Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys, I am thinking about opening a Crowdfunding, if reach certain amount I would release every month the server files with support for Windows Client, what do you think about this?

I was thinking like this:
### First Amount Reached
Release Server Files (binary only, Windows and Linux Server Files) for Windows Client (with monthly updates for free, of course)

### Second Amount Reached
Let community choose which features would like to be added to the game

### Third Amount Reached
Begin upgrade Client and Server to support all new characters, skills, monsters and npcs from the classic MU Online.
With configurations would be able to disable characters, skills, monsters and npcs, also others features.

Will be thinking about more ideas, let me know your thoughts.

Hell no. Im not saying it's nothing interesting in it.I know it is was a lot work to port old gl poop to direct/vulkan. But you little( a f* lot) to late, most of folks this game of chidhood grown/not interested any more.So deal with your sikinng boat 3y old and don't promise more than u can..

Reaction score
Hell no. Im not saying it's nothing interesting in it.I know it is was a lot work to port old gl poop to direct/vulkan. But you little( a f* lot) to late, most of folks this game of chidhood grown/not interested any more.So deal with your sikinng boat 3y old and don't promise more than u can..

Nobody named you a friend judge. It is obvious that you are someone else with 1 new account, so... let me tell you this: "He is free to handle it as he wishes", personally I am not interested in whether he decides to publish trial versions of his files or not. but I don't think it's okay that they don't let him do what he thinks best. Obviously he will end up doing what he thinks best, so don't push yourself man.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Here is the last progress report, had a few things to do in the work so I forgot to post it here.

### UPDATE 2021-07-04
Party system on server side is finished, we are working now in the client-side party mechanics (UI, Packets Process, ...)

Next weekend will finish the Party System and will start working on the Trade System, after finish both will finish the Shop UI and will configure multiple server settings.
After all these things are finished will prepare the client and will setup a public test server.

Create Crowdfunding for the availability of the Main source in its first version, without your customizations, I think that this way you would get more resources, and greater interest from the community.

Sadly I don't have the pilot code available anymore and wouldn't be stable at all else I would have offered it as part of the Crowdfunding without problem.

I think Kiosani answered you well, it is really sad that some people have to do those kind of comments because they fear something (like Elion going available to public or being published), and I guess you are one of these else you wouldn't say so simple and silly things like that, also I will take this opportunity to explain something, it isn't "port old gl to directx/vulkan", that isn't how this works, it is really sad that some people with almost zero knowledge come to say random things like that, doing that you wouldn't get even 1/100 of performance compared to Elion, so I hope this helps some people to understand things aren't that easy and also there is a huge list of features that can only be done doing an entire rework, in simple words, Elion isn't a port but instead a full remake of Mu, hope this helps to understand the difference.

The main features you can enjoy with Elion would be:
- Passive Anti-Hack, literally no more hacks issues, nothing to worry anymore.
- High Performance even in Mobile (a port wouldn't get this performance, it isn't as simple as just make a renderer and put it in the middle of the code)
- Low Memory Usage
- Low Network Usage (Optimized for 4G and Wi-Fi in mobile devices)
- Low Battery Usage (Of course as much as you play with limited FPS, like 30/60/144, how much you limit would be up to you)
- Cross-Platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android and iOS)
- In-House Game Engine which can support new features and if wanted could bring graphics at the level of UE5

Answering some questions a few people did to me through Discord:

Can Elion support graphics details at level of UE5? Yes, we can, if wanted we could even support Ray Tracing and Mesh Rendering

Can support consoles like PS4 and Xbox One? No, we could support them however it would require specialized hardware (Dev-Kits) and license, and that wouldn't be cheap.

Can use Bots in Elion? Yes, we have some ideas about how we can block them at future but for now we don't intend to prevent it since some servers might want to allow players to use Helper.

Are Bots considered Hacks? No, they are two different things, a Bot is to simulate a normal user without any benefit except it can play for you, a Hack is to get benefits in-game that you shouldn't be able to get like Speed-Hack, One Hit Hack, Trade Hack, and things like that.

Why can't you offer the Mobile platform as part of the Crowdfunding? Due to library licenses and because it would require to keep track of servers in every platform we can't offer it.

Why you didn't launch Elion with the test server version you made? Because it was a prototype, a pilot, used to test if my anti-hack concepts were going to work perfectly, if didn't I would have cancelled Elion, but it worked so I decided to continue Elion and bring it to what I really planified. Also the architecture is really different, there are huge differences in how items are stored, also the features are different, would have been a headache and keep up-to-date that server would have been a nightmare, I didn't have enough resources to do both things at same time and I am pretty sure that prototype wouldn't bring us any value at all.

If any of you wants to make a question feel free to do it and I will answer it.

Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
### Update
Party System is finished, started working on the Trade System and others internal systems, the next huge step is the Quest System and finish all the required details, configure the shops and prepare everything for the test server launch.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
### Update
Party System is finished, started working on the Trade System and others internal systems, the next huge step is the Quest System and finish all the required details, configure the shops and prepare everything for the test server launch.

you are very, very far behind my friend

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know its remake, it was a sarcastic question. because it seems far away from the original mu. i hope sirmaster project goal is to recreate the most original game possible. because mu is mu, and no other similar game with same items, names etc. can change it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know its remake, it was a sarcastic question. because it seems far away from the original mu. i hope sirmaster project goal is to recreate the most original game possible. because mu is mu, and no other similar game with same items, names etc. can change it
it uses the game client content as-is (nothing is converted, everything loaded in runtime), as well as connecting a regular MU GameServer (e.g. same game mechanics and gameplay like the original)

so yes, its MU. just with somewhat different UI and some UI-related customizations

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
### UPDATE 2021-08-01
Trade system is almost finished, only client side is missing, many changes were made in the game also some bugs we found were fixed during this weekend, next weekend will finish it and start working on the Vault and Quest system

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys! Our test server is available now!

Register :
Installer :

55ZZP6u - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
synth3r - you scan diffrent file.
Correct file is here -

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
False positive, these antivirus which detected something aren’t reliable, don’t worry the launcher was made by me using Qt I don’t have any virus in my computer so it is clean or was infected after installed.

Remember the executables aren’t signed so it is normal to get false positives when the antivirus makes simple checks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Awesome- Really awesome. I perceive and overall great experience running it on old hardware.
Except for the god-like budge dragon that never dies , everything was smooth

False positive, these antivirus which detected something aren’t reliable, don’t worry the launcher was made by me using Qt I don’t have any virus in my computer so it is clean or was infected after installed.

Remember the executables aren’t signed so it is normal to get false positives when the antivirus makes simple checks.

Most detections should point to how installer handles system certificate store

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Awesome- Really awesome. I perceive and overall great experience running it on old hardware.
Except for the god-like budge dragon that never dies , everything was smooth

Most detections should point to how installer handles system certificate store

hahahaha yeah I am going to configure these monsters this weekend.

About virustotal, I just checked the game executables and show as clean (these doesn't use Qt), only the launcher is being detected as false positive (the only executable that use Qt), I was reading about these false positive and seems like there is many projects in github that gives these kind of false positive, I will be checking what I can do about it but everything points that Qt was wrongly registered as virus by these antiviruses and the linked libraries are being detected like that (Qt 5.15.2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back