Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am working on the website and some missing features, I don't know if this was said before, but due to money problems I had to start working, so the time I work in Elion has been extremely reduced, also the pandemic and extreme quarantine that we are required to comply here is causing problems to be honest, so I can't give a release date, but the project is not dead and won't be abandoned, as soon as I can finish I will.
If you need any help with website, PM me

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Come on, the Chinese people send a congratulatory message

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
SirMaster this project is still alive ??

Spanish:
Bro si no podes continuar solo con el proyecto, hacelo open source y publicalo en Github seguramente algunos chicos aca podrian ayudarte a terminarlo.

Still under development.

Won't make it open source for multiple reasons, sadly make it open source won't give me any benefit only loss, think this way, would you work for free for many years?, and not only that, but would you even put a lot of money in the project just to give it for free?, that is the reason why exists services like IGCN and not open source projects, in MU Online you won't be able to get any benefit through open source.

Open source only works for projects that give a lot of benefits to society under companies support, there is no open source project that can stay alive without any support, and in Mu Online there is a lot of people who made open source projects and never got any support from anyone.

I am thinking about others ways, maybe rent cloud servers with administration panels, or just open a patreon account for the project and open a global server with a lot of features, that would be up to the community I think.

Reaction score
Still under development.

Won't make it open source for multiple reasons, sadly make it open source won't give me any benefit only loss, think this way, would you work for free for many years?, and not only that, but would you even put a lot of money in the project just to give it for free?, that is the reason why exists services like IGCN and not open source projects, in MU Online you won't be able to get any benefit through open source.

Open source only works for projects that give a lot of benefits to society under companies support, there is no open source project that can stay alive without any support, and in Mu Online there is a lot of people who made open source projects and never got any support from anyone.

I am thinking about others ways, maybe rent cloud servers with administration panels, or just open a patreon account for the project and open a global server with a lot of features, that would be up to the community I think.

Inspired by you. I started my own project based on DirectX 9.0c, to Remaster the MU Client. (I'm putting together basic systems like Role and Animation control). This project is still a long time away (I know). Is there any tip you want to give me?

Some Screenshots:

c0gJPG2 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

SLR11N9 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

World Rendering tests:

Small tests from Animation Mode:

Small Example of RenderCursor in D3D:

Another Shits Radar Minimap:

My Ducking Converter:

X2mtEV0 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

iwfjBMR - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

4MPCVR3 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

My Ducking Source:

6pnhZKj - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

My Ducking Encoding System:

limZXwY - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

My Ducking Patchs:

IeIJ521 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

My Ducking Tool Pack Src:

qcQLwah - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
It has been a really long time since the last time I gave an update here about the project, here goes a little report about how it is going on:

Graphics: we didn't want to change the graphics quality too much so it would still keep looking as the original game, the only improvements were shadows support, better texture filtering, fixed multiple transparency rendering glitches compared to the original client, about the performance it was improved a lot, at least in the future everyone will be able to play Castle Siege without suffering of stuttering.

Maps: Many maps up to S6.3 are implemented, some are missing a few things but that is because of a rework that was made years ago and I am still migrating code, didn't see a reason to focus on this because all the maps required for a Test Server are ready but as long as we keep working on new features more maps will be implemented.

Monsters: Well, they are there, lively and killing characters, working properly, of course monsters with boss features that appears in some events like Crywolf Event aren't available (yet), but the system is really mature and will be easy to add support for them at future including group aggro.

Skills: Almost every skill available in S6.3 is available in Elion, there is a few that still require to be implemented due to our recent changes but that will be pretty fast, as soon as others features that I am focusing right now are finished I will finish this. Do you guys remember the Evil Spirit speed issue?, well, you will be able to accelerate as much as you want, with the new skill system made from scratch allow the characters and monsters to attack as fast as a tick, also multiples skills compared to the original game with our formulas and systems are working without any issue (including no glitches even without limit FPS)

Items: After a long time thinking about it we decided to change from the original items features to our own items features, there is many improvements that will allow a better player markets in-game (not cash shop), and this will allow the game to keep the fun at the same of take it out from the extremely simple system that it originally has, there is many features that I am pretty sure every player will love, however we didn't forget about excellent items, we still have special features, but now every item can be more special than before.

