Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Since I have no use for this anymore I would like to share this files as some may find them useful.

It's a basic website implementation with login, password recovery system, rankings and e-mail confirmation. Nothing too fancy, just the basics for a server operation.

To compile this you will need:

1. Visual Studio Community 2019
2. .NET Core 5.0

To run it properly you will need:

1. Microsoft IIS configured to use Razor Pages (see here: )

2. Edit the connected services on Visual Studio to match your MSSQL Connection Strings (see Connected Services.png inside the files)

3. Edit AionAccountFactory.cs to match your MSSQL Server connection String

4. Edit RedeemHelper.cs to match your MSSQL Server connection String

5. Edit the appsettings.json to match your SMTP server

Please notice:

The website is on Portuguese. Fell free to translate it.
The website doesn't work with JAVA Emulated Servers.
The website is far from fully optimized code-wise but it is totally stable as it is.
The website uses .NET Core 5.0 Razor Pages and the latest .NET EF Core Entity Framework to handle all queries, making it very fast for MSSQL usage. Anyway, for larger servers you should consider caching the rankings.

I will not provide any documentation or guide on how to use or install it.

Previews:

Download:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Connected server =all configurated , but have this erorr:

Attachments

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To make it work, at Visual Studio you must do the following:

Go to the menu Project -> Add Connected Service

You must add 4 MSSQL Server Services as the following:
AKllX - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

Website connection and DefaultConnection are connected to the 'website' database
AionWorldConnection is connected to the 'AionWorld_110' database
AionAccountsConnection is connected to the 'AionAccounts' database

If you don't want to use the Connected Services, you can also use the appsettings.json as this:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#007700]{
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"ConnectionStrings"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: {
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AccountConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=AionAccounts;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AccountsConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=AionAccounts;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AionAccounts"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=AionAccounts;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AionAccountsConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=AionAccounts;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AionWorldConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=AionWorld_110;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"DefaultConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=website;Integrated Security=True"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"WebsiteConnection"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Data Source=AVELL;Initial Catalog=website;Integrated Security=True"
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]},
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Logging"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: {
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"LogLevel"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: {
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Default"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Information"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Microsoft"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Warning"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"Information"
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]}
  },
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"EmailSettings"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: {
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"PrimaryDomain"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"smtp.gmail.com"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"PrimaryPort"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"587"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"UsernameEmail"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"your_mail"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700],
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"UsernamePassword"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"your_pass"
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]},
  [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"AllowedHosts"[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]"*"
[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]}  [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Make sure to fix the datasources to your MSSQL server. I highly recommend to use Integrated Security if you are running the website at the same machine as the IIS Server.

At last, you must change the 'Siel' server name on the following piece of code to match your server name (as it is in the worldstatus table at AionAccounts table:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do I need .net Core sdk and is it console or application version?

Also, there is no .net CORE 5.0. Latest is 3.0

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Kreeate

Ah, ok, the SDK version. I didn't know it was supposed to be SDK.

Also, I need help in starting this up. I don't know what I am doing, I looked at the guide page here:

But it says something about having IIS server manager. I cannot find the app on my Windows 10 system (server manager) to install IIS. Do I need an actual Windows Server operating system? If so, I am out of luck unless someone else wants to build this site for me (I don't even know if that is possible?!)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Kreeate

Ah, ok, the SDK version. I didn't know it was supposed to be SDK.

Also, I need help in starting this up. I don't know what I am doing, I looked at the guide page here:

But it says something about having IIS server manager. I cannot find the app on my Windows 10 system (server manager) to install IIS. Do I need an actual Windows Server operating system? If so, I am out of luck unless someone else wants to build this site for me (I don't even know if that is possible?!)

The Windows IIS Server is necessary only for production servers. If you want to test and customize the files the best aproach is to run it using the Visual Studio embedded Web Server or IIS Express. Both are available on Visual Studio Community default installation. You should do the minimum configuration I explained here before using the Debug function.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It says I'm missing dependancies, like ASPnet Core, even after I download and install .Net SDK

I'm trying to add connected services.

It looks like it's all set up, but for some reason, when I click "Edit Dependency", the server name has an empty list...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
3. Edit AionAccountFactory.cs to match your MSSQL Server connection String

4. Edit RedeemHelper.cs to match your MSSQL Server connection String

5. Edit the appsettings.json to match your SMTP server

So, with these three steps, could you show a picture and a text describing what I need to change in order to make it work for my machine? Cause just saying "match your MSSQL Server Connection String" doesn't tell me much, cause I'm not sure what to change or where to change it in those files.

Also, how would I run this? When I go to 127.0.0.1, I enter the IIS main page, but there's nothing for my website

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok, I think I was smart enough to figure it out. I had to change the username and password.

But the last part is tricky, how do I go about retrieving the actual web page.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, I think I was smart enough to figure it out. I had to change the username and password.

But the last part is tricky, how do I go about retrieving the actual web page.

Hit 'Run' (F5) in Visual Studio. A console window should open up and thats your webserver for testes. Any other erros that my occur during runtime should show there or on Visual Studio itself if you are running a 'Debug' compilation.

VisualStudio - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, I received an error when running, same old problem, cannot connect to AionAccounts.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried to use ranking ,it shows an error info like this , Did someone know what's wrong with this? it seems linke some required data is null.
rangki - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

And register seems like not working property too , something wrong with smtp.
email - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried to use ranking ,it shows an error info like this , Did someone know what's wrong with this? it seems linke some required data is null.
rangki - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

And register seems like not working property too , something wrong with smtp.
email - [Release] JetWeb - A simple Aion 4.6 (retail) website - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh , Accounts register success , but can not login , it says account not verified .

Attachments

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oh , Accounts register success , but can not login , it says account not verified .

To use all the website features you should setup a SMTP server to send confirmation emails. It's the safe way to provide account and password recovery. If you want just the test it, you can either: 1) set website.AspNetUsers.EmailConfirmed to 1 or; 2) change the line in Startup.cs 'options.User.RequireUniqueEmail = true;' to options.User.RequireUniqueEmail = false.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To use all the website features you should setup a SMTP server to send confirmation emails. It's the safe way to provide account and password recovery. If you want just the test it, you can either: 1) set website.AspNetUsers.EmailConfirmed to 1 or; 2) change the line in Startup.cs 'options.User.RequireUniqueEmail = true;' to options.User.RequireUniqueEmail = false.

it's OK now, I use an outlook mail now. all features work fine. but when i use CDN, it seems index and others will not refresh correctly, only login and register page display correct.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why does jetweb direct me to a non-working localhost 5001 page?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For a website, this download is massive @ 117mb and that's not even compiled. Also, the dependency of visual studio is 1-2gb download before you can compile the site which isn't good. I'd recommend building your site using other frameworks and tools.

Back