Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows)

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, fayfay. Not sure if you got your problem fixed or not, but likely your problem was a bad release. They usually get fixed within a few hours of release. Sometimes a dev will fix one thing and break another or forget something, causing issues like yours. Usually fetching an older release or waiting until the devs fix what they broke will alleviate errors.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, a couple of things:

1.) Navicat fails to import sql files if there is no database for the sql file. Right clicking and executing the SQL file is met with an almost instant query termination with the following error "Failed to Execute SQL. No Database." So you need to create the database now.

2.) When executing these SQL files, mangos and character will have well over 500+ errors. Even though it says it's unsuccessful, you need to close your connection to the database object then reconnect to the database object and you will see the tables populate. At this time I am unable to determine if this is an issue or not because I am unable to complete the process due to the third issue...

3.) The guide calls for a batch file to run that, well, doesn't exist. Under the "Populating Databases" section, your instructions state to "Run install_Windows.bat" However no directory is mentioned. After searching my C:\ drive for *.bat and sorting by name, I have confirmed that the batch file you're referencing does not exist. Was this step part of the CMangos installation?

Usually these guides are pretty comprehensive however they MUST be followed step by step. When you start referencing files that don't exist or leave out steps, you're going to cause the process to come to a screeching halt. Where is that install_Windows.bat file supposed to be located? What is it for?

I am going to just continue the process. I have bigger fish to fry (like finding a working client) and if I have to blow the entire server away, whatever.

So I am unable to populate the mangos database due to the tables that caused those 500+ errors being missing. Attempting to populate the database ends immediately.

Five tables populated. This cannot be normal. There seems to be an issue with these SQL files however I cannot tell you what it is. I only know how this process is supposed to look when everything works correctly. Executing SQL files are not supposed to throw that many errors.

Last edited:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
1 and 2: Try executing "sql\create_mysql.sql" first. That might solve the problem. Also try executing the SQL file on the individual database instead of the root connection, as the SQL files may no longer point directly to the appropriate database.

3. MaNGOS has changed the name and location of this file. It's now in "\_tools\MaNGOSdb_Installer.bat." But before running that, run "make_full_db.bat" in that same folder.

MaNGOSdb_installer.bat is simply a utility that automatically populates your world database rather than having to do it through an SQL client, and make_full_db.bat simply creates a single SQL file from all the tables in \_full_db\. And unfortunately sometimes things get changed around so my guide needs to be tweaked a bit. That was really fun back a couple of years ago when MaNGOS split and things got really messy.

If you have anymore problems, post back, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude. That batch file. That was the single piece I needed. My Database installation is continuing at the moment. I will let you know if I run into another snag

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Isn't it easier to have the system read an ini file for the ip address and other location instead of recompiling? Saves the admin time from recompiling.

Back