Drops: Pretty much it is almost finished, there is a lot of changes compared to the original game in the Items and how the drops are being managed, since now all drops are inside a chest instead of directly drop on floor, the chest will bright based on what it contains (this is still under development), and its name will change too based on the highest value item inside of it, the entire mechanics was changed to this because of the mobile platform, right now the drop system is working, it is using our own formulas with many improvements, there is still a few adjustments to be done but after finished (including the bright effects based on contained items) we should be able to open a Test Server! (Finally we are getting close to the Test Server :partying_face: )

Shops: This is still under development however many things were simplified and improved to reduce the development time of the shops, at begin the available items would be exactly like the original game with some improvements that we are sure you guys will love, can't give much information since we expect to make it a surprise.

Quests: This isn't started yet, we will keep the evolution quests however everything is being made from ground so this is our last step before the public Open Beta.

Events: This isn't started yet, we are focusing in the basics of the game, but after all the basics are ready Blood Castle and Devilsquare development will be started.

Battery duration: Since the last time I worked on the performance the battery duration was improved a lot, at least our last battery test gave us 2:30 hours of fun using 4G.

Mobile data consumption: I can't give an exact statistics since I can't remember the amount of data that we consumed with the 2:30 hours test however it was really low compared to many others mobile games, I doubt this will be improved except if the battery drain is caused due to a bug, it was improved as much as it could be.

We aren't thinking about make everything available at first, the project development will continue and its feature will keep growing on time, at least our main objective that is the performance and the passive anti-hack is finished, of course we will do improvements in the performance at future, but the most satisfying news I think is the passive anti-hack system that won't allow anyone to use hacks like "one hit kill", "speed hack" or anything like that, that finally is part of the past, we did a pretty nice show in our public test years ago with our first version of Elion, many tried to use hacks, we didn't limit the applications at all, the result was no hacks working at all.

The project isn't dead, it was really hard for me to keep working on it but I am not willing to give up, I already had put too much effort on this project and I will keep working on it, but at least now I stabilized my time and I am being able to work more on it, would be nice to be dedicated to it again but at least for now that isn't possible.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has been a really long time since the last time I gave an update here about the project, here goes a little report about how it is going on:

Graphics: we didn't want to change the graphics quality too much so it would still keep looking as the original game, the only improvements were shadows support, better texture filtering, fixed multiple transparency rendering glitches compared to the original client, about the performance it was improved a lot, at least in the future everyone will be able to play Castle Siege without suffering of stuttering.

Maps: Many maps up to S6.3 are implemented, some are missing a few things but that is because of a rework that was made years ago and I am still migrating code, didn't see a reason to focus on this because all the maps required for a Test Server are ready but as long as we keep working on new features more maps will be implemented.

Monsters: Well, they are there, lively and killing characters, working properly, of course monsters with boss features that appears in some events like Crywolf Event aren't available (yet), but the system is really mature and will be easy to add support for them at future including group aggro.

Skills: Almost every skill available in S6.3 is available in Elion, there is a few that still require to be implemented due to our recent changes but that will be pretty fast, as soon as others features that I am focusing right now are finished I will finish this. Do you guys remember the Evil Spirit speed issue?, well, you will be able to accelerate as much as you want, with the new skill system made from scratch allow the characters and monsters to attack as fast as a tick, also multiples skills compared to the original game with our formulas and systems are working without any issue (including no glitches even without limit FPS)

Items: After a long time thinking about it we decided to change from the original items features to our own items features, there is many improvements that will allow a better player markets in-game (not cash shop), and this will allow the game to keep the fun at the same of take it out from the extremely simple system that it originally has, there is many features that I am pretty sure every player will love, however we didn't forget about excellent items, we still have special features, but now every item can be more special than before.

Drops: Pretty much it is almost finished, there is a lot of changes compared to the original game in the Items and how the drops are being managed, since now all drops are inside a chest instead of directly drop on floor, the chest will bright based on what it contains (this is still under development), and its name will change too based on the highest value item inside of it, the entire mechanics was changed to this because of the mobile platform, right now the drop system is working, it is using our own formulas with many improvements, there is still a few adjustments to be done but after finished (including the bright effects based on contained items) we should be able to open a Test Server! (Finally we are getting close to the Test Server :partying_face: )

Shops: This is still under development however many things were simplified and improved to reduce the development time of the shops, at begin the available items would be exactly like the original game with some improvements that we are sure you guys will love, can't give much information since we expect to make it a surprise.

Quests: This isn't started yet, we will keep the evolution quests however everything is being made from ground so this is our last step before the public Open Beta.

Events: This isn't started yet, we are focusing in the basics of the game, but after all the basics are ready Blood Castle and Devilsquare development will be started.

Battery duration: Since the last time I worked on the performance the battery duration was improved a lot, at least our last battery test gave us 2:30 hours of fun using 4G.

