Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but Louis already made this FPS modification on the client and said that running the MU above 30 FPS can cause some problems, the game was not designed to work like that. So maybe it would be nice to modify the client to run at a fixed 30 FPS and not 20~27 FPS.

See:

The problem with increasing the fps not only increases the amount of fps, but also the speed of movement of the characters that would cause a speedhack if you have an antihack server side will disconnect it I would recommend to increase the Flauidez of the window but not the animation of the characters.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem with increasing the fps not only increases the amount of fps, but also the speed of movement of the characters that would cause a speedhack if you have an antihack server side will disconnect it I would recommend to increase the Flauidez of the window but not the animation of the characters.

The antihacker in his files are very easy to configure, what he says in the video is that the speed of the animations can cause server lag.

I don't particularly think it's a problem on small servers, but on large servers, it should be something to think about.

If the game was running at 20 FPS and now it's running at 120 FPS, isn't each player sending 6x "more information" per second or am I following some wrong logic?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys. BTW, here is the result of 5 minute look into client, FPS is capped to monitor refresh rate, I just made few changes in code to keep animation and camera movement properly. I don't know why WebZen never improved this.

The "correct" way would be to modify the rendering of the BMD models, so instead of transitioning to the next "animation frame" immediately - you would lerp between the current and next animation frame (lerp the bone position)

This way the animation looks smoother but the game speed remains the same

This is essentially what I did with my Unity mu project (you can see an example below, but note that due to video recording it jitters a bit - in reality its smooth)

eefc86589d9e1fd4df039d39f3b50238 - [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The "correct" way would be to modify the rendering of the BMD models, so instead of transitioning to the next "animation frame" immediately - you would lerp between the current and next animation frame (lerp the bone position)

This way the animation looks smoother but the game speed remains the same

This is essentially what I did with my Unity mu project (you can see an example below, but note that due to video recording it jitters a bit - in reality its smooth)

eefc86589d9e1fd4df039d39f3b50238 - [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2] - RaGEZONE Forums

The rendering of animation already have some lerp (webzen uses it), so when I multiply animationSpeed on deltaTime the effect is the same as on your video.

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The antihacker in his files are very easy to configure, what he says in the video is that the speed of the animations can cause server lag.

I don't particularly think it's a problem on small servers, but on large servers, it should be something to think about.

If the game was running at 20 FPS and now it's running at 120 FPS, isn't each player sending 6x "more information" per second or am I following some wrong logic?
yes you are right the game is designed for a certain time in fps if webzen itself has not tried it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just one question. Do you have to calculated new positions/colors/lighting/... of every objects every single frame ??? 144Hz -> 7ms per frame, the CPU/GPU calculated new rendering info every 7ms... COSTLY WASTEFUL !!!! This is not a MOBA / FPShooters AGAIN.

If you say no. then im done.

Btw, due to long term computer using (and aging), the eyes become weak. So 120Hz & 144Hz are nonsense with me.

why do you need to computing them all for every single frame? don't answer, you don't need
you can update them every 40ms and render every 7ms

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
why do you need to computing them all for every single frame? don't answer, you don't need
you can update them every 40ms and render every 7ms

LOL, do you know what you are talking about ???
The 144Hz rendering will make the game SMOOTHER with LERP / SLERP.
If you update the positions after every 40ms (25FPS) then throw your 144Hz monitor to the trash. because the monitor renders the same thing in 40ms (7 frames repeated), which a 30Hz monitor can do same.
HELL, can't believe it... I'm done. Thanks for "don't answer", I'm really done.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
LOL, do you know what you are talking about ???
The 144Hz rendering will make the game SMOOTHER with LERP / SLERP.
If you update the positions after every 40ms (25FPS) then throw your 144Hz monitor to the trash. because the monitor renders the same thing in 40ms (7 frames repeated), which a 30Hz monitor can do same.
HELL, can't believe it... I'm done. Thanks for "don't answer", I'm really done.

You, don't need to update state every time you render something. This is elementary. Even single player games don't do this. You can actually make this client run in smoother fps without flooding the GameServer OR breaking the game logic, but I doubt it will be as easy as modifying a few line of code since this is a game that was build from the ground up taking into consideration restrictions that are irrelevant today.

Reaction score
Yes the gameserver 1.00.93 source is there they probably will do something if webzen issue a dmca claim.

