Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ask me anything regarding Aion Development

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@StingerOne can you take a look?

when I use the scroll it's cooling down the time on the instance but when you enter intacia again the spawn didn't update all mobes and the boss is still dead. this for all instances. Another problem that I come across is that since I use scrol to cool down the time of instances all scrol that has the same function in all intacia cannot be used.

I think you missed the point of this thread.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can we make a new npc with our code and build it to the engine source, so we can have our new npc for something like event or something like that xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Would it be possible to implement the improved graphics and new char creation from 5.x+ patches to older patches?
StingerOne - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem! ! Try to check the source code, but can't find out what the problem is! ! ! If you know, please tell me, thank you very much.

2022-02-12 21:42:02,659 WARN [PacketProcessor:1] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 2 npcId: 10786 player: 1293082022-02-12 21:43:07,604 WARN [PacketProcessor:3] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 3 npcId: 10800 player: 1293082022-02-12 21:43:24,404 WARN [PacketProcessor:0] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 3 npcId: 10802 player: 129308

DropService only has warnings! ! ! But he keeps taking up memory! ! !

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
can we make a new npc with our code and build it to the engine source, so we can have our new npc for something like event or something like that xD

it's possible, although a little complicated. That's beyond the scope of this forum post.

Hey,

Would it be possible to implement the improved graphics and new char creation from 5.x+ patches to older patches?

Typically not, if you want older character creation, you go down to an older version of the client. Unless you understand how the client works and can hack something together, I haven't tried it.

In regards to the friend list question, check the packets and debug by printing things to the prompt, cross checking other emulators packets for differences etc.. without the source code and seeing it to debug, I can't really help.

Hello, I have a problem! ! Try to check the source code, but can't find out what the problem is! ! ! If you know, please tell me, thank you very much.

2022-02-12 21:42:02,659 WARN [PacketProcessor:1] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 2 npcId: 10786 player: 1293082022-02-12 21:43:07,604 WARN [PacketProcessor:3] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 3 npcId: 10800 player: 1293082022-02-12 21:43:24,404 WARN [PacketProcessor:0] com.aionemu.gameserver.services.drop.DropService [DropService.java:336] Null requested index itemIndex: 3 npcId: 10802 player: 129308

DropService only has warnings! ! ! But he keeps taking up memory! ! !

That's just warnings, check the code at line 336 and everything before it in the function. memory issues are hard to diagnose so you'll just need to do some digging and follow the trail.

98xMjmN - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Typically not, if you want older character creation, you go down to an older version of the client. Unless you understand how the client works and can hack something together, I haven't tried it.

In regards to the friend list question, check the packets and debug by printing things to the prompt, cross checking other emulators packets for differences etc.. without the source code and seeing it to debug, I can't really help.

Well I did check the server packet files and I tried to log the friend's list, the server was feeding in the correct names. However, it wasn't being read correctly and I thought this issue was due to the fact that my server and game files are different versions but they match.
I attached copies of my src code for server and client packets. I would greatly appreciate it if you can have a look and let me know if you spot anything alarming because I couldn't.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well I did check the server packet files and I tried to log the friend's list, the server was feeding in the correct names. However, it wasn't being read correctly and I thought this issue was due to the fact that my server and game files are different versions but they match.
I attached copies of my src code for server and client packets. I would greatly appreciate it if you can have a look and let me know if you spot anything alarming because I couldn't.

Thank you :)

Clientpackets:
Serverpackets:

There is a big chance the packets you're using are for another version of the game, hence why you're having issues adding or messaging another player on your friends list. I'm going to take a guess and say the packets you're sending to the client are malformed and aren't correct. I have an emulator here that I can test with to maybe give some pointers on what could be changed by replicating the packets you have, but I need to know a few things first.

1) What game version are you running? You can check this in the client directory, it's called version.ini or something.
2) What emulator are you using?
3) What version is the emulator built for?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Stinger,

So I don't exactly have a version.ini file but here is how I set it up so I used the downgrade 4.7 client files from the link below and for the emulator I used Gigatroon's emulator linked below as well. This may sound confusing but as I tested it more here is what I found out, it seems that the first friend I add is good and looks just fine in the friends list but if I try to add more than one friend that's when it gets all jumbled up. So the first friend's name, level looks fine but the rest look all crazy and the data is jumbled up.

