Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We aren't going to share it as open-source(too many years of work, what kind of benefits would give?), about selling there is no plan to sell it but we will see at future, there is many ideas about what we will do, but of course sharing it for free as open-source isn't one of these ideas.

Regards :):
I can't guess people's intentions, goals or ideals, each person thinks different and that's okay to me, every open source project demands work, effort, time and money... What kind of benefit gets those people who work on open source projects? I don't know, you have to ask them, I asked to you because I don't what kind of person you are or what intentions you have!

Okay, I'll be waiting until you know what you want to do. I think selling the source code will be really good, another option is to sell your custom server and client with a monthly fee as IGC does, I'll be very interested in any of these options. Also, me and my partner currently have a MuOnline community, we are both entrepreneurs and developers since a long time, so if you're searching or interested in some kind of partnership let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
I can't guess people's intentions, goals or ideals, each person thinks different and that's okay to me, every open source project demands work, effort, time and money... What kind of benefit gets those people who work on open source projects? I don't know, you have to ask them, I asked to you because I don't what kind of person you are or what intentions you have!

Okay, I'll be waiting until you know what you want to do. I think selling the source code will be really good, another option is to sell your custom server and client with a monthly fee as IGC does, I'll be very interested in any of these options. Also, me and my partner currently have a MuOnline community, we are both entrepreneurs and developers since a long time, so if you're searching or interested in some kind of partnership let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards.

No, of course, I just answered with the best intention, of course they do receive some benefits, but usually is through patreon, or through some company paying them for some commercial licenses, and these kind of things, however in MU can't expect anything like that, many people tried that kind of scheme and never got anything, they just used their own time and literally wasted it.

About paying services, we thought about it, however won't bring any files, if we take that way we would offer only a web interface without any kind of access to the server.

About selling the project, could be if someone offer a great amount of money(why not?), but all current partners would need to accept the proposal.

There is many options, and we take in consideration any of these, we are open to any proposal, we could talk about it, just contact us, and give a proposal.

Regards.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What about people who spend a lot of time in South America server and now is closed?
You will gift some things those players?

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
What about people who spend a lot of time in South America server and now is closed?
You will gift some things those players?

Of course who helped and was playing, will receive a reward, they were notified, and already know what we are going to do, and understood and accepted, we value our players.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
No, still working on it, doing a lot of optimization and improvements for Android, so it will works perfectly.

I am working 24/7 on it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello SirMaster if you remember me, with your help for me and Hermex with decompile gs90 and 6.3 servers.
Really ? why you working with that "crap" sources like wz client, really it was easier to write using modern engines like Unreal Engine or etc ?
ps : it's my opinion
xD

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Hello SirMaster if you remember me, with your help for me and Hermex with decompile gs90 and 6.3 servers.
Really ? why you working with that "crap" sources like wz client, really it was easier to write using modern engines like Unreal Engine or etc ?
ps : it's my opinion
xD

Hello, I do remember a little, about your question, I don't use anything like wz client, that is what people keep saying, however the entire Elion client is based on my own Game Engine, which is extremelly optimized for this kind of games, that is the reason why I don't use Unreal Engine, or Unity, or any other Game Engine, there is nothing that my Engine can't do compared to Unreal Engine for example, and since it is optimized for my project, the performance is even higher than Unreal or Unity, that was the idea since the begin :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, we'll see about that :cool: supron

I'm also eager to see the remake by supron. He mentioned it a long time ago.

To be honest - if any remake will reach normal game FPS the further performance won't matter anymore.

What will matter is if the creators of the remake will be able to create something that MU Legend didn't become (feature wise) and that they will be able to execute it well enough for the remake to gain traction (either through the creators server or by commercializing files themselves).

Only time will tell who's going to make the best execution that would be able to compete with normal private servers.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Source tested:

qEjhjJG - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I do remember a little, about your question, I don't use anything like wz client, that is what people keep saying, however the entire Elion client is based on my own Game Engine, which is extremelly optimized for this kind of games, that is the reason why I don't use Unreal Engine, or Unity, or any other Game Engine, there is nothing that my Engine can't do compared to Unreal Engine for example, and since it is optimized for my project, the performance is even higher than Unreal or Unity, that was the idea since the begin :):

Game engine is just "shell". It doesn't matter if it's unity, unreal, or any custom home-made engine. Unity is designed to be fast prototyping engine but lacks performance "by default". However, you can use some low level tricks to achieve outstanding performance. This engine has great systems to cull scene and render objects very efficiently. In example, we use static batching for non animated objects and instancing for animated. We removed original animatior component form objects, and I wrote GPU animation shader. Animation is baked into half floating point 2D texture (3 pixels per one matrix). This texture is used by vertex shader to animate the object. With this trick we can use instancing for animated objects. Draw calls are reduced dramatically. Some screenshots of map rendering performance (i7-6700 + nvidia 1070). Game is compiled with il2cpp, and Vulkan backend:

grass (>300 fps)

devias with shadows (~500 fps):

same devias scene, low details, without shadows (>800 fps):

whole lorencia map (~300 fps):

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Game engine is just "shell". It doesn't matter if it's unity, unreal, or any custom home-made engine. Unity is designed to be fast prototyping engine but lacks performance "by default". However, you can use some low level tricks to achieve outstanding performance. This engine has great systems to cull scene and render objects very efficiently. In example, we use static batching for non animated objects and instancing for animated. We removed original animatior component form objects, and I wrote GPU animation shader. Animation is baked into half floating point 2D texture (3 pixels per one matrix). This texture is used by vertex shader to animate the object. With this trick we can use instancing for animated objects. Draw calls are reduced dramatically. Some screenshots of map rendering performance (i7-6700 + nvidia 1070). Game is compiled with il2cpp, and Vulkan backend:

grass (>300 fps)

devias with shadows (~500 fps):

same devias scene, low details, without shadows (>800 fps):

whole lorencia map (~300 fps):

Good job, liked it, but still same my answer, there is still a lot of reasons why I didn't use Unity or Unreal, and it is related to performance, it isn't only about graphics API calls, but still about a lot of things, like for example cache friendly, when you work with a game engine, you are forced to work with its methods, that means you will need to handle everything on their way(look at Unreal Engine source code on github), it isn't only about how you handle the rendering calls exactly, but the whole structure, you will be able to see it by yourself on future when Elion is ready.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys please stop making this an argument like Windows vs Linux, Tabs vs Spaces, Android vs iOS... Any modern engine that will play at native monitor resolution (60hz, 144hz etc.) will do. No one cares if the engine handles the game at 300 or 340 fps as it doesn't matter to the end user.

What matters is your whole concept for the game. How it all fits together. What is the execution. supron what is your product roadmap? SirMaster what is yours?

Will the readers of this topic have a chance to play your creations on a higher level than just a demo?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys please stop making this an argument like Windows vs Linux, Tabs vs Spaces, Android vs iOS... Any modern engine that will play at native monitor resolution (60hz, 144hz etc.) will do. No one cares if the engine handles the game at 300 or 340 fps as it doesn't matter to the end user.
I'm just trying to tell that it doesn't matter if you use unity, unreal or any other engine.

What matters is your whole concept for the game. How it all fits together. What is the execution. @supron what is your product roadmap? @SirMaster what is yours?

Will the readers of this topic have a chance to play your creations on a higher level than just a demo?

We changed our concept entirely. In the beginning, we tried to load original MU Data folder, but we had problems with map modifications. Currently, we converted all maps to *.unity scenes. It's faster and uses fewer resources. I'm too busy with my main job. Bigman is pushing this project forwards more than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back