Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone!

Today I bring you a great development what we are working together with @SirMaster, it is a "remake" of Mu Online.

We are developing the Client and Server from scratch, everything is made from zero.

Our client has the same animation speeds, physics and others details as the original.

Technologies:
Graphic Engine: DirectX 11 (Support graphic cards with Shader Model 4.0 and greater)
and OpenGL (For Cross Platform, not available yet)
Audio Engine(Sounds): XAudio2
Audio Engine(Musics): PortAudio
Network: Elion Network(use IOCP for Windows, not available yet for others OS, it is a fully scalable network library)

Performance:
(Based on Core i7 7700K with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and Enabled Advanced Shadows)
Elion
230+ FPS Entire Lorencia with all Objects
Webzen
1 FPS Entire Lorencia with all Objects

Elion
120+ FPS with 300 characters with different equipment
Webzen
1 FPS with 300 characters with different equipment

Elion
350+ FPS with 15 different characters
Webzen
16~18 FPS with 15 different characters

Elion
350+ FPS with full speed Twisting Slash
Webzen
8~12 FPS with full speed(as much it can give) Twisting Slash

* Still working on optimizations, this mean in future will be even faster without lose quality, instead increasing it

Special Features
Up to 8K Textures (Of course this would be overkill for the game)
Fully Multithreading Engine (Can choose how many cores of your Processor)
Optimized Network System
Native Architecture Anti-Hack (No way to do Speed Hack, One Hit Hack, Teleport Hack, Position Hack, and many more... This was the most important feature in the development, if wasn't able to do this, wouldn't continue with the project)
Cross Platform Support
Full 3D Camera with Smooth Movements and Unlimited vision range
Improved Helper System with Online/Offline Mode
Improved Shadows

Shadows Types
None : Disable shadows
Original : Improved original shadows
Original+ : Improved original shadows with terrain height support
CHS : Advanced shadows (AAA Games shadows)

We are still working on Season 6 Episode 3 features like events, and NPCs, and still fixing some bugs when appears.

We know this development will take time, but we think it is going to be the best project ever!

Here I leave some screenshots
P1VbvnF - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Full Vision of map

afTaTF4 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

cZHYEp1 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Pofxj71 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

70SIKWn - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Some options

3JRE8WY - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Testing HD Tiles Textures..
mwIgVUX - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

nT0Tnmd - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Zc0jpDw - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

The server is already working, can play without any problem, except there is missing a few events and NPCs functionality (All monsters are available, we are talking about NPCs)

If want to test it, here is the website:

Soon more info about this project!

Atte: Pinkof

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
(Based on Core i7 7700K with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and Enabled Advanced Shadows) :w00t:Your PC is so strong but not for all user else, who use medium or event low PC. how can run this technology smoothly ?.... I'm testing on your sv AND dont know how to use camera 3D (zoom&rotate) ?
Native Architecture Anti-Hack => I can hack speed easily with CE.....
Your work are so amazing, love your 3D Graphic Engine it made MU revise !!! hope this feature will be shared someday.... :p:

Last edited:
Reaction score
(Based on Core i7 7700K with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and Enabled Advanced Shadows) :w00t:Your PC is so strong but not for all user else, who use medium or event low PC. how can run this technology smoothly ?.... I'm testing on your sv AND dont know how to use camera 3D (zoom&rotate) ?
Your work are so amazing, love your 3D Graphic Engine it made MU revise !!! hope this feature will be shared someday.... :p:

The speed hack doesn'n work.. you just acelerate the graphics. Open 2 main 1 with speedhack and other without speedhack and move the 2 character to the same place.. will take the same time move to the point.
All movement are synchronized with the gameserver

To use cam 3d press and hold the key' shift 'and press and hold left click. Use the scroll to do zoom

Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score

The idea isn't prohibite modify your client memory, because that is impossible, there is always a way, but instead make it useless, and that is exactly what we did with exactly no side effects, that means it won't modify clients experience at all, it works perfectly, about the performance, the idea of compare with a 7700K is to provide enough information about how bad is the webzen code and how well worked and optimized is our client, actually we tested the original webzen client(latest version) with a very low specs notebook and we got between 16~19FPS with normal camera and few monsters in Noria, but in our client we got stable 48~50 FPS with even more monsters, Noria is the most heavy map in MU since it got a lot of models with bones, of course this performance is with unlimited camera, in future we will give the option to limit it to original range, and this will help to improve performance alot since there is many things being processed internally because of unlimited camera.

Nice project, looks almost perfect from the surface :)

Do you plan to release server files or is it a completely closed project?

It is a closed-source project, we don't know what will happen in future, but hope this will increase people hope about client performance, we know there is many problems with the original client, for example the castle siege, too many players decrease a lot the FPS, don't matter what computer you got, however with our client will be able to play it without any problem, and also would give you the extra feature of be sure there is no hackers around you, so you get performance and security at same time.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why dont you start with season X interface?

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Why dont you start with season X interface?

when the base of S6E3 is done, instead of upgrade to Season X interface, we will do our own interface, we are looking to improve it a lot and make it match with our future features, there is a lot of things to finish, but when reach that point of progress you will see the Evolution of Mu Online(including the Interface) ;)

Reaction score
Original wz src where is ?

BDzxrx7 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

V1e8yOk - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

:cool:

every day posting the same images.. why? i can't understand you... and why post you a video? every days says HELP ME PINKOF! I NEED YOUR HELP... and now you come with it ? LOL

Please dont make more spam just talk about this project.. Thanks to everybody

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
so... what is the idea asking about the source code and posting videos of your owns projects?, there was people trying to say like our project isn't so good(jealous people who even tried to blackmail us trying to force us release our project, and when failed tried to hack us...), but I will make everyone understand why they are wrong saying things like that, first, if it is so easy make MU run at high FPS and keep it stable(it isn't the same just one character and few monsters, than an entire map full of bones or a map with 300 characters with full equipment and pets), Webzen would already have done it long time ago, but they didn't do it because it is something really hard to do, we're not talking about migrate the Graphic API, because of course we can get this performance with OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX 12, Metal, any Graphic API, that isn't what cause slowdown, the entire game cause slowdown, it is extremelly bad coded, and don't need any source to say this, anyone who has at least a little of knowledge of ASM x86 can know this, just disabling FPS limit, modifying a few lines of code won't improve performance at all, Webzen client is just an obsolete client which will never be able to do better except if you entirely rework the game from the ground(this is what we did, talking about Elion), and even if rework it from the ground there is a huge chance you won't improve it at all or just a little(that is the reason why Webzen didn't do it yet), I had to implement many of my theories in the code that made it work like I wanted, very well optimized and with native anti-hack, if do this is so easy, then go ahead and do yourself, there is nothing preventing you from do it.

Reaction score
Good job Pinkof and SirMaster i have a project too but is only for learn graphic developement
Is developed using D3D9.0c and Vertex&Pixel Shader 2.0b
GPU Skinning + CPU Skinning (V&P Shader 2.0b only support 60bone matrix, some models use more)

Your project look soo good, great job :eek:tt:

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Seems like you are doing really a good job too ^^, keep working on it, already saw a video you posted in another post related to client rework, really liked it :): and thanks for your good vibes :thumbup1:

Reaction score
I think some here mistook me, I'm not saying that the work done by SirMaster is not good, obviously it is. I'm just saying that it's very easy to program anything when you have material to spare.

Anyway, good luck with this new development guys, and I am sorry for my attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back