Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quest

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi/Hello,

I'm using development source v117.2 and I'm not quiet familiar to any files in maplestory. Anyone let me know which files should I fix for quest ? I think all the quest in development/ascension is not working.

Thanks,
Yvan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tried some quests in-game and some people here said that the quest of development v117.2 have a not working quest. I want to fix it but I don't know where.

Greetings,
Yvan

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Then if that's the quest..either code it yourself or rip if from other sources that has the quest script for it..

Upvote 0
Moongran
Reaction score
This has been answered multiple times in this forum, use search.
Basically some quests are client sided which should work and you shouldn't touch and some must be scripted. Scripts are located at scripts/quest folder and are divided into start and end. For further info use search

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I still can't figure it out. You mean all quest in client side are fine nothing to change? but If i'm going to do custom quest I need to edit the quest in client side , right? so my problem is in script/quest folder? but how can I know that this quest is this in scripts/quest folder?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The issue in development source is a packet issue iirc. Does any of your quest work or none? If none, it's obviously not an issue with scripted quests. Compare the opcodes and quest related packets to some other v117 with working quests.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I'm not so familiar in development of maplestory so I can't understand much of some of what you've said. What do you mean by iirc? And I think all of the quest are not working ( I think ). What do you also mean with opcodes? and btw, I'm not quiet familiar with packets :(

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well I'm not so familiar in development of maplestory so I can't understand much of some of what you've said. What do you mean by iirc? And I think all of the quest are not working ( I think ). What do you also mean with opcodes? and btw, I'm not quiet familiar with packets :(
iirc is an acronym = if i recall correctly. Well, opcodes are sent between the server and the client in packets to identify the purpose/functionality of the packet. If the opcode is incorrect, the packet sent to the client couldn't possibly serve it's purpose, but since the sendop for quests is a fairly common one (SHOW_STATUS_INFO) it's unlikely that the sendop is incorrect. It's more likely that one of the packets related to quests are outdated. If you compare the structure of packets related to quests (you can usually find these just by searching for 'quest' in the sources packet creator until you find something relevant) with those of another source that you know to have working quests, when you find any difference just compare the two and correct them in your source.

Upvote 0
Back