Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Online mobile client prototype

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you rock dude i was trying to do something like this from a very long time but no success so gratz to you and goodluck!!!

Reaction score
c/c++ and opengl

You can also do a: Client Emulator, functional with: Windows O.S.? like normal and Original Game Client, but with your own modifications made directly into the main.exe?

I mean:

internal 3d camera controls
custom skydomes + Atmosphere
custom minimaps radar style
new cool effects for items
new cool maps and monsters
etc.. ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can also do a: Client Emulator, functional with: Windows O.S.? like normal and Original Game Client, but with your own modifications made directly into the main.exe?

I mean:

internal 3d camera controls
custom skydomes + Atmosphere
custom minimaps radar style
new cool effects for items
new cool maps and monsters
etc.. ?

I have it fully functional on windows, and i can add anything in it look the picture:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MU Online (webzen) has bad scene manager, resource manager, UI engine ^^!
I think you should try another method for better performance. Not only base on 0.74 client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why 0.74 client?
i dont understand, really dont...

first of all, that client is using the same textures and same mesh/poly information for rendering, even textures and fonts for the GUI System are exactly the same...

so you created your own engine and reverse all client data (maybe change smd format to obj or wathever, or even jpg to dds), then u probably added that data to the engine?

is that what u did?

because EVEN the distance between steps, i mean, game steps are exactly the same, it is not a navigation mesh u use for moving entities (or characters), it is a grid mesh base on coordinates, just like the original game.

the only difference, of course, is the (one?) light above.

i am asking because i started a project in 2007/2008, from scratch, but i dont use any world-object like bridges or trees from mu client (bad art, bad textures and design), instead, i decompiled three other games to get those models.
im just using players and monsters data. including almost the same animations but different rigging for some actors... but it is almost the same.

well, got curious because, somehow, u created a client that is almost equal to webzen's :D

but i have to say, lets see how u are gonna implement shaders and billboards for skill effects ^^

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why 0.74 client?
i dont understand, really dont...

first of all, that client is using the same textures and same mesh/poly information for rendering, even textures and fonts for the GUI System are exactly the same...

so you created your own engine and reverse all client data (maybe change smd format to obj or wathever, or even jpg to dds), then u probably added that data to the engine?

is that what u did?

because EVEN the distance between steps, i mean, game steps are exactly the same, it is not a navigation mesh u use for moving entities (or characters), it is a grid mesh base on coordinates, just like the original game.

the only difference, of course, is the (one?) light above.

i am asking because i started a project in 2007/2008, from scratch, but i dont use any world-object like bridges or trees from mu client (bad art, bad textures and design), instead, i decompiled three other games to get those models.
im just using players and monsters data. including almost the same animations but different rigging for some actors... but it is almost the same.

well, got curious because, somehow, u created a client that is almost equal to webzen's :D

but i have to say, lets see how u are gonna implement shaders and billboards for skill effects ^^

Mobile development is not the same from desktop, i'm using OpenGL ES 1.x to work with it, my point is to have the same mechanic of original game, so why I need to decompile other games to do what is already ready?
The movement from character is grid based and I use A* to find the shortest path. To make shaders and apply is very easy as make a cookie, but for now it's working better than anything of others developers already had did. Next step is work on remove the light bug and to optimize the engine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, this was my work/project 3 months ago.

(firearrow animation was a testonly animation :p)

as you can see, my project is very different, i do not use anything from mu client but players data.

for me, it is easy and FASTER to create my own game instead of remake something, in fact, i tried to rebuild mu client, just the same way somehow you did, but i failed, it was too Ducking hard haha

so i started this in december 2007 for learning purpose, from scratch, when i say from scratch i mean it, from main(int argc, char *argv[]).

i also use lua a bit and boost of course as well as astar for pathfinding. I now have my own game editor 90% complete and my effect software is about 50%, animations are working 100% and i am decompiling mu2 client (posted in ragezone) to learn some details and add some extra data to my client.

even more, i can create my own mu2 client, i have this client that i do understand 100% and changing art data is a peace of cake :)

and, finally, i am coding the gameserver at the same time, it does implement my own encryption functions, own protocol, algorithms and data structures.

so far, i have finished lorencia (all trees are present, plants grass, terrain, some birds flying :p, etc), noria is almost complete and devias 50%.

btw my client and server are going to be completely open source, and will include videos and documentation to add and modify client and server, and, of course, a guide step by step to set up a server in 5 min.

and maybe someone will try to make my client look like yours or mu original client.

off:
these are the best books i read:
rodrigobmg - Mu Online mobile client prototype - RaGEZONE Forums

and if you want to learn more, take MIT lectures on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. They are completely free.

well, "that's all folks!".

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, this was my work/project 3 months ago.

(firearrow animation was a testonly animation :p)

as you can see, my project is very different, i do not use anything from mu client but players data.

for me, it is easy and FASTER to create my own game instead of remake something, in fact, i tried to rebuild mu client, just the same way somehow you did, but i failed, it was too Ducking hard haha

so i started this in december 2007 for learning purpose, from scratch, when i say from scratch i mean it, from main(int argc, char *argv[]).

i also use lua a bit and boost of course as well as astar for pathfinding. I now have my own game editor 90% complete and my effect software is about 50%, animations are working 100% and i am decompiling mu2 client (posted in ragezone) to learn some details and add some extra data to my client.

even more, i can create my own mu2 client, i have this client that i do understand 100% and changing art data is a peace of cake :)

and, finally, i am coding the gameserver at the same time, it does implement my own encryption functions, own protocol, algorithms and data structures.

so far, i have finished lorencia (all trees are present, plants grass, terrain, some birds flying :p, etc), noria is almost complete and devias 50%.

btw my client and server is going to be completely open source, and will include videos and documentation to add and modify client and server, and, of course, a guide step by step to set up a server in 5 min.

and maybe someone will try to make my client look like your's or mu original client.

off:
these are the best books i read:

and if you want to learn more, take MIT lectures on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. They are completely free.

well, "that's all folks!".

Good luck on your quest :D

Last edited:
Back