Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Skill.wz & Damage Hacker

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the best way to handle a .wz issue? Especially skill.wz, I know we can create a launcher and everything, but, is it possible to check this in source, in older sources mainly? I came looking at various sources, and I realized that few people care.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is largely dependent on what they're changing in skill.wz. In regards to skill.wz edits alone, you can do a lot of server sided checks parsing the values in your clean wz files and checking for inconsistencies. However, modifying wz files are not the only way to damage hack, so you'll require more than just skill checks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is largely dependent on what they're changing in skill.wz. In regards to skill.wz edits alone, you can do a lot of server sided checks parsing the values in your clean wz files and checking for inconsistencies. However, modifying wz files are not the only way to damage hack, so you'll require more than just skill checks.

They change skill damage as their skill level, thus giving a more powerful attack. Can you tell me if the server manages to know what level of skill the player is sending me?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Typically, the skill level is sent in a packet and handled, stored in an AttackInfo object via the parseDamage method in your source. You may perform checks here as to what the damage multiplier should be and whether or not they are sending their legitimate skill level here.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Typically, the skill level is sent in a packet and handled, stored in an AttackInfo object via the parseDamage method in your source. You may perform checks here as to what the damage multiplier should be and whether or not they are sending their legitimate skill level here.

All right, study more on the part of my source, thank you!

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score

If theyre damage hacking or line hacking, you can run a calculation to check a range for their potential damage based on their range. If it goes higher than the calculated value (i recommend raising it a little), then ban them. This can be done through having the server check the wz file in your source(which should have the true value of the dmg that should be dealt.)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If theyre damage hacking or line hacking, you can run a calculation to check a range for their potential damage based on their range. If it goes higher than the calculated value (i recommend raising it a little), then ban them. This can be done through having the server check the wz file in your source(which should have the true value of the dmg that should be dealt.)

There is no need to raise it if your damage calculation is accurate. If players do 1 above the seeded damage they're hacking. (But it's probably best to raise if you aren't confident)

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
There is no need to raise it if your damage calculation is accurate. If players do 1 above the seeded damage they're hacking. (But it's probably best to raise if you aren't confident)

There are a lot of factors outside of buffs and party buffs that could effect your damage. Thats the reason behind it.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you want to learn something new in IT and security, I can recommend this company . I often had problems with my internet security because I am a pretty social person. That's why I was permanently blocked, or hackers stole my accounts. I then decided to take all this seriously and turned to the above company, who saved my bills and taught me more things that would be useful in the future not to call and make my life easier. In principle, it is already your choice, but here you can find everything in a place to look for and waste time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I suggest you to do Zydee's option, if you have a problem with any formula let me know and tell me which version are you using :):

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back