Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SQL columns & server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'd like to find out , is it possible to have more columns in the sql when it's not coded in the source ? For instance , default columns needed for the source is 10 and I added 1 more for the lulz will it still work ? Same for tables. So basically if I have what's needed already and adding extra for nothing will it cause any error towards launching / gameplay ?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'd like to find out , is it possible to have more columns in the sql when it's not coded in the source ? For instance , default columns needed for the source is 10 and I added 1 more for the lulz will it still work ? Same for tables. So basically if I have what's needed already and adding extra for nothing will it cause any error towards launching / gameplay ?

It's of course possible to edit your tables, if not how would you ever add anything that has to be saved?
Basically the tables in your database needs to match how your source reads them. Like if your source requires a colum 'vpoints' in the 'accounts' table, your server will have an error if you are missing that column. The other way around, if you just add a table 'vpoints', no errors will probably happen but you need to edit how the source reads from that table (if you'd actually want to use 'vpoints').

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: SQL columns & server

Any idea what's the cause of character walking non-stop after 2nd password & char creating stucks at clicking OK ?
I'm on version 117.2. (Possible reasons to cause this ?)

@chunkarama , hey. I'm using your source (custom sql) , any idea where I went wrong that made my char kept walking after PIC + creating char stucks at OK button

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Any idea what's the cause of character walking non-stop after 2nd password & char creating stucks at clicking OK ?

@chunkarama , hey. I'm using your source (custom sql) , any idea where I went wrong that made my char kept walking after PIC + creating char stucks at OK button

It's probably having trouble loading the character. Is there any errors on batch?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

printStackTrace the SQL Exception in loadCharFromDB and saveToDB. You're either missing a column or a column's value is out of range.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made printStackTrace and got the issue fixed for char creation but it seems like when I try to load my old characters they aren't working , only newly created ones will work.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made printStackTrace and got the issue fixed for char creation but it seems like when I try to load my old characters they aren't working , only newly created ones will work.

Are you properly catching exceptions in loadCharFromDB properly? When you load your character's that's the first thing that gets called. You may have an invalid value on one of your old characters or you've changed something that has caused it to malfunction.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I triple checked if my values and everything in character table matches the acsension SQL you provide seems like it's the same , any other places to check ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes , all the rows / columns matches, same for values.

I compared my imported character & newly created character in-terms of it's columns & values e.t.c , nothing seems wrong , I even did a item wipe thinking that it was item's issue but no it wasn't. Any help ? :) Realllyyy appreciate it , been trying to mess around this sql issue for days now.

-Tested , i changed all the values 100% same as the working char yet the imported char doesn't work , does this mean it's broken somewhere else ?

Bump~

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which table is updated when character is created ? I made a character manually from sql following exactly the same values as the working character but the manually made one still doesn't work. I feel that some other table is still not updated but I'm unsure of where.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Which table is updated when character is created ? I made a character manually from sql following exactly the same values as the working character but the manually made one still doesn't work. I feel that some other table is still not updated but I'm unsure of where.

if you didn't edit anything and just use my sql and src, setup property files, and then compile, you should have no issues.. i suggest trying that rather than manually editing SQL columns as it seems that's not working

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

printStackTrace the SQL Exception in loadCharFromDB and saveToDB. You're either missing a column or a column's value is out of range.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 month issue finally figured out! (yeah, I'm a noob for that)

Upvote 0
Back