Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
what? Masm ir poop, C++ pointer system is insane and modern compilers (since 2010) can optimize code way better then fakin MASM coders. i`we seen masm coders code.. is poop! my compiler does it better
Fak lowlang coders. no homo!

If u talk about masm in 2ouTen, u dunno nothing about reversing nor masm nor modern compilers.

nowadays it is more difficult to understand c ++ due to its complexity and everything you do or write in the code has to be declared. there are more languages ​​easier to understand even the newest. difficult c ++ goes down in history from one day to the next as it continues to be number one in software or game development.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nowadays it is more difficult to understand c ++ due to its complexity and everything you do or write in the code has to be declared. there are more languages ​​easier to understand even the newest. difficult c ++ goes down in history from one day to the next as it continues to be number one in software or game development.

'c++ goes down in history' - lmao.

Daamn, boy! Where'd you get those drugs? Can I have some?

Reaction score
C++ is a high level language, but only C language (how the IDA output files for example)... I mean... This fuckin* pseudo-code of C... is poop (to me), because I learn first (MASM32). Then all is easy to me, I know perfectly the form of all the main.exe of Webzen, that I have debugged with Olly in the past. By this reason all is easy to me. I thinks that for another people how SmallHabit, this is the same...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dsw_pool - [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2] - RaGEZONE Forums

protocol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C++ is a high level language, but only C language (how the IDA output files for example)... I mean... This fuckin* pseudo-code of C... is poop (to me), because I learn first (MASM32). Then all is easy to me, I know perfectly the form of all the main.exe of Webzen, that I have debugged with Olly in the past. By this reason all is easy to me. I thinks that for another people how SmallHabit, this is the same...

You really!?) Lol.
Masm best lang?) Okaaaay. C++ high level lang... Okaaaay.
Omg, man..
You open my eyes, serious.. ahahah

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
'c++ goes down in history' - lmao.

Daamn, boy! Where'd you get those drugs? Can I have some?

This is where I want to say that it is easier to learn other types of code than c++, which is a more structured code,

the world is full of stupid and toxic people but you are in both I don't know why you have to mention those things here, when I am mentioning something else.

but let @kali have the decency to look at the stupidity of some of you and sanction you or delete post.

if not i can see why this community did not grow to more than there. because of toxic people.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys. BTW, here is the result of 5 minute look into client, FPS is capped to monitor refresh rate, I just made few changes in code to keep animation and camera movement properly. I don't know why WebZen never improved this.

Could you tell me which locations needed to modify to make this work? you don't need to post source or code just give a way to move that I'll try, thanks

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey guys. BTW, here is the result of 5 minute look into client, FPS is capped to monitor refresh rate, I just made few changes in code to keep animation and camera movement properly. I don't know why WebZen never improved this.

10 characters appear and the cpu explodes.

hajhaaja greetings :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Could you tell me which locations needed to modify to make this work? you don't need to post source or code just give a way to move that I'll try, thanks

For this test I changed:
CCameraMove::UpdateTourWayPoint() function:

Code:
else
{
	this->m_fTourCameraAngle += (fRotateSpeed * fRotDir) * deltaTime;
}

Code:
else
{
	this->m_fCurrentCameraPos[0] += (fDirVector[0] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
	this->m_fCurrentCameraPos[1] += (fDirVector[1] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
	this->m_vTourCameraPos[0] += (fTourDirVector[0] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
	this->m_vTourCameraPos[1] += (fTourDirVector[1] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
}

In BMD::playAnimation():
Code:
*AnimationFrame += Speed * deltaTime;

Also removed while cycles in MainScene() function, and added deltaTime calculation. Also wanted to note, that while recording I was using debug version with running debug, which also increasing rendering time. Without debugger and in release version with optimizations at this moment I could get 144fps without particles and sprites rendering. There is a lot more to do, for example move objects calculations and rendering fully on GPU, cause for now all is calculated on CPU (which is slower).

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why Webzen caps its rendering delay at 40ms per frame (25 FPS)??? And why most of rendering calculations are on CPU ???
It's because Webzen wants more and more players can play the game. Remember that 10-20 years before, players did not have fantastic gaming rig like what we have nowadays. And till now after many graphics upgrades, we can still play Mu on an PC without a dedicated graphic card.

And 25 FPS ? with me it's enough for a 20 years++ old non shooter game.
Another advantage of the capping is ... opening many clients at a same time without a high end rig need. (I can easily run 2-3 full parties 24/7 on my PC - before the afk screen update)

Some people (include me) have ever complained about Webzen old graphic api. And some are trying to port it to a newer graphic api (such as dx11/vulkan, you know who I'm talking about).
It's totally NONSENSE... Do you need 144 FPS for this fking game ??? So, and how much CPU/GPU 1 client eat ???

Do you think Webzen didn't try to upgrade the graphics ? hahaha. NO they did, They called it Mu Legend (just a poop - my opinion).

I remember, when I said It's hardly to see the differences between 60Hz / 120Hz / ... some genius gave an youtube clip for the comparation. shenanigans, when my monitor only 60Hz, you think it can display the clip at 120Hz ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I remember, when I said It's hardly to see the differences between 60Hz / 120Hz / ... some genius gave an youtube clip for the comparation. shenanigans, when my monitor only 60Hz, you think it can display the clip at 120Hz ?

You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi poop box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent framerates.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi poop box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent frame-rates.
People eyes are different. Some can some can’t.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi poop box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent framerates.

Just one question. Do you have to calculated new positions/colors/lighting/... of every objects every single frame ??? 144Hz -> 7ms per frame, the CPU/GPU calculated new rendering info every 7ms... COSTLY WASTEFUL !!!! This is not a MOBA / FPShooters AGAIN.

If you say no. then im done.

Btw, due to long term computer using (and aging), the eyes become weak. So 120Hz & 144Hz are nonsense with me.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Btw, due to long term computer using (and aging), the eyes become weak. So 120Hz & 144Hz are nonsense with me.

That's why there exists screens with higher refresh rate, higher refresh rates makes your eyes rest more while sitting in front of them. Also low blue light mode is here to help with the eyes problems while working at late night or in dark room. 60Hz screen is now a history.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but Louis already made this FPS modification on the client and said that running the MU above 30 FPS can cause some problems, the game was not designed to work like that. So maybe it would be nice to modify the client to run at a fixed 30 FPS and not 20~27 FPS.

See:

Last edited:
Back