Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to Set-Up A Luna Online Server

Reaction score
Credits:

newmania (ServerFiles)
ljh1225da (LunaBinPacker)
Kreain

Server Setup

Step 1: Installing SQL
First start of by installing SQL2000 or 2005. If you don't know how, there are plenty of guides around, shouldn't be to hard to hard.

Creating Databases
Once that is complete, Open up Enterprise Manager. Keep clicking the + until you have connected.

You now need to create 3 Databases luna_logdb,lunagamedb00 & lunamember
Right click Databases > New Database then put in the Database name for each one.

Now you should have 3 new databases made, you now need to import the SQL Script file using Query Analyzer. Click on any database so it's highlighted (remember this database), then go to the Tools tab and click SQL Query Analyzer.
Now go Query Analyzer is open, go to File > Open and find your Luna Server Files, go into db folder were you will see the SQL script files for each Database. Open the script file for the database you highlighted, should now appear in the Analyzer, now near the top you should see a play button and a > button, click the play button first and once it's done click the > button.
Do this for all 3 databases!.

ODBC

Go to control panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).

Then System DSN tab. Click Add and scroll down to SQL Server and click finish. We need to do this 3 times now for each of the following luna_gamedb, luna_logdb, luna_memberdb.
Where it says Name, that is where you put the the database now and for server type (local) and click Next. Next window will appear, tick "With SQL Server authentication using login and password" now for login ID put "sa" (unless you have your own) and put in your SQL password then keep click Next until you have finished. Do this for all 3 Databases remember!.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Files Setup

First go into the dll folder and click Regbad.exe to register.

Now we need to hex edit AgentServer, DistributeServer,MapServer & RecoveryServer, so open these with the hex editor (UltraEdit) and search for GameSrv, you need to replace this with your SQL Login ID, there is about 2 you need to change, then search Luna and replace that with your SQL Password, there is also 2 you need to find, repeat this for each server gate.

Now go into Serverset > 0 > were you will see a file called Serverlist, this contains IP's, the current one in the folder is set to 127.0.0.1, if you want to change it then open it up with the MakeServerList.exe and copy it but change the IP to your Lan IP.

Once you have sorted the IP's you need to go back to your server gates and make a shortcut for MapServer.exe, rename the Shortcut to MapServer 2. and then right click it > Properties and add the 2 to the target like C:\luna\MapServer.exe 2.exe .

Now Create 3 copys of the MonitorServer.exe , this is for MAS,MS & RMTOOL, but you can still get it game without these so don't worry if you have trouble getting them to work.

Starting The Server

Start by opening MAS,MS & RMTOOL, if they fail to open then don't worry and move onto the next step. Now open AgentServer, DistributeServer then MapServer (The one you created with the shortcut) and if you have done it correctly it should say Server Connected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client

Like i said above, you must be using the Thai version for this.

Once you have downloaded the Thai client, run the launcher and patch it up to the latest.

By using LunaBinPacker, open up settings file in System Folder and change the IP to yours. Use the official launcher to login.

(Client step is not finished, Just not on my main PC to remember everything, will edit it when am back on it)

Now you should have a running server.

Creating account

Open up Enterprise Manager and go into lunamember DB > Tables > chr_log_info. Fill it in to create your account.

Use these server files:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/release-server-files-542756/

SQL 2005:

English Version (Client) :

LunaBinPacker:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Kinda stuck at the part after you hexed AgentServer, DistributeServer,MapServer & RecoveryServer
You dont need to change the IPs to test it local right ? coz it keeps failing at 127.0.0.1 you get a long list with Failed to connect at : 127.0.0.1

Can you explain that IP & Shortcut part some more because its kinda weird to add a 2.exe after the Mapserver.exe

Well thanks

Reaction score
Kinda stuck at the part after you hexed AgentServer, DistributeServer,MapServer & RecoveryServer
You dont need to change the IPs to test it local right ? coz it keeps failing at 127.0.0.1 you get a long list with Failed to connect at : 127.0.0.1

Can you explain that IP & Shortcut part some more because its kinda weird to add a 2.exe after the Mapserver.exe

Well thanks
When you hex the client, you can't replace or make anything to large or to small.

