Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help with N3PMesh file format

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone, greetings to you all.
I'm currently working on creating a 3d model to later add to the game. For that, first I need to know a few things, such as :
  • What is the size of the model
  • Pivot position
  • Textures and so on...
My first step is to extract the existing file with the aim that I will use it as a guide.
At least I found 2 tools that I could use, there are converter made by srmeier and 3D Object Converter made by Zoltán Kárpáti.
Thanks to them, for that purpose it has actually been fulfilled, but here I found a case that is quite interesting for me.
Many N3PMesh models are not read correctly by those tools as in the pictures below :

Pic1a - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums Pic2a - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums

Since I know a little about graphics and 3d programming (VB6, It's actually an old language, but I can still use it for this purpose)
So I decided to write my own converter. I have analyzed file N3PMesh, and managed to display it in viewport, but it seems I made the same mistake with them.

Pic3a - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums

I analyzed that file further, and stuck on some segments like in the picture below :

Pic4 - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums

Is there anyone here who has worked with these files who is willing to share their knowledge with me?
What segment is it? or if I read it wrong can anyone tell me the right way?
I would be very grateful if someone would help me with that. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Leadron
Leadron - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums

Leadron - Need help with N3PMesh file format - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back