Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maplestory Vana

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"All games eventually close their servers regardless of whether online play is the primary source of income or not. When that occurs, the game's contribution to culture is effectively lost..."

And so were the words I read in the document that came the Vana Master folder. Sobering words that matched my sentiments exactly. 2 years ago I was looking for a way to recreate the experience I had as a teenager with Maplestory. Private servers were on the market for such an experience, but the thought of being at the whim of another individual didn't sit right with me. I wanted my character data to last and be safe. I particularly enjoyed version 75 and so I set out to create it. I had zero knowledge in the aspects of programming but I considered it all a learning experience. I was told in passing by Fraysa that an excellent way to get started would be to use Vana and start picking up C++. He mentioned that I should ask retep998 or LazyBui for help if I run into trouble. This I considered, but was more tempted with the lower hanging fruit via some old guides that evidently used the OdinTeh source to set up a server. So, instead of following the advice of Fraysa, I chose the latter path and began to get to work.

It was a messy experience, but I finally got it to work, only to soon after drop the project as the waves of life washed over me.
Recently however, life has calmed down. And my thoughts have returned to Maplestory. And in turn, my thoughts have returned to finally establishing a private server of my own.

The past week I have retraced the steps I took in the past. Again, it was a messy experience, but to my grand delight just a couple of days ago I finally logged into the server. It was a delight to run around on Maple Island and explore Victoria in my very own server. It made the hours of work worth it. I dare say it was even an addicting experience! However, as I went through some the game, I couldn't help but notice portions of it were missing. In particular the quests. This was a clear indication that more work needed to be done. Which I'm willing to do. But, before I jump in, I wanted to see if there was something that was more complete. It would lesson the work I had to do. And that is when I came across the post from Fraysa again.

He mentioned Vana, and exploring the information on it, it seems like a good choice for me to set up. My friends were rather dismayed when I told them that they will have to wait a little more time for us to get on and start playing together, but I figure this is worth it.

So I started to follow the guide on how to get it set up. It can be found

MariaDB I skipped because the download links on that site were not working, but using MariaDB didn't seem necessary anyway. I think I can use MySQL and be just fine, at least for the time being.

In addition, I also installed the "LazurBeemz" library pack. (Though, I'm still a little confused on exactly what it is or does.)

And then we got to step 6. One simple sentence: Download and run the queries from MCDB 4.3 for .75. It seems simple, but it has left me with some frustration. I open up the MySQL Query browser. I go to file, open script, and I then open the MCDB script. I then execute. (I'm assuming that's what "running the queries" is). And I'm left with errors. In particular a syntax error that I just cannot figure out.

hjbJiBs - Maplestory Vana - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:
insert  into `block_chat_reason_data`(`id`,`reason`,`message`) values (1,'Foul Language','Foul language/Harrassment'),(2,'Advertising','Advertising websites'),(3,'Hack','Fake GM'),(4,'Account Trading','Trading or selling account'),(5,'Trading','Do not report fame scams and trade scams. '),(6,'Penalty Alert','The reporter\''s conversation is also subject to penalties.');

My only guess was the double apostrophe after The Reporter\. So, I deleted one of them so it looks like: reporter\'s

But now... I get the following error. Still line 28.
NY7vI19 - Maplestory Vana - RaGEZONE Forums

I just cannot figure it out. I played around with the syntax a tad, but honestly I have no clue. I was wondering if you could maybe help me through this process?
Any help you give it very much so appreciated.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Progress So Far...

As a slight update, I finally got it working. It seems that MySQL Query browser is too old to use for this. I used the latest release of MariaDB and everything worked like a charm.

I am having some further problems if anyone could help.

I’m having trouble building the Vana solution. When I build it in Visual Studio, I encounter 3 errors. The login, channel, and world server cannot open “libmysql.lib”.

It’s not telling me why it cannot open it, it just says that it can’t open it. It’s not giving me any location, or much clues as to what exactly I should do. I found “libmysql.lib” within the MySQL server community 8 folder and I put the file within the SQL folder in the “LazurBeemz” directory, but got the same error.

I then tried putting it into the MySQL server 5.0 folder because that’s where I pointed the “LazurBeemz” pack to, unfortunately I got the same exact errors. Honestly I have no idea where exactly I should put it or why I’m getting these errors. It’s beyond me. I checked the specifics of the error code (LNK1104), and it has a PLETHORA of possibilities. The main thing I need to know is WHERE should this file go?

Any Thoughts?

85S0Ot - Maplestory Vana - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
It was a very pleasure to read your post and journey, my friend. Glad to see you're still on track!

As for your errors - LNK1104 is a linker error. There can be a lot of causes for this error, I suggest googling it or asking for advice on StackOverflow.

Feel free to ask for help from Bui or Peter if they're free!

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was a very pleasure to read your post and journey, my friend. Glad to see you're still on track!

As for your errors - LNK1104 is a linker error. There can be a lot of causes for this error, I suggest googling it or asking for advice on StackOverflow.

Feel free to ask for help from Bui or Peter if they're free!

Good luck.
Hey!

It's great to hear from you again. Will do! I assume this is going to take some fiddling to figure out. I contacted Peter (Reptep?) prior to this but I never recieved a reply for weeks. So I figure he's pretty inactive now. I just messaged LazyBui, though I'm not sure if I will get a response because it says his last activity was 2 years ago. I'm not sure if you know a better way to contact them, but if you do just let me know!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hey!

It's great to hear from you again. Will do! I assume this is going to take some fiddling to figure out. I contacted Peter (Reptep?) prior to this but I never recieved a reply for weeks. So I figure he's pretty inactive now. I just messaged LazyBui, though I'm not sure if I will get a response because it says his last activity was 2 years ago. I'm not sure if you know a better way to contact them, but if you do just let me know!

Thanks!

You should probably use Discord to contact them, they're more likely to be active there.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably need to put libmysql.lib inside each of the server folders, also libmysql.dll I think.

Upvote 0
Back