• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Request] Example of Using IDA

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been getting into IDA recently, and have read up on a few guides on RZ, as well as general memory disassembly.

I've gotten to a point where I have the v95 PDB-leak file loaded on the left in one IDA window, and my dumped v83 client on the right.

I'd like to make some changes to my server but am a bit lost at ... how to proceed. The leaked version obviously has all the functions named, but how does one go about finding the names in their own dumped client when everything is labeled sub_XXXX, and the v95 client most definitely doesn't have the same addresses? Here's what I'm looking at now:
JTzlUIr - [Request] Example of Using IDA - RaGEZONE Forums

Let's say for example, I wanted see the packet being sent for Monster Magnet (since it causes DC if used on bosses). How can I pin-point this exactly? Another example is if I wanted to remove the "charge" from certain skills like Big Bang/Piercing Arrow, what would be the steps to tackle that?

Here to learn so would appreciate any feedback so that I can begin giving back to the community.

Best,
Zain

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back