Mobile data consumption: I can't give an exact statistics since I can't remember the amount of data that we consumed with the 2:30 hours test however it was really low compared to many others mobile games, I doubt this will be improved except if the battery drain is caused due to a bug, it was improved as much as it could be.

We aren't thinking about make everything available at first, the project development will continue and its feature will keep growing on time, at least our main objective that is the performance and the passive anti-hack is finished, of course we will do improvements in the performance at future, but the most satisfying news I think is the passive anti-hack system that won't allow anyone to use hacks like "one hit kill", "speed hack" or anything like that, that finally is part of the past, we did a pretty nice show in our public test years ago with our first version of Elion, many tried to use hacks, we didn't limit the applications at all, the result was no hacks working at all.

The project isn't dead, it was really hard for me to keep working on it but I am not willing to give up, I already had put too much effort on this project and I will keep working on it, but at least now I stabilized my time and I am being able to work more on it, would be nice to be dedicated to it again but at least for now that isn't possible.

Give us a teasing screenshot please :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
High Fps is non sense when human can barely detetect differences between 30Hz / 60Hz /144Hz... And most mmorpg never need that high fps like any shooter games...

enjoying massive castle siege with 1-2fps or maps like nixie's lake 10-15 fps? :) and personally i can feel difference between 80 and 100 fps in open world mmorpg and you talking about 30...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
High Fps is non sense when human can barely detetect differences between 30Hz / 60Hz /144Hz... And most mmorpg never need that high fps like any shooter games...

You've got be kidding me if you do not see a difference

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
### Update 2021-06-13
- Drop system is finished! there is some improvements to do to the UI to give a better feedback to the user to improve the user experience based on the items contained in the chests but will be improved with time, for now we think it is already enough good.

- Shop system is almost finished, it is missing the UI and the communication with the Server and Client (pretty simple thing to be done), this will be finished next weekend if not today.

* Here is a few screenshots, don't pay attention to the performance in debug mode since there is no optimizations in that mode.

unknown-5 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums unknown-4 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums unknown-3 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums unknown-2 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums unknown-1 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
### Update 2021-06-21
Almost finished the shop system, the UI is almost completed, there is a few features that I need to finish related to it, so next weekend will finish it and will start working on the Party system, after that will be working on the missing skills that I had to migrate from the old system and also the maps and monsters. After finish all these things I will be working on the last modifications for the website (it is almost completely working, just a few features that I want to add) and will announce the Test Server.

Here is a screenshot of the Shop System, about the prices, well, when finish the UI you guys will understand the difference in price between these Kris.

unknow - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for being honest, but i losing my erectionmany changes in classic things, the heart of the game, some people will say.. wow this is sensational, but then those same people will disappear.

"Items: After a long time thinking about it we decided to change from the original items features to our own items features, there is many improvements that will allow a better player markets in-game (not cash shop), and this will allow the game to keep the fun at the same of take it out from the extremely simple system that it originally has, there is many features that I am pretty sure every player will love, however we didn't forget about excellent items, we still have special features, but now every item can be more special than before.

Drops: Pretty much it is almost finished, there is a lot of changes compared to the original game in the Items and how the drops are being managed, since now all drops are inside a chest instead of directly drop on floor, the chest will bright based on what it contains (this is still under development), and its name will change too based on the highest value item inside of it, the entire mechanics was changed to this because of the mobile platform, right now the drop system is working, it is using our own formulas with many improvements, there is still a few adjustments to be done but after finished (including the bright effects based on contained items) we should be able to open a Test Server! (Finally we are getting close to the Test Server :partying_face: )"

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Sorry for being honest, but i losing my erectionmany changes in classic things, the heart of the game, some people will say.. wow this is sensational, but then those same people will disappear.

"Items: After a long time thinking about it we decided to change from the original items features to our own items features, there is many improvements that will allow a better player markets in-game (not cash shop), and this will allow the game to keep the fun at the same of take it out from the extremely simple system that it originally has, there is many features that I am pretty sure every player will love, however we didn't forget about excellent items, we still have special features, but now every item can be more special than before.

Drops: Pretty much it is almost finished, there is a lot of changes compared to the original game in the Items and how the drops are being managed, since now all drops are inside a chest instead of directly drop on floor, the chest will bright based on what it contains (this is still under development), and its name will change too based on the highest value item inside of it, the entire mechanics was changed to this because of the mobile platform, right now the drop system is working, it is using our own formulas with many improvements, there is still a few adjustments to be done but after finished (including the bright effects based on contained items) we should be able to open a Test Server! (Finally we are getting close to the Test Server :partying_face: )"

Could be possible, that is why the system allows to simulate original excellent options pretty easily, can disable also others features, but at least in our server we will keep this way since we are aiming to a more profound in-game user market to make it more fun.

