Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

View All Characters UI window

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, so I press the View All Characters button and the UI shows up after a while of it loading (which is a bad sign considering MapleRoyals' loads instantly)

So I'm thinking that most likely a packet needs to be sent to the client when the server receives the "VACFlagSet" packet, I can't get my hands on an IDA version that's compatible with the IDB lib thread and tbh im trying to stay away from it.

Anyways, after the UI window finishes loading u can see the characters but when u try to pick one to get into the game, the button doesn't do anything, doesn't send me a packet and shows no feedback in-game.

I've checked every public repack/source I've managed to find here and none of them do any different than me, the packet structures are the exact same, I've checked too many times.

Also seems like no one sends anything when the VACFlagSet packet is received, so I guess no one gave a duck about that system or maybe its a client bug?

The version is 83.1 and I'm writing my own source.

Any help pls?

Staff member
Reaction score
This was also broken on our emulator (also Odin based), and we had the same 'taking forever' load issue. However, we fixed this as early as 2015, so I don't remember anymore what we had to do to fix it. I think it was something about those emulators loading the database/characters very incorrectly, like keep cycling through the DB which makes it taking forever, but I really don't know anymore. The rest worked fine though...

Src: XiuzSource

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm writing mine from scratch in C#, I just looked through XiuzSource, the packets seem to be the same and it doesn't seem like the VACFlag packet is being handled there, same as the other repacks I've looked at.

I just timed my handler for ViewAllCharacters and it sends out everything the client needs in 0.5s, and in-game the UI itself loads after roughly 10s.

EDIT: the release date is 2010, I didn't even check it.. do u have a more recent link for me? I can't find a later version. (I found a repack called Vintage from 2016 but it's the same case there)

EDIT 2: seems like the loading for 10s issue was because I didn't send a NoCharacters (4) packet after sending the world characters. I just found that out by playing around with the packets a bit more lmao. (their timeout for server response on that is roughly 10s, interesting)

EDIT 3: apparently in the count packet, the first integer is the amount of worlds and the second is just the amount of characters in general, the timeout happened because I had a different value there (same as odinms, more than 1) and it kept on waiting for more world characters to be sent from the server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no newer revision. Our emulator (server MapleLegends) is just using that old of a base we had to refactor piece by piece T T. Glad you figured it out though! Seems it indeed (somewhat) had to do with the thing keep trying and trying for stuff, that's only what I somewhat remember from it. Sorry we fixed this over 6 years ago

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Bit of a bump, but for all who cares, it turns out the World ID is actually a big factor in this whole situation, seems like Bera world ID is fucked with this system, it works perfectly with Scania but not Bera.

Nice one Nexon.

Upvote 0
Back