Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
remaking the entire game...
SOME VIDEOS:

PICTURES:

zvssaGv - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

1fkj2xG - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Fsp7zUH - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

GUeh3NT - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

8pG6Bx7 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

ieGlRRR - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

MmcaqEW - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

1iQEUEe - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

hstULQR - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

HzFGMKX - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

W9pVzhM - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

AmYXopG - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

EXAuYHU - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

58af2467ebcb79acc0c69db1c12256f5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

1726bebabde1b9273a5366322e60dcdf - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

XcBaZQ - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

5okr27r - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
incredible work. ;) Year of work?

started in 2007/2008 to learn DirectX (actually, i started with XNA but then i decided for directx), by 2011 the graphic engine was almost done, from 2012 until now, i coded the game engine (monsters, players, client side stuff, GUI Wrappers to adapt it to the graphic engine, Recast/detour adapters, etc) and of course, the GS including the physics engine.
but of course, i did not write the physics engine, i just create the interface to make it work with my engine. Same with the GUI core.

now i'm adding some extra models from season6 data folder to the map.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Of course, as u may have noticed, i did not show any screen showing lorencia, i mean the real lorencia.
well, i can do it, i could recreate lorencia exactly as the original one but this will make this game look exactly like the old mu so
i dont know what to do, should i recreate lorencia? because i've done a pretty one new lorencia, u can watch the videos...
So, any suggestions about creating the old maps?

I have an idea. Has some of us know, at first, we need to know HOW do you set all the object inside every map, and how do you set terrains inside that engine. PentiumTools have object editor, and of course, you can export it to .txt(This will Show u X, Y, Z, Size and Rotate X,Y,Z coords). Then i think you can load that settings and make terrain for your engine.

But, have we are missing something? what could be? True, Transform all objects to your format. I think the best way is keep Webzen(BMD) format, cuz, thats is so many work convert all bmds to your formart, at less, if you havent automatic folder & file converter.

After all that work, you should have original MuOnline maps.

Good Job? ;)

-------------------------------------
Es demasiado laburo, pero si armas un programa que convierta todo automatico, con unos 5 o 10 clicks, un case y 2 horas, tenes todos los MAPAS desde 97d hasta S5. Se trata un poco de automatizar el proceso.

Sobre convertir los valores del ITEM.TXT hacia tu formato, volvemos a lo mismo, automatiza el procedimiento y tendras una aplicacion para multiples cosas. ;)
---

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have an idea. Has some of us know, at first, we need to know HOW do you set all the object inside every map, and how do you set terrains inside that engine. PentiumTools have object editor, and of course, you can export it to .txt(This will Show u X, Y, Z, Size and Rotate X,Y,Z coords). Then i think you can load that settings and make terrain for your engine.

But, have we are missing something? what could be? True, Transform all objects to your format. I think the best way is keep Webzen(BMD) format, cuz, thats is so many work convert all bmds to your formart, at less, if you havent automatic folder & file converter.

After all that work, you should have original MuOnline maps.

Good Job? ;)

-------------------------------------
Es demasiado laburo, pero si armas un programa que convierta todo automatico, con unos 5 o 10 clicks, un case y 2 horas, tenes todos los MAPAS desde 97d hasta S5. Se trata un poco de automatizar el proceso.

Sobre convertir los valores del ITEM.TXT hacia tu formato, volvemos a lo mismo, automatiza el procedimiento y tendras una aplicacion para multiples cosas. ;)
---

yes, exactly, but there are three files in Worldxx folders: .obj, .map and .att

(maybe i am wrong here...)
.obj = object ID, pos XYZ, rotXYZ (euler angles)
.map = i think it has tile info, (tile = quads), info like: QUAD X = 120, Y =138 = WATER, this is, in those coords, put water or any other thing,
.att = each quad (from 0 to 255) has id 0 or 1 meaning it is walkeable or not.

i can put all obj info, take every smd file (need to get each smd from bmd, this is easy) and then render all those objects, i can do it yes, but no using .map info since my engine does not work like that
my terrain is not a 255x255, it is a mesh/meshes or planes.

anyway, in other words, i can do all u said, i will try it this week, but i dont like original textures, they are old, ugly. i like my new lorencia (L)

in fact, all those monsters u see (new pictures were added), were automatically exported from original smd to my format, in 1 min =)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
.obj = object ID, pos XYZ, rotXYZ (euler angles)
.map = i think it has tile info, (tile = quads), info like: QUAD X = 120, Y =138 = WATER, this is, in those coords, put water or any other thing,
.att = each quad (from 0 to 255) has id 0 or 1 meaning it is walkeable or not.
Thats is true. So you are missing Terrain Lights(Texture in OZJ) it use RGB Colors for light or darkness and TerrainHeight(Texture on OZB) that make holes and mountains.

I think that for this proyect, you should keep in mind that "Remake all textures" means "Make and entire new game, make new bmds with more details".

Here come my suggestions:

If you really want Mu Remake, take it easy. Webzen made muonline with more than 16 years, only god knows what time they used before 0.74 BETA version. Make a perfect new lorencia, then start to dev dungeon, noria and devias.. Make working interface(Simple but working[Stats, Map Move Interface, Inventory & Shops]), 3 or 4 skill per character, 13 shops(Simple Process), 5 sets and original 3 wings. I think that pets could wait.

If you want "Mu Remake" with Old Original Map, you already knows what do u have tu do.(Maybe add support 255.*255 temporally).

Reaction score
This is an amazing work!

Personally I prefer original maps :)

Wish you best of the luck!
Hope to see this someday in private servers :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
here real Mu Online Season 4.6 Emulated Client side (like a web game) in Unity3d, using new engine (better quality), and original objects + classic features from original Game.

and Player move using: A, S, D & W keys

Look:

PS: This is exactly what we should try to do just that through an Executable and not a web game. (I think).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
update:
Today i finished the shader-based terrain, now can "paint" the terrain and change scale/uv parameters.
for know is alpha but here is the thing, to create an alpha test, i need maps, lorencia noria etc.
i already have lorencia and devias (70%), i made it using 3dsmax (i can use my editor but of course, i like 3dsmax).

here a video: (watch in HD please...)

but it is no enough, so since i dont have time to code the gui system for market/auction house, code mobs AI (now just walk around, follow chars and hit untill die, dont avoid, dont think, dont choose different skills etc), code events, hit/dmg/defense stuff, trade checks etc, i will need someone to do the art part, that's why i started coding the editor; and the worse thing, i have to continue my engineering career so, dont have time for all :(

well, again, with this tool, anyone can move, rotate scale things, just the basic.

here an old screen:
REMOVED

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so my question is, is any team or whatever that is willing to help to continue this project? my first idea was to make it public so anyone can make own server (this project already include gs), but it is not fear to do all this alone -.-
I think you should create github repo or something like it. Anyone will can send commit or edit whatever he want.

Good project. Finally someone is creating client that will be fast enough for game graphic effects. Respect!

p.s. i'm interested in developing/helping. But, my knowledge is not good. I need to learn...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice project and i see you got potenclial. But.. this is not mu, there is no climat of mu. You just create new game with some models of mu and thats all:( Calling this "remake" is big missunderstanding
Good luck with development:D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yea, u are right.
now, i will try to make it look like original, just for testing porpuse.

i get this from .obj files,
GM-Andromeda - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

but i dont know how to map id => object name.
i mean, for example, ID 5 => Beer01.smd.

is there a file that maps each id to the right object name?
thx.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you use imgur.com for upload images? photobucket pisses me off.. btw really nice project.

Back