Reaction score
Could be possible, that is why the system allows to simulate original excellent options pretty easily, can disable also others features, but at least in our server we will keep this way since we are aiming to a more profound in-game user market to make it more fun.

English:

I'm going to have to tell you what I think SirMaster... because apparently the rest of the community thinks so too and they don't dare to tell you. I think you're advertising yourself for free bro. you should consider adding some kind of changelog to the main topic. so that your way of showing progress is not just for photos. otherwise at least you leave me thinking bad things about you and about moderators of this forum who act strangely with respect to your topic in relation to mine. I'm sure what I'm telling you isn't offensive at all. they are just forum rules. you should read them.

Spanish:

Te voy a tener que decir yo lo que creo SirMaster... porque al parecer el resto de la comunidad también lo piensa y no se animan a decírtelo.
creo que te estás haciendo publicidad gratis bro. deberías considerar añadir alguna especie de log de cambios al tema principal. para que tu forma de mostrar avances no sea solo por fotos. de lo contrario al menos a mí no me dejas mas que pensar que cosas malas sobre ti y sobre moderadores de este foro que actúan de forma extraña con respecto a tu tema en relación a los míos. estoy seguro de que lo que te estoy diciendo no es para nada ofensivo. son solo reglas del foro. deberías leerlas.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Forgot to post last progress report.

### UPDATE 2021-06-28
Almost finished shop system, sadly I didn't have enough time this weekend to work it completely, the only thing missing is finish the UI popups to buy/sell quantity items and the warning popup when an item is too expensive so you won't sell by accident.

Next weekend will finish these things and will begin working on the party system.

unknow - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

PD: The sell values aren't configured properly yet, will configure these values later, the good thing is we almost finished the shop system, only these popups are missing.

About the Rank system and the Options, the rank system can be enabled or disabled so it would work as classic MU Online, the Item Level can be configured to work as the old system which requires jewels only to increase its level instead of the current hybrid system which requires to kill monsters and unlock with jewels, and the special options can be configured to work exactly as the original excellent options too, so everything can be configured to simulate the classic experience.

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Forgot to post last progress report.

### UPDATE 2021-06-28
Almost finished shop system, sadly I didn't have enough time this weekend to work it completely, the only thing missing is finish the UI popups to buy/sell quantity items and the warning popup when an item is too expensive so you won't sell by accident.

Next weekend will finish these things and will begin working on the party system.

View attachment 169908

PD: The sell values aren't configured properly yet, will configure these values later, the good thing is we almost finished the shop system, only these popups are missing.

About the Rank system and the Options, the rank system can be enabled or disabled so it would work as classic MU Online, the Item Level can be configured to work as the old system which requires jewels only to increase its level instead of the current hybrid system which requires to kill monsters and unlock with jewels, and the special options can be configured to work exactly as the original excellent options too, so everything can be configured to simulate the classic experience.

upload the client and turn on the server I am freaking out for testing

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Guys, I am thinking about opening a Crowdfunding, if reach certain amount I would release every month the server files with support for Windows Client, what do you think about this?

I was thinking like this:
### First Amount Reached
Release Server Files (binary only, Windows and Linux Server Files) for Windows Client (with monthly updates for free, of course)

### Second Amount Reached
Let community choose which features would like to be added to the game

### Third Amount Reached
Begin upgrade Client and Server to support all new characters, skills, monsters and npcs from the classic MU Online.
With configurations would be able to disable characters, skills, monsters and npcs, also others features.

Will be thinking about more ideas, let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, I am thinking about opening a Crowdfunding, if reach certain amount I would release every month the server files with support for Windows Client, what do you think about this?

I was thinking like this:
### First Amount Reached
Release Server Files (binary only, Windows and Linux Server Files) for Windows Client (with monthly updates for free, of course)

### Second Amount Reached
Let community choose which features would like to be added to the game

### Third Amount Reached
Begin upgrade Client and Server to support all new characters, skills, monsters and npcs from the classic MU Online.
With configurations would be able to disable characters, skills, monsters and npcs, also others features.

Will be thinking about more ideas, let me know your thoughts.

Create Crowdfunding for the availability of the Main source in its first version, without your customizations, I think that this way you would get more resources, and greater interest from the community.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want get money from project just create page and sell license dont release anything
So many server file release with custom for edit anything in game
Different only here you have Mobile version
2021 - dont miss you time to Mu :) i'k think this game already dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back