Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Guys please stop making this an argument like Windows vs Linux, Tabs vs Spaces, Android vs iOS... Any modern engine that will play at native monitor resolution (60hz, 144hz etc.) will do. No one cares if the engine handles the game at 300 or 340 fps as it doesn't matter to the end user.

What matters is your whole concept for the game. How it all fits together. What is the execution. supron what is your product roadmap? SirMaster what is yours?

Will the readers of this topic have a chance to play your creations on a higher level than just a demo?

Actually the idea behind the entire work what is already done and still doing is provide an entire visual upgrade at future without sacrifice the performance, just a little of penalty over it, nobody will notice it, the roadmap is simple, provide a new experience, improved gameplay, effects, terrains and objects quality, no more hacks, etc... i think that is what every player wants from any server, and our idea is provide exactly that and even more at future.

There won't be any limit, we will be able to provide any kind of upgrade, new characters, expanded maps, tessellation for example for a visual upgrade on terrain, think about it like an evolution of MU to AAA quality.

And of course, they will be able to enjoy it, Elion is almost complete for all platforms(except MacOS and iOS, I apologize about that, but no money for that yet, might work on it on future when possible, think that a Mac is really expensive, and an iPhone same, the internal structure is already compatible, but well... can't spend on that right now).

About Elion Engine, well, like said before, didn't talk about it just because i wanted, but because they asked about it, if someone doesn't feel like my answer is right about unity or unreal or any other engine, shouldn't feel offended, i just said what made me choose to do the entire code by myself instead of use any engine, so don't take it too personal, like said many times to many people who talked to me in the past, unity and unreal are really amazing :):.

Hope this answer your questions.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually the idea behind the entire work what is already done and still doing is provide an entire visual upgrade at future without sacrifice the performance, just a little of penalty over it, nobody will notice it, the roadmap is simple, provide a new experience, improved gameplay, effects, terrains and objects quality, no more hacks, etc... i think that is what every player wants from any server, and our idea is provide exactly that and even more at future.

There won't be any limit, we will be able to provide any kind of upgrade, new characters, expanded maps, tessellation for example for a visual upgrade on terrain, think about it like an evolution of MU to AAA quality.

And of course, they will be able to enjoy it, Elion is almost complete for all platforms(except MacOS and iOS, I apologize about that, but no money for that yet, might work on it on future when possible, think that a Mac is really expensive, and an iPhone same, the internal structure is already compatible, but well... can't spend on that right now).

About Elion Engine, well, like said before, didn't talk about it just because i wanted, but because they asked about it, if someone doesn't feel like my answer is right about unity or unreal or any other engine, shouldn't feel offended, i just said what made me choose to do the entire code by myself instead of use any engine, so don't take it too personal, like said many times to many people who talked to me in the past, unity and unreal are really amazing :):.

Hope this answer your questions.

port to iOS is very easy, i'm iOS programmer and i know what i'm saying, you dont need any 'JNI' C++ to JAVA or like that crap, this supports C++ directly, but if you using latest STL's or like a c++ 17 : its have a problems :)

good luck in the future for this project!

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
port to iOS is very easy, i'm iOS programmer and i know what i'm saying, you dont need any 'JNI' C++ to JAVA or like that crap, this supports C++ directly, but if you using latest STL's or like a c++ 17 : its have a problems :)

good luck in the future for this project!

Thank you for the information and luck, actually Elion should be compatible with iOS except the graphic API, reading I saw that I would need to use Metal for MacOS and iOS, the only reason why I didn't compile for it is because I don't have any iPhone and Mac available for test, too much expensive an iPhone hahaha, someday maybe ^^.

Reaction score
j13gIb4 - [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Cross Playing Android & PC Preview

Interface will be changed on future on both Platforms for the Beta.

