Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SwordieMS][v176] No monster / NPC upon connected localhost client.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have manage to setup the game using SwordieMS v176, but upon entering the game, I cant find any NPC or monster.

Anyone have any clues? I am not sure what happened that causing it.
Failure to dump wz file using WZFile Dumper? Unable to generate .wz or .dat file?
I am not sure where to check or debug, any hint for me to go through to check which part gone wrong? Currently I have no idea which part I did wrongly.

By the way, when I attempt the summon a snail, the client forcibly closed too.

Any help would be appreciated, first time startup a localhost.
Been ages since the last time I play maplestory :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After you've first generated the dat files, you'll have to restart the server once before npcs/mobs spawn. If that doesn't fix it, try deleting equips.dat and starting the server again. That will regenerate everything again, so you can check if there's any errors that pop up.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After you've first generated the dat files, you'll have to restart the server once before npcs/mobs spawn. If that doesn't fix it, try deleting equips.dat and starting the server again. That will regenerate everything again, so you can check if there's any errors that pop up.
odd, i tried to remove the equip.dat and restart, waiting it regenerate the equip.dat, when into the game, seem same result.
any possible thing that was wrong? or is there any reason for equip.dat generated wrongly? or any other thing i should check?

Upvote 0
Back