Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] La Tale Season 3 Server Files - English Instructions

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How to fix the channel problem? How to find and change the world list's port? there is 4 channels without a name and cant be selected. could you upload a fixed version? I can not figure it out.

Hey, Thank you for server files.
I tried setup everything by myself followed your instruction. But I faced a problem like this.
9p2Be2t - [Release] La Tale Season 3 Server Files - English Instructions - RaGEZONE Forums

When I skip the prologue ,that showed a dialog box that seem alert something like "Server Disconnected". I have no idea what is going on? How solve the problem?
I have the same issue, Is there anybody fixed this?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not trying to bump or anything just wanted to give a update on the situation with this account.

I no longer use it and you can find updates here from my main ragezone account VioletChan

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Managed to set up the server. Just want to know how to buy stuff from the Fashion Shop. I added points directly into the database, but when I try buy something, it gives me a message saying "You cant do this right now". Tried rebooting server and database, but still have problems.

---Edit---

The problem happens with Royal Client, but the original client seems to work. I guess I can use the original for purchases and then back to Royal, since that one is in english.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah I actually toyed with the resources folder and found the issue. I am curious on how to pack SPF files though. I can use unpacker easily and then edit LDT files, but not sure how to make the packer work. I cant even use the unpacking bat from the packer folder either.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nevermind, after toying with the bats I realized how they are supposed to work. Managed to finally pack the SPF files. Apparently you have to drag the original SPF file into the bat to pack it and it will automatically pick all info from the extraction folder(Data). Seems to get ALL info though, so extracting various SPF and then packing means you last pack will have all other SPFs on it too. Have keep them in separate folders I guess.

Now I need to figure the logic of adding new items and stuff into these files. I am assuming like maple WZ files, some changes requires edits in more than 1 place to work properly without a crash /:

Is there currently a development discord or something? I am struggling with the lack of documentation and slow loading times to get familiarized with the files and I would love to find people who are working on this. I am mostly curious about editing the Zenne.SPF to add new sprites. I somehow managed to add a new face(more like a copy of an existing PNG and edited it) but it took waaaay longer than it should, especially editing the TBL files with HxD which I only managed to via trial and error, so I learned almost nothing /:

I am aware I could just edit the existing PNGs and replace existing sprites(so no need to edit the TBL file), but I rather know the proper way to create new stuff if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to make a newer client fully functional? I been trying with Fantasy Latale files for a while, but best I could manage was to add newer skills/trees and make them work, though I still dont know to add ascencion levels and such.

Extra items and enemies are also a problem. Managed to add a few extra items manually into my current item.LDT files, but importing the whole file into my server ROWID will make it so I cant connect(I refuse to add every single item 1 by 1 manually too). Same with MOB.ldt files. I am assuming those files must be replaced along with other files at the same time otherwise it will crash, but dunno which ones they rely on.

Already tried replacing all the SPF files directly too for both client and server, but it didnt work.

---
Edit

Managed to mount the updated server finally, but I am having a weird issue with the NPCs not showing their sprite, and a few buildings are messed up. Is weird, cause I am using the original ZENNE(along with the background and map files client side) but it still happens. Well, hopefully I can find the problem soon.

edit 2:

For anyone who cares, it seems the problem was client sided, which is weird considering these are the client files you are supposed to use in first place...But yeah, apparently global_mob.ldt was causing problems loading stuff in general and it would crash eventually, so I swapped it for a different one client side and seems to be working just fine now. Time to go deeper into custom stuff now :D

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you're awesome keep up the work, i have been busy with the holidays and such but i will try to get the files and tutorials up

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good to know you are still around. I am still toying with the Fantasy Tale files I have(they are from around May, so kinda outdated) and I learned a few things comparing them to the Papaya files.

It seems there is a limit for the HP enemies can have(around 2 100 000 000) or at least thats the max each shows in the LDT files. In order to give them more HP, boss enemies were given respawning capabilities(Elrian will spawn 5 times, Ixion 10 times, Malphas around 80 times, and so on) though each spawn is actually a separate enemy.