Preview Video Backend : Vulkan

Hope you guys enjoy it.
Elion Online Cross-Platform Coming Soon

* Beta supported platforms : Windows, Linux and Android
* There is no estimated time for MacOS and iOS version

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hope you guys enjoy it.

cant believe, the dream come true @.@ OMG

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Congratulations, very good job, I would like to donate to the project!

Thank you :):, we really appreciate your consideration, we hope you will be part of the beta when available :thumbup:

Yea, good job :)
But why would you want to donate to a closed source project?

Thank you :thumbup1:

Soon we will post more information about the progress :D:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Is really amazing... just one thing... can you make a BM combo in android??, can you even change skills fast to play pvp?? :questionmark:

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Is really amazing... just one thing... can you make a BM combo in android??, can you even change skills fast to play pvp?? :questionmark:

The interface is going to be reworked, we won't use original S6E3 interface, we are preparing our own interface for PC and Mobile devices, that video was just a demostration about our progress, so mobile devices experience of course will be better than now :):

Reaction score
New info.
Devices Information:
- High-end Specs Smartphone:
* Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core(4x2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
* 6GB memory
* 2160x1080 resolution
* Android 8
* 3400 mAh battery

- Low Specs Smartphone:
* Mediatek Quad-Core(4x1.3 GHz)
* 2GB memory
* 1280x720 resolution
* Android 6

- High-end Specs PC:
* Core i7 7700K
* GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
* 1920x1080 resolution
** Can expect almost same performance with lower CPU and GPU
** Game source is optimized for many generations of CPU and GPU

* Noria is the most heavy map, measures in Noria means better performance in others maps.
* Android devices are being rendered at their max resolution with max quality

- Improved performance on Android:
* Snapdragon 835(Vulkan - Noria): 60FPS improved to 100~120 FPS
* Snapdragon 835(OpenGL ES - Noria): 50FPS improved to 90~105 FPS
* Hyundai(OpenGL ES - Noria): 2~3FPS to 12~14 FPS
** Hyundai device is being used to measure performance for low-performance devices, we are still improving performance for low-memory and slow-processor devices

- Improved memory usage on Android:
* Vulkan: 1GB to 200~250MB
* OpenGL ES: 1,3GB to 250~300MB(Snapdragon 835 using special features) and 400~450MB(Hyundai OpenGL ES 3.1) (Still optimizing memory usage for OpenGL ES)

- Improved battery duration
* Snapdragon 835: ~1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes (Unlimited FPS)
** Battery duration will be improved drastically after finish optimizations and limit FPS to 30

** All mesaures related to Android devices are done with high settings (full resolution of device and without image quality limitations, no FPS limits)

- Improved performance on PC:
* Core i7 7700K with GTX 1080 Ti:
** Select Server(OpenGL): 300~400FPS to 1000~1100FPS (<1ms)
** Select Server(Vulkan): 800~900FPS to 1400~1800FPS (<1ms)
** Noria(OpenGL): 200~240FPS to 500~600FPS
** Noria(Vulkan): 300~320FPS to 700~800FPS

- Improved memory usage on PC:
* Vulkan: 1GB to 400~450MB
* OpenGL: 1,3GB to 450~500MB

- Improved stability on PC and Android:
* DirectX Backend Completed
* OpenGL Backend Completed
* Vulkan Backend Completed

- Improved compatibility with GPUs:
* ARM Mali
* AMD Radeon
* NVIDIA GeForce
* Intel iGPU
* Qualcomm Snapdragon

- Improved font rendering
- Fixed game graphics glitches
- Improved advanced shadows
- Improved visual quality with MSAA (available on PC and Android)

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
web not work :(

Our website is down until we finish our development for the Open Beta, we do this for save money from our budget, don't worry, we are still working on Elion :):

web not work :( www.elion.mu

Our website is down until we finish our development for the Open Beta, we do this for save money from our budget, don't worry, we are still working on Elion :):

Reaction score
Seems pretty impressive. My patience is none till i test it.
If its based on your engine it means there wouldnt be a problem with unicode displaying like ”ăîâșț” or whatsoever.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Seems pretty impressive. My patience is none till i test it.
If its based on your engine it means there wouldnt be a problem with unicode displaying like ”ăîâșț” or whatsoever.