I wouldn't think the core files (textures, shaders, etc..) would affect this? What do you think?

Thank you

update: The core files also belong to a 4.7 client

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey Stinger,

So I don't exactly have a version.ini file but here is how I set it up so I used the downgrade 4.7 client files from the link below and for the emulator I used Gigatroon's emulator linked below as well. This may sound confusing but as I tested it more here is what I found out, it seems that the first friend I add is good and looks just fine in the friends list but if I try to add more than one friend that's when it gets all jumbled up. So the first friend's name, level looks fine but the rest look all crazy and the data is jumbled up.

I wouldn't think the core files (textures, shaders, etc..) would affect this? What do you think?

Thank you

update: The core files also belong to a 4.7 client

I fixed the bug. I also did my own testing and noticed the same bug in the emulator I'm using to test.

Here is what it looked like before, we can see on the left the packet data is correct, but if we look at the friend list, it's malformed like yours which led me to believe it's a packet problem as I described earlier(that was a guess, but looks like I was correct with that assumption).

i9Ld4I2 - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what the friend list looks like now that it is fixed. You may also notice something odd with the image (another bug I noticed).

nkR9mEX - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Most emulators haven't bothered to fix this friend list bug.

YoZeZdl - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

5Xi7TXf - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

I haven't included the fix, I'm sure it's simple enough to figure out. Of course if you stumble across any issues, let me know :) Happy coding.

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What if I want to play version 4.7, but the magic attack isn't flexible and only deals fixed damage? Help TT

Lots of info in the packets :)

SM_ATTACK is for swords, polearms etc

GJ7fhMN - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

I think what you're interested in is the SM_CASTSPELL and SM_CASTSPELL_RESULT packets.

SM_CLASTSPELL_RESULT looks like this.

dcUIOf - Ask me anything regarding Aion Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Modify them and you will get the damage you require. If you don't want to modify the packet directly, look at the source code and modify within that.

Let me know how you go :)

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I listened to your story and edited it. But that hasn't been fixed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello StingerOne I am learning about collisions and pathfinding algorithms to try to improve the monsters pursue behavior. All emus share the same problem: Mobs ignore obstacles or even fly to reach the player. In some gives up the pursue when the player hides behind any obstacle.

My question is: how this pursue system works? Is it a shared logic or each boss or mobs has its own?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to have a beginning of track to carry out a conversion, for example we all know the emulator 2.7 under java 6, is it possible to upgrade without rebuilding it from A to Z? In addition, do you recommend learning javascript and php to be able to modify the server/client files more easily as well as to create a site linked to the server?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Im on the same Problem, im trying a lot at the moment, but nothing is working and no one can help with this issue. Gameplay makes no fun with Instances rushing :(

Hello @StingerOne I am learning about collisions and pathfinding algorithms to try to improve the monsters pursue behavior. All emus share the same problem: Mobs ignore obstacles or even fly to reach the player. In some gives up the pursue when the player hides behind any obstacle.

My question is: how this pursue system works? Is it a shared logic or each boss or mobs has its own?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the difference between an emulator of aion and aion classic?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, Is anyone knows about how to enabling the speech bubble title on additional settings? or let me know on which data should I go in order to enabling it

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Speech Bubble Title has no setting in Aion 4.9 Emu

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will not be taking conversations to PM's, please keep them strictly within this thread for others to view and learn.

For the love of all that is holy, thank you for doing this. You have no idea how many times I've dug through RZ and Google for a solution to an issue, and found a post with my exact issue, only for the last two posts to be "PM me on skype/discord" and "It worked. Thank you"

Drives me batshit insane.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, thank you for doing this. You have no idea how many times I've dug through RZ and Google for a solution to an issue, and found a post with my exact issue, only for the last two posts to be "PM me on skype/discord" and "It worked. Thank you"

Drives me batshit insane.

Me too bud, me too :/ Drives me nuts.

Back