Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Luna Map Starter (+Monitoring/Autorestart)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear Luna private server developers,

In the past I have released a custom Luna Plus launcher with autopacher: https://forum.ragezone.com/f545/release-custom-client-launcher-patcher-1051867/

Today I have again another tool to release. As I have stated in the topic above that I am no professional programmer and I never really learned programming, yet I continue to develop more C# apps. This one I call Luna Map Starter and is actually another tool to replace the standard C++ tools which i dont like and fixing them seems like a pain.(MonitoringServer.exe, ServerTool.exe) Now this can pretty much let you manage your whole Luna Online or Luna Plus server, its complatible with both, also lets you monitor the status of your servers, gives an autorestart and crash detect function... well lots of stuff... Thing is I no longer host any Luna server so I was not able to do proper testing, only tried on some Luna Online server on Windows 10. Here's a screenshot to briefly give an idea of its functions:

mapstarter - [Release] Luna Map Starter (+Monitoring/Autorestart) - RaGEZONE Forums

Now keep in mind this is a beta release, posting it here so people could test and give me feedback. Requires .net framework 4.0
Virus scan:

Edit: Added new version, now includes tooltips for everything to make it more clear what does what.

Edit2: Added the start as minimized function.

Edit3: Added new function - minimize to system tray.

Edit4: Small fix for the kill all tray function.

Edit5: UI Update.

Edit6: Added custom delay between map start setting, added Options to tray menu, added agent1/distribute1, added 8 custom and configurable map slots, new big&fat updated settings file - please do not mess with it.

Edit7: Added a new setting to customize the delay between map start and scanning for the just started map's status. This allows to adjust the delay depending on how long it takes to load the map on your PC.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice tool easy to use an i like that you can start an stop any map you want i like it better then my CMD server menu script
would be even better if it had a way to minimise the server console windows still great job :) :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah this is why I needed the testing and feedback, this is an interesting idea which never crossed my mind (start windows as minimized). I will look into that, thanks : )

Edit: Ok, figured out how, now going to implement that.

Edit2: Function was added, first post updated : )

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
awesome i just lightly tested the new ver an every thing looks to be working great an im greatly liking the addition of minimised server console windows
this is such a great tool you made im sure others will like it alot as well

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yet another fuction added and I have noticed most people don't care much about giving feedback - thats very sad because I only ask for what people think to improve it further and if most just download and don't post about what they think about it - I can't improve it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pretty neat tool. Thanks for sharing it ^_^
Some information I would suggest to add since these are information I usually look at:
Players connected per map
Total players connected
Change player limits
Dynamically change the delay between each map start
Dynamically add maps ^_^

this is really a huge improvement over the previous one, however the huge difference is it can't be used remotely or from a different machine to monitor the server. still is a great tool to use ^_^ Thanks again!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[STRIKE]what is the Don't minimize to tray for? it seems to not be working for me
what is supposed to minimize the program or the server windows if it is the program how is it to minimize?
is it meant to be like a don't minimize to tray on close? if so then it isn't working then
or how do i trigger it to minimize?[/STRIKE]

ok i don't know why but the minimize to tray is working now and so is the don't minimize to try guse one of my updates caused a glitch but its fine after i rebooted
nice feature
and i agree with Jaren having a way to Dynamically change the delay between each map start and/or Dynamically add maps would be a great addition

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pretty neat tool. Thanks for sharing it ^_^
Some information I would suggest to add since these are information I usually look at:
Players connected per map
Total players connected
Change player limits
Dynamically change the delay between each map start
Dynamically add maps ^_^

this is really a huge improvement over the previous one, however the huge difference is it can't be used remotely or from a different machine to monitor the server. still is a great tool to use ^_^ Thanks again!

Umm... let's see...
"Players connected per map" - to implement this I would need to know the current C++ source to understand how the servers communicate with each other and what data they send so since I dont really understand much from the source - I can't really add this function
"Total players connected" - same as above
"Change player limits" - could be added, i'll look into that, actually already was thinking about this
"Dynamically change the delay between each map start" - I'm not sure what you mean by that
"Dynamically add maps" - same as above

As for the possibility to be used remotely - same problem as first two and another problem is that to monitor the actual processed i'd need an additional program on the host machine running. Still keep in mind it is possible to use old tools + mine to achieve even more than with either on its own. Anyways I'd be glad if you can explain about the dynamic stuff since I'm not sure what you mean there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dynamically change the delay between each map start:
to change up or down the delay between each server exe starting like map 19 delay 15sec then start map 20

Dynamically add maps:
ability to support adding new custom maps [possibly could have like a text entery area to alow mapserver.exe to be run with custom map numbers or the ability to pull custom map commands from a txt file or ini file]

even with out any more features then what it all ready has this is a great tool an very useful you did a great job making this

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dynamically change the delay between each map start:
to change up or down the delay between each server exe starting like map 19 delay 15sec then start map 20

Dynamically add maps:
ability to support adding new custom maps [possibly could have like a text entery area to alow mapserver.exe to be run with custom map numbers or the ability to pull custom map commands from a txt file or ini file]

even with out any more features then what it all ready has this is a great tool an very useful you did a great job making this

Custom maps, huh? Already had the idea but I thought: "Hmm only Jaren uses custom maps, Jaren will not be interested in my tool - no need to add that function" but now I'm like: "Lol'd". Anyways I have ideas how to implement that.

Still don't understand the dynamic delay between each map start, did you mean to have the ability to edit the interval between map started when clicking the "Start All" button?

Also fixed one function - updated first post.

One more question btw: Where is the max player limit stored? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Custom maps, huh? Already had the idea but I thought: "Hmm only Jaren uses custom maps, Jaren will not be interested in my tool - no need to add that function" but now I'm like: "Lol'd". Anyways I have ideas how to implement that.

Still don't understand the dynamic delay between each map start, did you mean to have the ability to edit the interval between map started when clicking the "Start All" button?

Also fixed one function - updated first post.

One more question btw: Where is the max player limit stored? I can't seem to find it.

yes the interval between each map starting, to be able to increase or decrease the time.

the max player info if im not mistaken is the MaxUserCount.txt in the server root folder [for classic {not sure about plus}]
but to change max player i believe the server has to be restarted [haven't tested that yet thow]

just my opinion but i think if you removed the ? at the end of the check box options it would look nicer and there is no tip popoup for the don't minimize option just thought id mention that since all the others have it

oh is there any possibility for saving setting between times of running the program?
like a check box to enable/disable using a settings file

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see... so the dynamic stuff I can add...
I found the file MaxUserCount.txt but it doesn't seem to affect anything and it's not being detected by ServerTool.exe
Tried changing the value in servertool but it doesn't seem to update or create any file and when restarted it's back to the default value (5000).

I'll see what I can do about the rest.

Edit: Updated UI, expect new functions soon : )

Edit2: Finally the big update! Look @ post#1 (need lots of testing)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice additions an looks like it all works fine on win7 i haven't tried any other os yet an unfortunately i currently don't have any custom maps yet so i cant properly test that feature maybe some one else can test that out an see if it works right
just wondering why the darth vaderish looking theme XD well the odd colour theme aside this is a great program with amazing features
Pr0boszcz you have done great with this :thumbup1:

[Edit:]
OS Tested On:

Windows XP: Not Tested Yet
Windows Vista: Not Tested Yet
Windows 7: Works Fine
Windows 8: Works Fine
Windows 10: Works Fine

Last edited:
Back