[Development] Decompiling Main 1.03.09 Thai

MemberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    8Posts

note [Development] Decompiling Main 1.03.09 Thai

English:

Hi, I'm new to decompiling, although I have programming experience, no c ++. I can manage a lot, but I need people who have more experience in this.I am starting to decompile the main that is published in this forum. Main 1.03.09 Thai.Review the map and create all the project files with their original names.Now I am going to continue adding the dependencies to the project and little by little I am going to build a better structure.The idea is to decompile as much as possible.I would need help to understand the .map a bit, for example: How to understand the names of these functions:

Spanish:

Hola, soy nuevo en esto de decompilar, si bien tengo experiencia en programacion, nada de c++. Me las ingenio mucho, pero necesito gente que tenga mas experiencia en esto.
    Estoy empezando a decompilar el main que esta publicado en este foro. Main 1.03.09 Thai.
    Revise el map y cree toda los archivos del proyecto con sus nombres originales.
    Ahora voy a proseguir agregando las dependencias al proyecto y de a poco voy a ir armando una estructura mejor.
    La idea es decompilar lo que más sea posible.
    Necesitaria ayuda para comprender un poco el .map, por ejemplo: Como comprender los nombres de estas funciones:

English:
    Well, here is the structure of the project.

Spanish:
    Bueno, y aca esta la estructura del proyecto.

English:
    And then, once decompiled, to be able to apply the desired protocol to have a universal Main for this version.In addition to having a decompiled main, which could be adding things, whatever!If someone helps me, we move forward!

Spanish:
    Y luego, una vez decompilado, poder aplicarle el protocolo que se desee para tener un Main universal para esta version.
    Ademas de tener un main decompilado, el cual se le podrian ir agregando cosas, lo que sea!

Si alguien me ayuda, le damos para adelante!

True MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    ArgentinaLocation
    1,272Posts

Re: [Development] Decompiling Main 1.03.09 Thai

English:

Good initiative! It makes me think that it is possible to achieve it. I'm interested in collaborating. I have some experience on the subject and I can contribute to this development. maybe you know me or not, maybe you can in any case add me to Skype and let's talk around: nemesis.thunder

Spanish:

¡Buena iniciativa! Me hace pensar que es posible lograrlo. Me interesa colaborar. Tengo algo de experiencia en el tema y puedo contribuir a este desarrollo. tal vez me conozcas o no, tal vez puedas, en cualquier caso, agregarme a Skype y hablemos: nemesis.thunder

True MemberRank
    Sep 2004 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    305Posts

Try this site:GCC and MSVC C++ Demangler[]'s

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    MoscowLocation
    166Posts

I wish someday, someone will make full decompilation of main that is working.
    And we can finnaly fix this ugly stupid client :D

GL with project.

MemberRank
    Jan 2021 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    2Posts

Quote Originally Posted by navossoc View Post
    Try this site:GCC and MSVC C++ Demangler[]'s
    But why? IDA handle demangled names very well

About the project. U just show scripted generated *.h*.cpp from .map obj. Start decompile from the biggest function u gonna realize it's totally wast of time. It is passible sure but with 10 guys who's brains operate on asm^^ and a have half year free time so.. GL with project.

"And then, once decompiled, to be able to apply the desired protocol"
    U don't have recv protocle here so how u wanna even decompile it? Don't tell me u have devirt ability?!
    Discord: Σгσϟ#6079

True MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    ArgentinaLocation
    1,272Posts

big grin Re: [Development] Decompiling Main 1.03.09 Thai

Quote Originally Posted by IronIQ View Post
    But why? IDA handle demangled names very well

About the project. U just show scripted generated *.h*.cpp from .map obj. Start decompile from the biggest function u gonna realize it's totally wast of time. It is passible sure but with 10 guys who's brains operate on asm^^ and a have half year free time so.. GL with project.

"And then, once decompiled, to be able to apply the desired protocol"
    U don't have recv protocle here so how u wanna even decompile it? Don't tell me u have devirt ability?!
    Well, I think that he is trying to make on the best way that he can...

Here my first help... I don't know if Author of this topic it's watching this function or not... but anyways here I leave a small prototype of 1 of my decompilations...

Original:

//----- (005ECC40) --------------------------------------------------------
    void __cdecl RenderObjectScreen(signed int a1, signed int a2, int a3, int a4, float *const a5, int a6, bool a7)

My Understand Function:

//----- (005ECC40) --------------------------------------------------------
    void RenderObjectScreen(int Type,int Level,int SetOption,int Select,vec3_t Position,int NewOption,bool OnClick)

I think that this can be the original names to parameters, ofcourse not 100% sure of this.. anyways this function is used on the Character Inventory.this function have how: 35 CALLs from anothers functions (at least 35). I wait that this can be usefull.

PS: Type = ObjectId Formula: Type*MaxIndex+Index+ItemArray = 1171 (on the case of this main.exe).

English:

PS 2: I would like to say something else... it is possible that this project will never be finished, as I personally believe that it is impossible to do. it doesn't matter how many people work on it simultaneously, but I think it would at least be fun to try.

You would have to ask
    SirMaster

to compile 1 main.exe for you directly from the original sources it has, and to deliver it to you together with its: main.pdb. Hahaha

Pics:

So they can see that I never lie.
    Will any of this ever come to light in this community that seems to be full of very hypocritical people?

Spanish:

PD2: Me gustaría decir algo más... es posible que este proyecto nunca se termine, ya que personalmente creo que es imposible de hacer. no importa cuántas personas trabajen en él simultáneamente, pero creo que al menos sería divertido intentarlo.

Debería pedirle a
    SirMaster

que compile 1 main.exe directamente de las fuentes originales que tiene y que se lo entregue junto con su: main.pdb. jajaja

Para que vean que nunca miento.
    ¿Algo de esto saldrá a la luz en esta comunidad que parece estar llena de gente muy hipócrita?
    Last edited by Kiosani; 24-03-21 at 04:16 PM.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    Lost continentLocation
    242Posts

@Kiosani

You not tired of ping SirMaster and post these screenshots like it is Holy Bible in each thread?
    Really bro, better focus on skill up and do something amazing.

@masio22

I have experience in decompiling and once done the old version without pdb/map.
    What I can tell - it will be a long road, not 1 month and maybe not 1 year, if you not will collect a team of geniuses.

Just imagine the summary size of the target, old main.exe 900KB, new main.exe 6MB.
    Very naive to planning that, at least while you do not have objects and other information from pdb.

What i can recommend - do not lost time with this shit, watch into modern engines like Unity 21, you will spend the same time for learning it, but in result you will get skills that will be enough to make any game.

Also a tip - if in some magic case you will do decompile, you will still have a lack of skills for support and improve it.

With best regards.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    185Posts

Decompiling is a very long road, even with HexRays or ghidra, sometimes boring, but you will gain some skills of basic oop and openg gl engine. On newer versions they use tons of std templates, so you will have to learn how to recognize them. They also added some massive libraries like tommath, cruptpp, 7zp, dx10, stl, so at least 60% of the current main size its actually an embedded library.

I'm with -=DarkSim=-, if your plan is to create a new game, take his/her idea, However if you are happy with this go ahead and start your project, I did the same with GameServer 0.99.60T 15 years ago, and in that time I had no clue of c++, threads, sockets, etc, but that was the starting point to learn programming.

Soo, happy decompiling :)

PD: map file is more than enough to complete a good decompilation

Advertisement