Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ROW fixed server and client files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is release for Return of Warrior private server developement.
It still need some work but this release let you install and play ROW server easier.

Credits to:
------------------------
-MorbidA who fixed all server files, mssql database and unpacked ROW client.exe...and gave permission to release files here.
-Xavi2k4 who provided various client backup files.
-few others that was part of getting and releasing offical server files public.

This release contains:
------------------------
-ROW server files with fixed DBagent, Gameserver and DemonSetup.ini
-ROW fixed database (in MSSQL 2008 format)
-RYL2 V2240 Databases (in MSSQL 2005 format) that should work with ROW server also.
-9 different ROW client.exe versions
-7 different offical ROW scripts versions
-Full ROW client patch that works well with server files and has additional stuff made on them to try out.
-txt versions from client side scripts
-Unpacked ROW client.exe v1020
-ROW gm command list (originally released here by yoshi1337)
-ROW server setup and MSSQL 2008 database installation guides with pictures
-RylCoder with ROW 1020-> compatible keys

login.dat ip and all other ip settings are made to connect to 127.0.0.1 in default
version is set to 1022 in server and client and checksum is set to 0x00000001.
Copy DemonSetup.ini to your windows folder and you can edit setup with using SeverSetupDlg program in your row server folder.
ROW database has 5 game accounts ready.

known bugs:
------------------------
-upgrading works only with client.exe 1020 and below
-ride & transform works with client.exe 1022 and above

Download all from here:
------------------------

additional downloads:
------------------------
MSSQL2005 express:
MSSQL2008 express:

Some helpful links for ROW developement:
---------------------------------------------------
http://forum.ragezone.com/f283/release-rylcoder-2-7-0-a-415208/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f283/row-1021-xor-keys-455016/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f283/return-of-warrior-row-1-0-3-1-server-files-and-tools-458905/

MSSQL 2005/2008 Server configuration manager settings(taken from my working server):

SQL Server network protocols -> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS:
-Shared memory = Enabled
-Named Pipes = Disabled
-TCP/IP = Enabled
-VIA = Disabled

TCP/IP properties (IP address tab):
Active YES
Enabled YES
IP Address 127.0.0.1
TCP port 1433

SQL native client configuration -> Client protocols:
-Shared memory = Enabled
-Named Pipes = Enabled
-TCP/IP = Enabled
-VIA = Disabled

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All that time tryin to figure out the demon T_T. Anyways nice release.

was figured out longggggggggggg time ago, no one shared it tho

guess I still wonder why now was picked to share it?
If your gonna share it then share it, if your gonna horde it then horde it. Why wait 2 months then share it :p

hopefully people have better luck with the unpacked clients then I did, they seem to still send really fucked auth data for me

Good work to everyone who was involved with making this all happen, was really a pretty big joint effort between a lot of people to get all this work done

Nice Refine rate on that DemonSetup.... I'd like to play on that server

/edit/
I have a bigger collection of official clients and client patches if anyone needs too, he posted a pretty good set which covers all the major versions so I doubt anyone would need mine

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sweet release Arpakuutio.
Thanks !!

One question though...
HOW can we make upgrading, riding and transformation work on the same server?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you can find sql2000 databases for ryl2 224x then it shouldnt be problem...or try out 2008 instead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
max gm level is 3 but i also used 5 first time since that is max in ryl1 atleast
admintool i havent tried myself so dunno about it..

client patch was used in my public row test server so i created there new mounts and transforms to mess around with them...they work with 1024 best but also works with 1022 client...but imo 1020 is best version to use with server files.

statue wars zone 16 was tested but it has bugs....sometimes only gave star but most of time not.
guild wars i didnt get work but i didnt spent much time for that anyway.

little bit work and you may get well working game.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im useing 2240 that was released here not along time ago. Considering I don't feel like downloading 2005 / 2008. Also, once I get these DBs fully functioning on MSSQL 2000 I don't mind releaseing them. For some reason teleporting to Zone 12 (Almighty) and Zone 16 (Battle Grounds) seem to be bugged as well. Don't know if it's DB sided but i'll check it out and give the results.
AdminTool is new and I've translated most of the parts beside the new ones. I'll be working on that and I'll release it if anyone wants it as well.
Overall release is descent and nice +10 for Arpakuutio & morb and everyone else who was involed into this.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I changed the "rylCoder_hack.cfg" to the ROW encryption keys and doesn't manage to work. But, Im going to keep messing around with this as well.

Edit2:
Ugh another one I forgot to mention. The table "tblcurrentuser" in "pay_gamemyth" seems to be bugged somehow in MSSQL 2000 w/ default 2240 dbs and doesn't seem to log when someone logs out.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
we can add them in first post if you get something fixed....teleporting should work ok i didnt have problems with it but i only used those row fixed dbs to run server.
when i used unfixed offical db i couldnt tp to any zone at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sweet release Arpakuutio.
Thanks !!

One question though...
HOW can we make upgrading, riding and transformation work on the same server?

you can have one or the other

or both if you know how to do a lot of ASM editing/packet manipulation

it may not be just the upgrading that is broken fyi

MorbidA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
max lvl is 60 and yes you can ofcourse change it. xp table works up till lvl 100.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sorry to ask a question,i am using x32 system,can i use sql 2008 express x86 or x64?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah you can. But, Im currently having problems with it. Saying "Keeper DB" (pay_gamemyth) isn't connecting meanwhile when I used 2000 it was all fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry to ask a question,i am using x32 system,can i use sql 2008 express x86 or x64?

x86 = 32bit
x64 = 64bit

And about those dbs...those 2008 backups were taken from live test server after it was tested to work during 2 weeks online period so they could work best but you need to use exactly same name in some of those dbs that you see backups named to...so its better to name all your dbs same name as backup names.
I think my teleporting problem in beginning was caused by wrong db names that didnt match to stored procedures.
Youxiuser i took from ryl2 db because it was easier to set account creation page for it.

I added SQL server configuration settings for 2005/2008 in main post if some ppl have problem to get it connect.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i understand now thank you all.there is a common problem with my sql server,when server files connect to it,they give me this message:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]
it is believed that this problem is related the the name,but i don't know what name it is mean to

MorbidA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i understand now thank you all.there is a common problem with my sql server,when server files connect to it,they give me this message:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]
it is believed that this problem is related the the name,but i don't know what name it is mean to

You prolly have it setup to use direct sql connections but you're trying to use ODBC. Either change ryl to use ODBC & then put in ODBC info in setup or set it to use direct connections and then setup ip info in setup.

Also make sure you have TCP/IP connections allowed on your sql server. Oh yeah and you can get this sometimes if you're using ODBC but you're only calling the instance name and not the whole server name. like "ServerName\MSSQL_InstanceName"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have can make this server work, the services start to crash and this is wath say in log file.

Ty-ERR][Tm-2008-11-05 22:24:15][Ex-DB Connect failed : [163:0x80004005] [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server inexistente ou acesso negado. [M:IDBInitialize::Initialize]][Rt-CDBComponent::Connect][FN-.\Db\DBComponent.cpp][LN-53]
[Ty-ERR][Tm-2008-11-05 22:24:15][Ex-

MorbidA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wasn't specifically related to ODBC alone. You have a custom language windows so i can't read excactly what the error is saying, but it looks like no access or doesn't exist. Which means there is either no connection to the db or the account you are using is denied access. Check permissions on the account you are using to connect and check there is a connection to the db.. simple.

I really wish we could talk more about development and less about connecting to a database that are so basic and everyone should really know how to operate a mssql database..

Back