Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you'll keep working so fast we'll have MU3 earlier than MU2 :D keep going!! Very good job Andro

Reaction score
can somebody help us with the items stuff? including sets and weapons?
i'm making the maps and someone is making the monsters stuff, no time for sets
no C++ knowledge, no coding a single line, just clicking "file import save" etc like 10k times
:viking:

edit: starting bc
58af2467ebcb79acc0c69db1c12256f5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums
Damn, I want to be a part of this unreal beast remake.
Tell me what to do, you can contact me via skype: xnetzo

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i started to write a graphic engine, for learning porpuse and a collage project simulation, then i realized that i could start using that knowledge for making/remaking games, just like mu online or any other game.

100% Engine Source Code, including Client and Server, i don't use externals library without source (except DirectX and some image libraries).

Client
  • DirectX wrapper based on OGRE
  • Materials system includen techniques and pass, based on OGRE
  • Own Shader system, including DirectCompute.
  • Own Animation system, including both software and hardware shader animation, i will add VTF (Vertex Texture Fetch) soon.
  • Resource managers, Scene stuff, objects/Entities/WorldObjects are based on Irrlicht Engine and Game Engine Architecture ( )
  • Well, of course, it does have some personal tricks =)
  • GUI System is based on CEGUI.
  • GAME GUI is 100% own work. (including inventory, bars, items, etc)
  • Pathfinding is based on the well known Recast/Detour project, i also added a custom, self made grid path finding system (no navmesh support of course, it is not a mesh, is a grid.)

Server
  • GameServer was build from scratch
  • Pathfind and AI based on Recast/Detour
  • Almost 100% own design, except networking, game protocol and attribute system.
  • Octree implementation in world nodes design. (request players in range now is O(log n))
  • Collision engine is 100% done.
  • Wrapper including both Physx and Bullet (i like bulletPhysics since it is open source :):)

I also coded a map/world editor, and create a 3dsMax plugin to export data (actually, just rewrite an older one)

I New system, it works like diablo 3 auction house, u can put items, buy them, etc, most rpg have that system.
You can search, for example, dp armor at least +7, at least +4 opt, w/without luck and u will get the match list, u can buy it just using Gold/Zen.

Uk8E5uy - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

SOME VIDEOS:

PICTURES:
zvssaGv - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

1fkj2xG - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Fsp7zUH - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

GUeh3NT - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

8pG6Bx7 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

ieGlRRR - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

MmcaqEW - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

1iQEUEe - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

hstULQR - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

HzFGMKX - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

W9pVzhM - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

AmYXopG - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

EXAuYHU - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

58af2467ebcb79acc0c69db1c12256f5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

I need people to work with monsters and create the maps, atlans, tarkan etc...
no C++ knowledge required, if anyone is interested, send pm

GM how do you plan to secure the client from hacks?

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) i dont use unreal engine, i dont know how to use it, this was explained in the first page a while ago.
2) no need to quote the main post to say something.
3) i dont worry about security right now, i dont even care...
4) first twisting screenshot, of course, no effects so far
8240041fcaaa5af7cf3d99d908d71c57 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great job!

About twisting slash. Weapon should also be rotated locally when spinning around character. But it's hard to say how your remake really looks like from the screenshot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great job!

About twisting slash. Weapon should also be rotated locally when spinning around character. But it's hard to say how your remake really looks like from the screenshot.

i know what u mean, i've noticed that effect but i think it does not affect all weapons.
maybe i am wrong, but i can fix it in 5 minutes, it's just a simple local rotation. :D

edit: can u notice the hd for textures? look at leg armor details :cool:

1726bebabde1b9273a5366322e60dcdf - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

790feb884fe8019cd278e71a8a449b30 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

ec7d254c0522c4f9db961bea0d1fbd8d - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

ede1b200fb17ee81b7ef0c92a29feebc - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

08b817ae11de61a5a3315d22cb1d38e8 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome!

But there is a lot of work ahead of you with Chaos Mix :< Im curious how well you'll be able to recreate game battle mechanics.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Saving images for web would be great! :p
Long loading time here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A question,
Do you have a GUI Editor or you edit manually?

dont have a GUI editor, but i dont even need that, i just create a button in code, then set "isMovable = true", "canresize = true" and then i can go to the game, click it and move it, once it's on the right position and size, i save that position/size and recompile.
child windows, same process, maybe it's not "good" to have that info, like size, etc, hardcoded in the executable, but i dont have time to create a gui editor.

so yea, do it "manually" with some tricks to make them easy to create.

yapa
UdPmSSU - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How much of original MU do you intend to keep? I mean, what will u recreate completely the same and what will you modify?

Also, what is your MVP (Minimum Viable Product)? Which functions do you want to make to call it "First release"?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
to keep original maps, probably need to "recreate" them all in 3dsmax, maya or blender... this is, put every wall/door/tree in place, that would take time, and i dont have time.
MVP? dont know...

and, of course, it's obvious i will not finish this... do the math, one map design = 24hs, all dw skills... dont know, but no less than 100hs work. machine mix? store? i can do both in 1 day full time :D, now count events, 30 maps, a lot of details, etc...

will need 400, 500 hs, maybe 800/1000?... i wont do it, and i wont release anything because there will be no "viable product" to release. One guy with no time, not team => impossible :lol:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's why you should figure way to get some money out of it. It's a great work and you should be payed for it.

Im familiar with Blender (Im not an 3d artist tho) but I think ill be able to recreate the maps. Im also C# developer but I have no experience of Ogre or Irlicht or real time server programming. But hey, nothing that can't be learned ;d

I dont have a lot of private time, but I can help if you see any place for me.

PS: Setting a goal (MVP) would help you gather a team. People tend to be more ambitious when there is a finish visible.

Reaction score
@andromeda
Not that much brother , you just need a faster way to finish things faster =D
and maybe u can find someone to work with indeed.

That's why you should figure way to get some money out of it. It's a great work and you should be payed for it.

Im familiar with Blender (Im not an 3d artist tho) but I think ill be able to recreate the maps. Im also C# developer but I have no experience of Ogre or Irlicht or real time server programming. But hey, nothing that can't be learned ;d

I dont have a lot of private time, but I can help if you see any place for me.

PS: Setting a goal (MVP) would help you gather a team. People tend to be more ambitious when there is a finish visible.

Well i dont think he can make moeny with copyrighted textures and files from other game "MuOnline" you need a proof that you own everything before you sell a game
and graphics/models are very important i suppose.

Thats why he is taking his time doing it slowly etc untill who knows when he'll be ready.

Back