Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Item Model Making (Custom Items)

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not a clue why it would still be all white, you must have skipped a stepped o_O
and also, you should try to have the skin you try to graft onto the model in the same folder as the model.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hey can u tell me how to export it clearly becouse nothing realy works... at my place and friends pleace , thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, i wasnt very clear on texturing the items.

If your item is white:

Be sure the bitmap path to the texture is in the dropitem folder. If its in wrong folder, it appears to be white.

To export as smd:

Export as *.ase file (must be same name as item you replace) Delete old smd, and run the game. Game.exe converts it to smd.

When using multiple objects but they appear in different spots in the game:

You must set the pivots all to the same location. When you create seperate objects, but they are together in max, by default the new objects pivot is not the right position. The best way to do this is make a "Parent" model, usually this would be the handle or main peice of the item, set the pivot. After, when you add a seperate object, select it, and "attach" to the parent object. They will become one and share the same pivot. It will ask if you want to share the material IDs, do not alllow them to share or the newly attached object will change texture.

Post if you continue to have issues. Hope some of this helped.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide.
Our PT gonna have some sweet updates soon!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Very nice easy tutorial, thanks im looking forward to doing this lol

How would you do armor?

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You would have to wait for someone with the knowledge of that to post a guide (they do exist).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there a limit to how big the file can be?

cause when i export it it dosn't even show up

charachters and npc's just "disapear"

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
have possibility to editing existing itens

I know of two groups with properly working Importer/Exporter's for PT's texture files, but neither group will release their work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How would you hex them in?

I use hex editor in game.exe client of rPT and i find WP301, i think they just change the Halberd code to WP301 which is Golden Sickle i try it and i also modify some hex code in itwp301.smd and it works now i can summon and use Golden Sickle also in other custom items like frost scythe etc... you must hex edit both client and server exe files :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for some reason when i go in game and try to get the item i made ppl just vanish and i can't see it =S

i know i exported it properly... and i did andd a bmp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ive followed the guide but i cant see the item in game, its invicible :S

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I read the tut here so i decided to make my own weapon. everything looked nice on 3dmax...untill i went ingame.
heres the result:
When i wear it, its something i didnt even make, but on the floor its rlly my weapon. how do i fix this?
SiK - [Guide]Item Model Making (Custom Items) - RaGEZONE Forums

SiK - [Guide]Item Model Making (Custom Items) - RaGEZONE Forums

If u cant explain, but u know how to do it, could i send the .max file so u can edit it, then send it back to me? thanks in advance, greg.

i did everything right..

Last edited:
Back