Yes won't have these kind of text problems, we are fully supporting UTF-8. :):

Reaction score
hi.. here we show the perfomance d3d11 vs vulkan
all optimization has been finished successfully
We are working in a new interface for Mobile and PC, based on Season 14, Mobile interface will feature a different interface compared to PC for a better user experience.
tested in:
Core i7 7700K GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Looks nice, but what about low end pcs and phones??

Right now we can't take pictures since we are working on the new interface, however last time we tested in low specs smartphone and notebooks gave an incredible performance boost, here will leave an old information gathered from a previous test related to that one(before some optimizations).

In a low end notebook with integrated graphics card from Intel without drivers in Windows 10 gave us a nice performance boost getting around 90 FPS(DirectX 11 only) in Noria(the most heavy map), of course if the graphics card is compatible with Vulkan would give even more performance(OpenGL also got a performance boost in our latest benchmarks), and with drivers some performance penalties wouldn't exists, so this give us a huge performance boost in any system due to our optimizations.

Hope this does answer your question :):

Devices Information:
- High-end Specs Smartphone:
* Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core(4x2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
* 6GB memory
* 2160x1080 resolution
* Android 8
* 3400 mAh battery

- Low Specs Smartphone:
* Mediatek Quad-Core(4x1.3 GHz)
* 2GB memory
* 1280x720 resolution
* Android 6

- High-end Specs PC:
* Core i7 7700K
* GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
* 1920x1080 resolution
** Can expect almost same performance with lower CPU and GPU
** Game source is optimized for many generations of CPU and GPU

* Noria is the most heavy map, measures in Noria means better performance in others maps.
* Android devices are being rendered at their max resolution with max quality

- Improved performance on Android:
* Snapdragon 835(Vulkan - Noria): 60FPS improved to 100~120 FPS
* Snapdragon 835(OpenGL ES - Noria): 50FPS improved to 90~105 FPS
* Hyundai(OpenGL ES - Noria): 2~3FPS to 12~14 FPS
** Hyundai device is being used to measure performance for low-performance devices, we are still improving performance for low-memory and slow-processor devices

- Improved memory usage on Android:
* Vulkan: 1GB to 200~250MB
* OpenGL ES: 1,3GB to 250~300MB(Snapdragon 835 using special features) and 400~450MB(Hyundai OpenGL ES 3.1) (Still optimizing memory usage for OpenGL ES)

- Improved battery duration
* Snapdragon 835: ~1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes (Unlimited FPS)
** Battery duration will be improved drastically after finish optimizations and limit FPS to 30

** All mesaures related to Android devices are done with high settings (full resolution of device and without image quality limitations, no FPS limits)

- Improved performance on PC:
* Core i7 7700K with GTX 1080 Ti:
** Select Server(OpenGL): 300~400FPS to 1000~1100FPS (<1ms)
** Select Server(Vulkan): 800~900FPS to 1400~1800FPS (<1ms)
** Noria(OpenGL): 200~240FPS to 500~600FPS
** Noria(Vulkan): 300~320FPS to 700~800FPS

- Improved memory usage on PC:
* Vulkan: 1GB to 400~450MB
* OpenGL: 1,3GB to 450~500MB

- Improved stability on PC and Android:
* DirectX Backend Completed
* OpenGL Backend Completed
* Vulkan Backend Completed

- Improved compatibility with GPUs:
* ARM Mali
* AMD Radeon
* NVIDIA GeForce
* Intel iGPU
* Qualcomm Snapdragon

- Improved font rendering
- Fixed game graphics glitches
- Improved advanced shadows
- Improved visual quality with MSAA (available on PC and Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back