Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setting up a La Tale S1 server for local play (english client)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
(Disclaimer: I take no credit for any of the software and tools provided, this is just a guide mixing existing things together)

This will set up a local S1 server for La Tale using the OGP US client v7 as a base for the world files, creating a classic S1 server compatible with the v7 US client.

This guide has been written for and tested with Windows 8.1 x64 running in a virtual machine using VirtualBox. There might be differences on other systems.

What you need

Important: you need to disable the realtime protection of Windows Defender and/or disable any other antivirus you are running or else they'll block the server files. I recommend using a VirtualBox virtual machine for this whole thing.

0. Notes

• this does absolutely not require to install any Microsoft SQL server software (the server emulator will ship its own SQL server)!
  • although there is a more recent v9 client from OGPlanet on WebArchive that should still be S1, it seems to be incompatible with the DB from the Fantasy Tale S1 server software (GameServer will complain about invalid fields in LDT), so stick to the v7 client!
  • the server is known to have issues on Windows 10 and later, use Windows 8.1 or older
Regarding VirtualBox:

• running this in a virtual machine is optional but helps in regards to interfering services or antivirus, Windows version compatibility and so on and can make your life easier
  • the S1 client is pretty old and locked to a 800x600 resolution, my tip: use the virtual monitor scaling feature of VirtualBox to upscale the whole VM screen to 125% or higher
  • when using VirtualBox, keep at least one network interface attached to the VM ("NAT" type is sufficient), if you want to block internet connection uncheck "Cable connected" on that interface in the VirtualBox VM settings instead
  • if you run the client within VirtualBox as well, make sure to install the VirtualBox guest extensions within the VM and set the graphics to "VBoxSVGA" and enable 3D acceleration in the VM settings; this will reduce CPU load when running the client and make the server less laggy

1. Server setup

1. from the Fantasy Tale archive, extract the "S1_Server" folder and move its "S1" server subfolder to C:\, so that you have "C:\S1"
  2. modify "C:\S1\Start Servers.bat" to match the following:
    Code:
    cd C:\S1\
    start chzxsrv.exe
    start binn\GS1.exe /ServerID 101 /WorldID 1
    start binn\LataleAS.exe
    start binn\LataleMgmtServer.exe /ServerID 11
    start binn\LataleLobbyServer.exe
    start binn\LataleLoginServer.exe
    start binn\LataleToolServer.exe
  3. right-click "chzxsrv.exe" and start it once as administrator, then close it (this should initialize DB)
  4. right-click "Start Servers.bat" and run as administrator

2. Server activation

After running "Start Servers.bat" as administrator, locate the server's main window (it has a La Tale picture on it and some garbled text aka mojibake).
Proceed with the following:

1. in the server window choose "Help" > "About"
  2. copy the entire value after "ID:"
  3. start "LaTale PS Custom Encryption Tool.exe" from the "S1" folder
  4. paste the copied ID value into the field below "Decrypt"
  5. press "Decrypt"
  6. in the server window close the About dialog, choose "Help" > "Activation"
  7. paste "Username" into "Account" and "Password" into "PW" from the encryption tool to the activation window and press the activation button
  8. the main server window will close automatically
  9. right-click and run "Close All.bat" as administrator to shutdown server processes
  10. right-click and run "Start Servers.bat" as administrator to restart all server services

3. Account creation

1. in the main server window choose "GM Tools" > "Account Manager"
  2. input the account name in the upper "Name:" field, leave the lower "Name:" field empty
  3. input the desired account password into the "PW:" field and click "Check" (this should do nothing) and then "Add"
(the lower "Name:" field is used to edit existing accounts with the controls in the lower part of the window)

4. Client patching

1. use "La_Tale_Online_V7.0.exe", install it
  2. after install, copy "FREE.SPF" and "RunLocal.bat" from the "lataleusa_patch.7z" to the game folder

5. IMPORTANT: sync server to client

1. from the installed client copy "AJJIYA.SPF", "JINSSAGA.SPF" and "ROWID.SPF" to "C:\S1\binn\resources\Packed" (or whereever your server is located), overwrite the existing files
  2. probably also copy them to "C:\S1\binn\resources\Packed\PVP" (I'm not sure)
  3. restart your server processes runnning both "Close All.bat" and then "Start Servers.bat" as administrator as usual

Finally, use "RunLocal.bat" from your game folder (run as normal user, not admin) to start the game and log in with the previously created account. To make the game fullscreen, remove the "/Windowed" flag from "RunLocal.bat".

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

SunnyCora - [Guide] Setting up a La Tale S1 server for local play (english client) - RaGEZONE Forums

SunnyCora - [Guide] Setting up a La Tale S1 server for local play (english client) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Sunny,
i was able to configure the server, modify the exp rates with you other post and all is running excellent! (Thanks a lot btw)

i have 2 question with the fashion shop.
1- how can i change the unlimited astro? (after the purchase the astro balance stays at 699)
2- how can add or remove astro or points?

thanks a lot!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This guide worked on me, so thx a lot! Really appreciate your effort.
Btw, I have a problem with cash shop(fashion shop).
Buying things doesn't work @ cash shop; It just keeps saying "Invalid data" when I try to make purchase.
Any way to solve this?:?:

+added: cannot learn skills too, with a message "You can't do that job now". Need help!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone confirm if they can learn monster cards with these files?
I tried learning them and it seems when they actually succeed, they simply dont get used at all until they fail and disappear.
Tried changing the rates for several cards to do testing and can confirm a high rate one will take several tries before it disappears, while one with 100% will simply remain in your inventory after being used without actually being learned.

I also checked the DB but I couldnt find any table related to cards being stored. Just want to be sure if its something related to the DB, or something on my side.

Back