[Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2]

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    53Posts

Re: [Development] Source Mu Main 1.03.35 [Season 5.1 - Season 5.2]

protocol?
    Last edited by Ketchup; 02-08-21 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spam Link Removed.

MemberRank
    Jul 2021 Join Date
    18Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiosani View Post
    C++ is a high level language, but only C language (how the IDA output files for example)... I mean... This fuckin* pseudo-code of C... is shit (to me), because I learn first (MASM32). Then all is easy to me, I know perfectly the form of all the main.exe of Webzen, that I have debugged with Olly in the past. By this reason all is easy to me. I thinks that for another people how SmallHabit, this is the same...
    You really!?) Lol.
    Masm best lang?) Okaaaay. C++ high level lang... Okaaaay.
    Omg, man..
    You open my eyes, serious.. ahahah

Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2004 Join Date
    1,726Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOLCODE is best coding lang! k KTHXBYE
    "Nobody ever died of hard work", they say. But why take the risk? (Ronald Reagan)
    Code:
    http://patch-ggp.muonline.webzen.net/(version)/up_list.zip

MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    VenezuelaLocation
    188Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmallHabit View Post
    'c++ goes down in history' - lmao.

Daamn, boy! Where'd you get those drugs? Can I have some?
    This is where I want to say that it is easier to learn other types of code than c++, which is a more structured code,

the world is full of stupid and toxic people but you are in both I don't know why you have to mention those things here, when I am mentioning something else.

but let @kali have the decency to look at the stupidity of some of you and sanction you or delete post.

if not i can see why this community did not grow to more than there. because of toxic people.
    this is wanted.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2004 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    305Posts

Hey guys...
    Focus on the subject of the thread.

Thanks.

[]'s

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    LatviaLocation
    231Posts

Hey guys. BTW, here is the result of 5 minute look into client, FPS is capped to monitor refresh rate, I just made few changes in code to keep animation and camera movement properly. I don't know why WebZen never improved this.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all

MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    62Posts

Hey guys. BTW, here is the result of 5 minute look into client, FPS is capped to monitor refresh rate, I just made few changes in code to keep animation and camera movement properly. I don't know why WebZen never improved this.

Could you tell me which locations needed to modify to make this work? you don't need to post source or code just give a way to move that I'll try, thanks

MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    VenezuelaLocation
    188Posts

10 characters appear and the cpu explodes.

hajhaaja greetings :)
    this is wanted.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    LatviaLocation
    231Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NaveMu View Post
    Could you tell me which locations needed to modify to make this work? you don't need to post source or code just give a way to move that I'll try, thanks
    For this test I changed:
    CCameraMove::UpdateTourWayPoint() function:

Code:
    else
    {
    	this->m_fTourCameraAngle += (fRotateSpeed * fRotDir) * deltaTime;
    }
    Code:
    else
    {
    	this->m_fCurrentCameraPos[0] += (fDirVector[0] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
    	this->m_fCurrentCameraPos[1] += (fDirVector[1] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
    	this->m_vTourCameraPos[0] += (fTourDirVector[0] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
    	this->m_vTourCameraPos[1] += (fTourDirVector[1] * pTargetWayPoint->fCameraMoveAccel) * deltaTime;
    }
    In BMD::PlayAnimation():
    Code:
    *AnimationFrame += Speed * deltaTime;
    Also removed while cycles in MainScene() function, and added deltaTime calculation. Also wanted to note, that while recording I was using debug version with running debug, which also increasing rendering time. Without debugger and in release version with optimizations at this moment I could get 144fps without particles and sprites rendering. There is a lot more to do, for example move objects calculations and rendering fully on GPU, cause for now all is calculated on CPU (which is slower).
    Last edited by SmallHabit; 05-08-21 at 08:10 AM.

True MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    210Posts

Why Webzen caps its rendering delay at 40ms per frame (25 FPS)??? And why most of rendering calculations are on CPU ???
    It's because Webzen wants more and more players can play the game. Remember that 10-20 years before, players did not have fantastic gaming rig like what we have nowadays. And till now after many graphics upgrades, we can still play Mu on an PC without a dedicated graphic card.

And 25 FPS ? with me it's enough for a 20 years++ old non shooter game.
    Another advantage of the capping is ... opening many clients at a same time without a high end rig need. (I can easily run 2-3 full parties 24/7 on my PC - before the afk screen update)

Some people (include me) have ever complained about Webzen old graphic api. And some are trying to port it to a newer graphic api (such as dx11/vulkan, you know who I'm talking about).
    It's totally NONSENSE... Do you need 144 FPS for this fking game ??? So, and how much CPU/GPU 1 client eat ???

Do you think Webzen didn't try to upgrade the graphics ? hahaha. NO they did, They called it Mu Legend (just a shit - my opinion).

I remember, when I said It's hardly to see the differences between 60Hz / 120Hz / ... some genius gave an youtube clip for the comparation. Bullshit, when my monitor only 60Hz, you think it can display the clip at 120Hz ?

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    LatviaLocation
    231Posts

I remember, when I said It's hardly to see the differences between 60Hz / 120Hz / ... some genius gave an youtube clip for the comparation. Bullshit, when my monitor only 60Hz, you think it can display the clip at 120Hz ?
    You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi shit box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent framerates.

MemberRank
    Apr 2018 Join Date
    10Posts

You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi shit box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent frame-rates.
    People eyes are different. Some can some can’t.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    LatviaLocation
    231Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvh View Post
    People eyes are different. Some can some can’t.
    Well, then I am feeling very sad for people who can't see the difference, possible then 21fps for them is ok :D

True MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    210Posts

You are wrong, period. You can see the difference in 60 / 120 / 144Hz very easily, also video is 60fps, so you still can see the difference, more fps, more smoothness on the image rendered, the smoother image the more your eyes rests. The reason of unlimiting fps is not just getting the more fps - this was made just for a test reasons, the game is not using PC resources properly, CPU is not loaded, GPU is in idle state, and game just lags... With new version of OGL, DX or Vulkan - you could run Mu client even on raspberry Pi shit box, as many windows as you want, and still get decent framerates.
    Just one question. Do you have to calculated new positions/colors/lighting/... of every objects every single frame ??? 144Hz -> 7ms per frame, the CPU/GPU calculated new rendering info every 7ms... COSTLY WASTEFUL !!!! This is not a MOBA / FPShooters AGAIN.

If you say no. then im done.

Btw, due to long term computer using (and aging), the eyes become weak. So 120Hz & 144Hz are nonsense with me.
    Last edited by solarismu; 05-08-21 at 11:47 AM.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    LatviaLocation
    231Posts

Btw, due to long term computer using (and aging), the eyes become weak. So 120Hz & 144Hz are nonsense with me.
    That's why there exists screens with higher refresh rate, higher refresh rates makes your eyes rest more while sitting in front of them. Also low blue light mode is here to help with the eyes problems while working at late night or in dark room. 60Hz screen is now a history.

Advertisement