Are you sure you did everything right? I would start over, it took me a couple tries. Soon I will make a video tutorial for everyone.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why i put my userlevel to 4 it wont let me login. and i cant entrance other map....:(:

Reaction score
Wth..
After installing Microsoft SQL 2005
My computer cant boot up anymore.
It just keeps restarting itself
Try installing 2008.
bornofnoob93 said:
Why i put my userlevel to 4 it wont let me login. and i cant entrance other map....
I get the same problem. The server files are extremely buggy. If I could get a hold of the source, I could fix a lot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This game is useless without the source, with the source we can create a whole new MapServer which will run all maps, if you not got over 8GB ram then think twice before trying this.

Until something is solved i am not working on this or helping anyone with it so can the PM's stop please.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm just here for explains and give some tips and informations if u have leave message and share experience !

Well more down someone post about MS and GM tool + X:\LunaOnline\LUNAClient.exe anrgideoqkr

Well i'm gonna explain little bit more.... First of all '' anrgideoqkr '' is for the client dont use the launcher , so u need to make shortcut of luna and add this in end. '' anrgideoqkr ''

Well now lest go talk little bit about Tools for Luna , ATM we have 7 REAL tools for Luna Online , Me , Meti and Gaston have translate it.

Well this is little screenshot of theres tools !

CioNide - [Guide] How to Set-Up A Luna Online Server - RaGEZONE Forums

==============================================================
======= All tools have been Translate ========
======= By ========
Infranox, Meti And Gaston
======= ========
======= ========

Well this is little release and informations about Luna Online and Tools

HOW TO USE :

- Luna Map Launcher
- LunaIp
- Luna Pak Editor
- Luna GM's
- Luna PackingTool

Level User :

1: God
2 : Programer
3 : Developer
4 : GM
5 : SuperUser
6 : User
7 : SubUser

======= ========
======= ========
: Map Launcher Infos :
======= ========
======= ========

How to use Map-Launch :

Step 1 :

You need to put it in Root Folder lUNA SERVER , Open Map-Launch , Open the server normaly.

Step 2 :

When the server is running choice the map u want start in the Map-Launcher and press '' Start ''

Great now your can easy start MAP of Luna =D

======= ========
======= ========
: Luna-IP Infos :
======= ========
======= ========

Luna-ip is greats tools for easy HEX your client !

Run it , Select your client.exe Put your CheckSum and the IP in IP1-IP2

Press Savit , R​

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
whats the minimun configs to run the server?

how many ram uses it?
Thanks.
it needs at least 6 gigs of ram. wont run under 4 time being because of how each map is its own server window. other than that you dont need much to run this game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello...
can 2gig ram support the game?
solo player only...
well you can but u can only have one or 2 maps open at one time, with every map open it takes up around 5.5 gigs of ram (which i find kinda dum because L2 only needs 4 itself and has 5 times the graphics and details)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im running the client directly without the launcher. But even if i run it with launcher it still shows same notice message once i click the channel. Something about patch information.

Maybe im running the server wrong? AgentServer and Distribute server connects ( i think ) , i'll show u the some screenie of it. Also im running map server (19) . I think my problem is configuring the settings in the client.

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...e server files wernt set up properly maybe...

Reaction score
from what i read, you aren't suppose to use 127.0.0.1, but your network ip address, as it doesn't connect with 127.0.0.1 and i never had any luck with it connecting using 127.0.0.1,

so try your network ip address, i may be wrong, but as i said from what i read, can't use 127.0.0.1

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i got this error when i try to execute the agentserver.exe

help me plz

first register all dll needed
check on your server files there are a folder containing dll files.
Just click register and all done.

But i always fail when connecting my client to server what happen?
any1 can help me?

Thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
help me on this pls.....

i install sql 2005 standart edition and i dunno how to open SQL Query Analyzer. pls guide me as im posting a screen shot

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Use the New Query button then select the proper database.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Reaction score
Suggestions to people:
- Do not use thai client cause it's wrong version. Instead of thai use Moon Luna Online client (LunaClient_081203.exe)
- Do not even try to use english clients, client above is one that works without problems
- If you wanna get server files + client + video guides in one pack search for archive luna.rar on chinese forums. Size is about 620MB

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i cant download the

English Version (Client) :

LunaBinPacker:

Back