Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuOnline Text Based Browser Version

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I don't usually make posts, but years ago I had found a text based browser version of Mu, but ended up losing those files over the years. Recently I tried to find them again and all of the links I could find were dead. Until I stumbled on the source code recently. Problem is that it has been translated to Portuguese. I've begun translating it back to english.

Website Demo:
Website Source:
MuOnline Browser Edition Discord:

I was just going to translate the website and just goof around with it, but if we can get a community to work on the project, we might end up with something nicer and more streamlined than the original design.

I don't know who the original author of the site is, but down below I shared links to a couple places I found posts about the files.

Current goals (In no particular order or time frame):

1. Translate to english
  2. Modify/populate all shops to have appropriate items
  3. Make all classes playable. Currently the summoner is totally unplayable as it has no way to deal any real damage to monsters. (Possibly disable summoner for now, save it for future expansions)
  4. Add MG/DL at appropriate levels
  5. Add all base game maps up to Lost Tower
  6. Add base game events, Devils Square, Blood Castle
  7. Class Change Quests
  8. All sets up to red dragon/guardian/legendary
  9. Set up an admin page to control settings.
    • Item editor (Add / Remove / Modify Items)
    • Account / Character editor
    • Ban / Unban system
    • Exp / Drop Rates / Etc
    • Shop Editor
I want everything set up as the game would be originally in version .99 and disable everything else until needed. After the basic game is in place and more playable than it is now, I want to add content season by season with a way to enable / disable seasons content so admins can "release" updates to play through the seasons in order or stop at their favorite season easily.
Database - MySQL

1. Create a MySQL database for the game
  2. Edit database.php with your database connection information
  3. Restore the database using xmu.com.br.sql in SQL FILES
  4. Upload all files (Except the SQL FILES folder (It's just not needed on the webserver.) to your webserver.
Here is some resources I found with information on the source code.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f508/development-mu-online-web-browser-745179/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I don't usually make posts, but years ago I had found a text based browser version of Mu, but ended up losing those files over the years. Recently I tried to find them again and all of the links I could find were dead. Until I stumbled on the source code recently. Problem is that it has been translated to Portuguese. I've begun translating it back to english.

Website Demo:
Website Source:

I was just going to translate the website and just goof around with it, but if we can get a community to work on the project, we might end up with something nicer and more streamlined than the original design.

I don't know who the original author of the site is, but down below I shared links to a couple places I found posts about the files.

Current goals (In no particular order or time frame):

1. Translate to english
  2. Modify/populate all shops to have appropriate items
  3. Make all classes playable. Currently the summoner is totally unplayable as it has no way to deal any real damage to monsters. (Possibly disable summoner for now, save it for future expansions)
  4. Add MG/DL at appropriate levels
  5. Add all base game maps up to Lost Tower
  6. Add base game events, Devils Square, Blood Castle
  7. Class Change Quests
  8. All sets up to red dragon/guardian/legendary
  9. Set up an admin page to control settings.
    • Item editor (Add / Remove / Modify Items)
    • Account / Character editor
    • Ban / Unban system
    • Exp / Drop Rates / Etc
    • Shop Editor
I want everything set up as the game would be originally in version .99 and disable everything else until needed. After the basic game is in place and more playable than it is now, I want to add content season by season with a way to enable / disable seasons content so admins can "release" updates to play through the seasons in order or stop at their favorite season easily.
Database - MySQL

1. Create a MySQL database for the game
  2. Edit database.php with your database connection information
  3. Restore the database using xmu.com.br.sql in SQL FILES
  4. Upload all files (Except the SQL FILES folder (It's just not needed on the webserver.) to your webserver.
Here is some resources I found with information on the source code.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f508/development-mu-online-web-browser-745179/

hey

personally This version is like playing (mu) cards online or games like that online, there is no 'real pvp,pvm 'feelings'' its just a click offline documentary kinda game. This is 'learning how the game works' if everything relies on the exact game guide of mu online and its season, so its like wiki for mu in such a version of mu, and needs aloot of work to be more entertaining, the owner of that website is possibly the owner of their discord linked on their web so maybe suggest that topic link there or see how active the project is.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its remember me, BiteFight from Vampire vs Werewolf.

Register working, login always says "Username or password incorrect"

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I really don't understand why to waste time on this useless projects.
P.S: your code is SQLI vulnerable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really don't understand why to waste time on this useless projects.
P.S: your code is SQLI vulnerable.

Id bet there is quite a few vulnerabilities in the site, i havent done anything to the code i found except starting to translate what is there.

As for it being a useless project, its not really useless if even a few people enjoy it and have fun playing/working on the project.

Though right now the game play isnt very fun. As someone above posted, it needs A LOT of work, and needs quite a bit added to make it have any kind of amusing game play. Right now its more of a novelty really.

Its remember me, BiteFight from Vampire vs Werewolf.

Register working, login always says "Username or password incorrect"

Are you having issues with my hosted demo page, or are you having issues with your own page?

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Id bet there is quite a few vulnerabilities in the site, i havent done anything to the code i found except starting to translate what is there.

As for it being a useless project, its not really useless if even a few people enjoy it and have fun playing/working on the project.

Though right now the game play isnt very fun. As someone above posted, it needs A LOT of work, and needs quite a bit added to make it have any kind of amusing game play. Right now its more of a novelty really.

Are you having issues with my hosted demo page, or are you having issues with your own page?

The whole projcet is built wrong.
for making it fun to use, you will have to re-build like 90% of it.
it is built in a way of "card board" or something such as "Ikariam". it does not meant to be used as a live browser game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
here's mine .i have trouble using lost map for kalima, it says wrong id :(

Back