Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bmd preview + Source Code

Reaction score
Well.. i am trying make a bmd preview becouse the pentiums tool not work fine..
i do it with a recompilation of info that i find in some sources..

Can read files bmd,ozt and ozj to s6.
Pinkof - Bmd preview + Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums

use arrow keys to change to other bmd.
hold click Right and left to do zoom.

i want add support to skeleton and animation maybe somebody can help with this..

SOURCE CODE..

we need add skeleton support and animation support to try make a new system like pentium tools.. if somebody can help with this.. i will can help to add map support..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Bmd preview testing

Well.. i am trying make a bmd preview becouse the pentiums tool not work fine..
i do it with a recompilation of info that i find in some sources..

Can read files bmd,ozt and ozj to s6.
Pinkof - Bmd preview + Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums

here a link to test.. need many fix but i dont understand about opengl XD. If somebody can help me please send a MP.

use arrow keys to change to other bmd.

me sale el siguiente error como lo soluciono amigo * el programa no puede iniciarce por falta de APIS-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL en el equipo intente descargar el programa para corregir el problema * ayuda porfaor uso windo 7

Reaction score
Re: Bmd preview testing

BMD_PREVIEW.exe system error The starting this program was not possible because the element api-ms-win-crt-runttime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from the computer

Reaction score
what exactly help u need with animations and skeleton support? like what have to do.

i need some tutorial or example how work with animation using smd files format to fix the problem when load mobs items or other things with animations. try load a bow and you can see that have bug visual.

i have decompiled 70% the function where draw the objects in a main s3 and 99b but i cant understand how work the animation.

Reaction score
I dont think this have much with it but ! here a link to a tool to viewer files .spr DCSPRITE10.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The guy I learnt OpenGL basics from is making a series on animations. I think he explains stuff quite well (only the first video has been released, but the 2nd one is coming soon). You can find it at

Also, you ought to clean your code a bit as you have two classes do the same thing - parse BMD files. Good luck with the project!

Do you know of any published file description for the other files (BMDs representing text, ATTs, etc.)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The idea behind this is awesome, but I believe it should be pointed in another direction.

Probably something related to OpenGL/WebGL/HTML5 would be better, as more developers may get interested in the project, like me :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i need some tutorial or example how work with animation using smd files format to fix the problem when load mobs items or other things with animations. try load a bow and you can see that have bug visual.

i have decompiled 70% the function where draw the objects in a main s3 and 99b but i cant understand how work the animation.

Almost all mu items are rigged to a skeleton.
BMD's contain information both static and animated.
SMD's can as well hold static and animated info.
It all revolves around the holy mu skeleton...
I am rigging and animating stuff in milkshape ...it's a very old and outdated 3d modeler but since it supports smd import it's more than enough for basic 3d works.
However...creating new animations is veeeery time consuming.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In a folder full of custom items, how do you get what are the ozj files that a bmd needs?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In a folder full of custom items, how do you get what are the ozj files that a bmd needs?
if u export the bmd, the ozj/ozt are exported as well. you can use pentium for now...it will create a folder and also convert the ozj or ozt files for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You need build every local matrix of each bone and now iterate it, is make by rotation*translation
Mu online don't use Euler Rotations use Quaternion Rotations

Global bone matrix
Code:
vertexTransformMatrix = boneMatrix*boneParentMatrix*boneParentParentMatrxi*...*boneRoot
vertexTransformed = vertex.xyz*vertexTransformMatrix; result is a homogeneus vector4
same for normal if you use it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if u export the bmd, the ozj/ozt are exported as well. you can use pentium for now...it will create a folder and also convert the ozj or ozt files for you.

Thank you, this one works. I hope some would also share a compiled glow editor that runs in windows 10

Back