Problem I am facing is that those new spawns wont show the sprite(I think they rely on mob.ldt which I had to replace with Papaya one) so they are invisible until the very last spawn which is the original one. Since editing one by one is a pain, I am trying to just keep the original spawn for now(though this means they will all have veeery low HP compared to original).

Another is that all items have 0 ely cost, so selling them to NPC gives no ely, and also trying to buy something from a shop is impossible if the price is 0 ely. Though I think this was intentional, because all NPCs actually use the event.ldt function to exchange, so the shop function is basically unused for these files(except when you want to get rid of stuff faster lol).

Last important thing I saw is that the skills were changed a lot in order to add extra classes (like Monk, Agni, Jewel Star, etc). Some classes like say Elemental Master(3rd job wizard) got replaced by other class, so progression is now different. I had problems following the new intended progression with the current NPC in Elfa, so I ended up making a new NPC that can change you into any class(still had to change some reqs for each, just kept the level req for each, so you can actually change back and forth between them anytime).

I think the problem is on my side though, because I did check all the skill related files and they seem to have been in sync, but I just couldnt picture what was wrong. I also still cant use any new class either. I tried doing it from the database, but if I add say Monk or Demigod, the character will have 0 HP and wont be able to move at all. Skills wont work either, though you can still learn them. Ascension also wont rise and seems to be level 0/0. I can change the value in the skill.ldt and actually make it be whatever level I want when you learn it, but that kills the whole progression.

Ultimately, I am using the default LataleClient.exe posted in this topic, because the Fantasy one seems to be modified and I got no idea how to change that xD. I am assuming most of my problems come from that though. Then there are the AJJIYA and JINSSAGA files which I have absolutely no idea how they work. Though in the case of the JINSSAGA, I think thats mostly for maps and layout, so unless I am adding new maps and stuff, I can leave it it like it is. AJJIYA though I think is related to animations and/or sprites, so this one is very important to learn.

Overall though, these files has been a godsend , especially since they are already mostly translated(even more so than Papaya ones lol) and I learned quite a bit from when I first started posted here. I am really looking forward for a tutorial on how to set up the newer files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you're awesome keep up the work, i have been busy with the holidays and such but i will try to get the files and tutorials up
would u plan to release ft s2 server files, now it shutdowns, good memories are gone too, now just want to play for fun by myself.

memory

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It would be great if the remastered version can be released:drool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It would be great if the remastered version can be released:drool:

There most likely wont be any updates to the server files at all because so far, nobody has been able to reverse engineer the server files nor has anybody gotten their hands on the updated stuff

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes , bro~

There most likely wont be any updates to the server files at all because so far, nobody has been able to reverse engineer the server files nor has anybody gotten their hands on the updated stuff
yes, bro~

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The 0 ely resell is intentional because of a hack that the Nitian, the chinese private server released to the community. It enabled you to duplicate items, it took me a few weeks to come up with this fix. You were able to duplicate items and resell them to NPC for infinite ely.

Here it is, what you have all been waiting for

Guide to set it up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbLXK3t1a8iTCGajNjXHTm18pQVHQLAms4zTnrAf_lw/edit?usp=sharing

Link to file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VU1tQanlXQYPbJ2YaAcMZaL9BxoR5g_9/view?usp=sharing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the update! I just tried the client files for a few mins and they seem to work good. The VHIGH seems to load muuuch faster than the VLOW, which is godsend. Still havent tested new classes, will try later after work, but I saw you included a LataleTool for LDT editing which seems incredibly useful. Will make custom stuff much faster now. This really made my day :eek:tt:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Remember to grab the ROWID at the bottom of the guide to make the FX work.

Edit: I have released a file editing guide:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please show me how to sync the client’s fashion shop with the server’s fashion shop so I can buy items from it? Also how do I set my server up so my friends can join me? If someone can add me on discord and let me know that would be much appreciated, cheers!

discord: Steezyblud#9930

Last edited:
Back