Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

C# : help for check version app

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to write an app. It called launch.exe. I want to write a method for check version with that app. Description : when I open that launch.exe , It will check the version from the Version file in current location of that launch. It will compare the version file from ftp server with the version file I had in that current location like I said. If you guys have any code or document about that please help me. Thanks alot!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome buddy :) , just a tip : lambda + LINQ c# .. will be good for a start :) Goodluck.
Can you help me a bit more. I want to save the file I have downloaded to current drive. I don't want to save file like the code below

File.WriteAllText("D:\\55_SEPA_30-04-2017.xml", strXMLGenerate); --- not like that

Like I put my app in a folder in D drive, and then , I want to save files right that folder. How can I do that with code. Do you have any tips for me to do that?

Reaction score
Can you help me a bit more. I want to save the file I have downloaded to current drive. I don't want to save file like the code below

File.WriteAllText("D:\\55_SEPA_30-04-2017.xml", strXMLGenerate); --- not like that

Like I put my app in a folder in D drive, and then , I want to save files right that folder. How can I do that with code. Do you have any tips for me to do that?

Yes you can do that here's some tip and example:

firstly,
add this using System.IO; at the top .
then call some built-in functions like
Directory.Exists,
Directory.CreateDirectory...
And then the
HERE'S SOME CODE
PHP:
string root = @"D:\Temp";  <--- the folder name
if (!Directory.Exists(root)) {Directory.CreateDirectory(root);  }
//else if Exists saves the files of you're app on that directory.
File.WriteAllText(root + "\\"+Filename+".xml", strXMLGenerate);
Ref :
if you want some actions use Delegates Combo it with IEnumerable then a foreach statements
REF:
Add this :

Last edited:
Back