemode [gamemode] change the server's mode to new one

/rcon players shows the current players playing on server, their name, ip and ping

Those were commands for usage in-game, if you wan't to use them trough console use it in same way but without /rcon, eg: kick [playerid]
Map downloads:
[Recommended
Back to the future [BEST]
Credits to: Me lol!@ and some done by elovric

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]How to make/ control your server.

Tag added, please remember to use them to keep this section tidy :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Credits?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Oh forgot credits editing now

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]How to make/ control your server. NEW: With map downloads!

links a tad messed up

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

I'll add this to the server files thread, it will come in handy for some folks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i mad a sample server,actually i took the best stuff and put it together into a server with best FS's and GM's and posted it (did more work than that but just quickly to say)
and its already made all you have to do is make a server name
and put it in favorites it done,

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

it didn't work at my comp ]: i extracted it and opened it and change the server.cfg settings to the things i want and then i click samp-server and i received nothing. help?

Back