Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

News about Travian private servers: Legal and Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Yo what is up boys and girls?

So what im going to talk in this thread is that Travian allows to have only fan projects :ehh:, you can't compete games like promote one travian server with another or they will send the domain to the legal data center and they will do some crappy things.

Here's a quote from Travian Games:
Hello Larry ,

thank you for your email.

Our graphics are copyrighted material. They belong to Travian Games, and one must have explicit permission to use them for their own means. We allow our players to use our graphics for fan projects, but definitely NOT for competing games, that even use our name to promote themselves. Especially not if you make money out of that.

Kind regards,
(not for public)

Customer Service - Team Management

--
Travian Games GmbH
Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Straße 22
80807 München
Germany

CEO: Siegfried Müller

Registration court: Munich district court
Business license number: HRB 173511

Tax ID number: DE 246258085

This email and its attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the attention of the person to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, please delete it including its
attachments immediately and inform us accordingly.

So that means DO NOT PROMOTE YOUR SERVER AS THE BEST AND DONT COMPETE WITH TRAVIAN.

If you read close:
but definitely NOT for competing games, that even use our name to promote themselves. Especially not if you make money out of that.
You will understand what i mean.

Plus you must ask premission to use the graphics, quote from Travian message:
must have explicit permission to use them

Then you understand everything.

Trust me, after they report to the legal data center it will be hell. I already have problems.
Please be careful.

Regards,
- InCube

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey belong to Travian Games, and one must have explicit permission to use them for their own means. We allow our players to use our graphics for fan projects, but definitely NOT for competing games, that even use our name to promote themselves. Especially not if you make money out of that.
this means you can not use any of there gfx,css,html and or tradmarks in any game at all and all games are competitors in travian eyes.
this is regardless weather or not you advertise it or not if you use anything of theres its illegal and you can get in trouble. the use of fan boy sites is more for forums calulators ect ect they even list but a fan site also mean just that a fan site not a fan game get it.

the only way to legally run a game like travian is this.
CHANGE NAME
CHANGE ALL GFX,CSS,HTML BASICALLY REDESIGN IT ALL
DON'T USE ANYTHING TRAVIAN SPECIFIC SO GAME WOULD HAVE ITS OWN UNIQUE FEEL(this mean change names of resources building give or is same say like barracks as many games can share this name re word the description. abd new feaatures as well for good mesure)
doing the above will keep you safe from travian games legal department as there are games like travian but redisigned to be unique and they dont get sued.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@nmilichev
I think you can but only as donation i think you cant sell for example gold to players

@advocaite
You forgot your server name cant contain the word Travian

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
@nmilichev
I think you can but only as donation i think you cant sell for example gold to players

@advocaite
You forgot your server name cant contain the word Travian

You can use it until its a fan project.

Quote from the message:
We allow our players to use our graphics for fan projects, but definitely NOT for competing games
It's like dont put best server best of all bla bla and all that poop stuff, because travian will surely take down the project or even worse sue you.

Reaction score
incube stop before you make your self look bad
in no way will any travian clone server would it ever be classed in travian's eyes as a fan project instead it will always be a competing game
no server using there gfx name anything will ever be accepted as fan project stop kidding your self bro.
ever server is illegal period if they follow your logic

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
incube stop before you make your self look bad
in no way will any travian clone server would it ever be classed in travian's eyes as a fan project instead it will always be a competing game
no server using there gfx name anything will ever be accepted as fan project stop kidding your self bro.
ever server is illegal period if they follow your logic
Are you mad bro? :O:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this sucks. Can i ask, exactly what trouble are you in? Are you actually being sued or at they just trying to shut you down? Maybe you can use cpanel to password protect your server so its hidden from travian and search engines, and once a new server starts, you just email the password to all former players that have done at least 1 server (i realise that this is not the best idea, but its all i have right now)

We allow our players to use our graphics for fan projects,
-> they are referring to something completely different. about 2 1/2 years back they released a gay travian fansite policy, that can be googled if you want to read it. But basically, only gives permission to people who run crappy blogs / forums etc that they can use name and graphics only if there are no ads in place. It took almost a year, before Agges, (one of the main ceo there) finally decided that they wont sue players, who use free forum platform. (wow, thats really nice that they decided for that) -> but they literally had no idea that some people use free hosts with forced ads, and they were really convinced that their players who ran alliance forums, were making millions from ads (ie promote the forum in game to alliance members, and make money like that) whereas in reality, its just players using a free to use forum and they cant afford ad removal...

The people that run travian are absolute nutters sometimes.

Regarding the graphics, there are already graphics packs around that are not owned by travian, but they are designed and have a similar feel to travian. I even have graphics work done for 3 new taskmasters, its not that hard to come up with something unique, that still has a familiar feeling to the whole theme of romans, barbarians and gauls.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Message from Official Travian Games to my email:

Hello InCube X,

Again, you are not allowed to make a copy of Travian, definitely not while using Travian's graphics. I'm sorry, I don't know how much clearer than that I can be.
All I want to say: Get a life Travian copyrights, you make me sick.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do they send you that by e-mail or what???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol i didnt see the 1st post saying "thank you for your email"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I live in Iran, and we don't have copyright rules over here , so does that mean I can use the script of travian games on my local server?
(assuming I can get my hands on the original script somehow!)

Reaction score
I live in Iran, and we don't have copyright rules over here , so does that mean I can use the script of travian games on my local server?
(assuming I can get my hands on the original script somehow!)

You can do what ever you want on your local server.

Btw this copyright rules don't allow you to use the travian name and the travian graphic.
and assuming you can get the original script somehow. Then you will be 100% sued from travian.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can do what ever you want on your local server.

Btw this copyright rules don't allow you to use the travian name and the travian graphic.
and assuming you can get the original script somehow. Then you will be 100% sued from travian.

will they be able to get me arrested in my home country if they sue me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If they sue you, Then Yes.
Btw how you will get the original script ?
oh! so it doesn't worth it.
I can't, it was just an assumption. I was just wondering that if the original leaked out somehow, can anyone use it without any repercussions or not.

btw, I really need to talk to you about a script that I have...
can you add me on skype or share your skype ID with me?
mine is : Mr.Linorth

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if your in iran, I am pretty sure that they cant touch you...
But you might need to be careful on things such as which domain name you purchase as different TLD's have different rules. (i believe a .com can be respossed legally if us copyright law is breached, but TG is germany based so might not apply, but as travian owns .us that means they might have a legal presence in the us and might allow them to do it in a way that your domain is repossed. (i believe this happened with tv links - a search engine site that linked to other sites that breach copyright law.)

Mind you, If Travian games would actually listen to their paying players, all their players wouldn't actively be switching from them to different various travian clone.

Has anyone seen the real T4.2?, makes me wanna vomit... no real player can stomach it, and thats why we all need travian clone(s) to stay alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back