Hheheehhe i have sure that will never do anything :p

Three questions:

1. Possible to re-write the cashShop library? Soo we can use a newest toolset and more moderns compilers not only newest source editors like Visual Studio in client.
-> I do not see any advantage to use vc90 toolset to compile in Visual Studio 2019 as editor? Holy crap, users still debating ASM vs C++ and use Visual Studio 2019 to compile with vs 2008 vc90
2. About cashshop, maybe will possible restore CashShop like as season 4.5?
3. Extends the game client to be used in other platforms?

Ps. My Season 5.5 server runs well the compiled client with this sources! :junglejane:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Three questions:

1. Possible to re-write the cashShop library? Soo we can use a newest toolset and more moderns compilers not only newest source editors like Visual Studio in client.
-> I do not see any advantage to use vc90 toolset to compile in Visual Studio 2019 as editor? Holy crap, users still debating ASM vs C++ and use Visual Studio 2019 to compile with vs 2008 vc90

Ps. My Season 5.5 server runs well the compiled client with this sources! :junglejane:

CashShop just downloads some data from web by http/https/ftp and whatever more it can. Just use any other library in code...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Three questions:

https://imgur.com/DH6g
DH6g0hC - [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2] - RaGEZONE Forums

boy is it possible to rebuild the libs :)

CashShop just downloads some data from web by http/https/ftp and whatever more it can. Just use any other library in code...

You're wrong, downloading the files is only a small part of what that library handles.ps: the library did not change in its internal functioning until today, they only added a few lines of code that can be decompiled without any problem :)

Attachments

Reaction score
https://imgur.com/DH6g
DH6g0hC - [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2] - RaGEZONE Forums

boy is it possible to rebuild the libs :)

Sorry but you're wrong, downloading the files is only a small part of what that library handles.ps: the library did not change in its internal functioning until today, they only added a few lines of code that can be decompiled without any problem :)

Do not Just repply without know about.
These libs of cashshop have only the headers .h files. Not have .cpp and im not talking about download lib, but cashshop itself.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do not Just repply without know about.
These libs of cashshop have only the headers .h files. Not have .cpp and im not talking about download lib, but cashshop itself.

Didn't you ask this?

"1. Possible to re-write the cashShop library? Soo we can use a newest toolset and more moderns compilers not only newest source editors like Visual Studio in client."

surely you don't know the meaning of rebuild, so you understood that I recompiled the libraries, but no, decompile and rewrote all the libraries ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Didn't you ask this?

"1. Possible to re-write the cashShop library? Soo we can use a newest toolset and more moderns compilers not only newest source editors like Visual Studio in client."

surely you don't know the meaning of rebuild, so you understood that I recompiled the libraries, but no, decompile and rewrote all the libraries ...
Anyway, why do you know about this libs? You have other versions of this libs?
Didnt saw any changelog for them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what!?) guys, any programmer can write from zero that sources.
we have full game sources. you have laugh?)))

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what!?) guys, any programmer can write from zero that sources.
we have full game sources. you have laugh?)))
It would be better if you will be quoting someone you talk. Not with wall

If i was your wall:
the library did not change in its internal functioning until today, they only added a few lines of code

Reaction score
Didn't you ask this?

That is the point, did this libs have source code included in original source leaked If yes my bad, if no again: You don't know what you talking about.

Ps. If you just posted decompiled libs here to show the work, you can also share the sources if there have decompiled by you no?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is the point, did this libs have source code included in original source leaked If yes my bad, if no again: You don't know what you talking about.

Ps. If you just posted decompiled libs here to show the work, you can also share the sources if there have decompiled by you no?

Last quote I make to you, I don't think you asked something as stupid as asking if you can rewrite the library yourself, so I assumed you meant to reconstruct the libraries using the .lib which would be the most logical thing to do, it is also possible you should only follow the calls that are made to the .lib and interpret the operation, it is not very difficult really, it is easier than decompiling them and you will surely get a more optimal code.ps: at one point I thought about sharing them but really with the attitudes of the people who revolve around the mu, they are better done by each one

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last quote I make to you, I don't think you asked something as stupid as asking if you can rewrite the library yourself, so I assumed you meant to reconstruct the libraries using the .lib which would be the most logical thing to do, it is also possible you should only follow the calls that are made to the .lib and interpret the operation, it is not very difficult really, it is easier than decompiling them and you will surely get a more optimal code.ps: at one point I thought about sharing them but really with the attitudes of the people who revolve around the mu, they are better done by each one
That's why this commuinity like this.
You posted screenshot of some rewriting or decompilation to brag about it?
Now you rubbing us and telling that you wanted to share, but...
So you are one of same people you dont like.
Nah, keep it. Dont share, it's treasure.

p.s. i think, that would be better to rewrite this part and using something like curl or whatever modern library.

Last edited:
Back