Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion Private Server Setup Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Creating an Aion Private Server

Table of Contents:

A.) Introduction
B.) Links and Downloads
C.) Server Guide
D.) Various Links and Downloads
E.) Credits

1.) Navicat Configuration
2.) Execute SQL Files
3.) LoginServer Database Configuration
4.) Database Properties Configuration
5.) Server Rates Configuration
6.) Game Client Installation

A.) Introduction

Hello everyone, I've decided to delve into the world of Aion and create a guide on how to set up your very own private server. I will be creating this guide using the resources provided in this section. Please let me know if you find any flaws in this guide. I am new to Aion private server development, and I would be glad to fix the mistakes I've made. Links and downloads necessary for server set up will be provided below. Here are some other threads you might want to check out:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/video-guide-pics-aion-private-server-619458/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/config-aion-server-for-run-with-ip-router-649689/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/tutorial-how-to-get-the-aion-emu-649179/

B.) Links and Downloads

First off, let's start off with the links and downloads you may need for this process. The links will be provided below.

Downloads:
-
-
- (gujda1)
-
-
-
- Portable Server

Note: Refer to the bottom of this tutorial for C.) Various Links and Downloads for the game client if you want to install this now and not have to wait later; and other downloads that might come in handy. Provided by dannybest.

C.)Server Guide

1.) First off, once you have everything downloaded, you might want to organize everything in a new folder so you can keep track of everything.

Next, we can configure the Aion connection in Navicat. Open your Navicat, and click "New Connection" in the upper right hand corner. Fill in the blanks as follows:

Code:
Connection Name: AION
Host Name/IP Address: localhost
Port: 3306
User Name: root
Password: your desired password goes here. [COLOR="Red"]MUST MATCH YOUR MYSQL PASSWORD.[/COLOR]

You will notice the connection name has been setup. Don't worry about any of the options under your connection. Right click on your connection name and click "New Database" and enter two new databases:

Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]ae_server_gs
ae_server_ls[/COLOR]
ae_server_gs will be your game server database and ae_server_ls will be your login server database.

2.) After you have done that, right click on ae_server_gs and click "Execute SQL File" and locate the .sql files in the SQL folder. For ae_server_gs, you will need to execute all the .sql files in the 'gameserver' folder. Do the same for the loginserver. You will notice that the .sql files have been executed and you will see tables such as: "blocks," "droplists," "friends," and etc.

3.) Navigate into your ae_server_ls database and double-click on the table "gameservers." Edit the fields as follows:

Code:
ID: 1
Mask: 127.0.0.1
Password: 123

That concludes the Navicat configuration for this setup guide. Aion is designed for auto-registration; your accounts will be saved to your databases.

4.) Now go into your Aion server files folder and open the 'gameserver' folder. Open your 'config' folder, and then open the database.txt - here you will edit your database information. The password may be set to "123" so you will need to change it to your assigned MySQL password. Repeat this step for the loginserver file.

5.) To edit the server rates, locate the gameserver.properties file and scroll to the bottom - "Rate's configs." Here you can edit the experience rate and drop rate. You can also configure your IP settings here too. You can edit various information in the loginserver.properties file also.

6.) Next you will need to install the necessary clients and version of the game if you haven't done so already. The below list of downloads was taken from dannybest's thread: http://forum.ragezone.com/f587/aion-private-server-646761/

You should be ready to go! Launch your loginserver and gameserver .bats. Navigate to your Aion game folder and launch your play.bat, and have fun!

D.) Various Links and Downloads

0. bin32 -
1. Xampp -
2. Aion Spora v4-
3. ae_gameserver - - rev.1511 - Mirror 2 by
4. ae_login - - rev.1339 - Mirror 2 by
5. Launcher -
6. Server Launcher No-IP v2.3.Deluxe -
7. No IP Restriction - [Select for what client version]
8. Client -
9. Aion Portable Server - Download
10. Admin Commands List -
11. database_installer rev.2 -

Here is Arecelor's "releases index" to assist you further in your private server:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/guides-and-releases-index-649316/

E.) Credits

- gujda1
- dannybest
- Arcelor
- minikevin12

Note: You might want to dump the playfileforaion.bat into the actual Aion game folder. Some experience problems if they don't.

Note: If you want to connect to a WAN connection, just replace 127.0.0.1 in the .bat file with an existing IP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dude, what does No-IP restriction means? if I put the DLL files to bin*** it means i can share my file then use a DNS no-ip? or it means No IP restriction like NO-IP to use? o_O i'm a dynamic user

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No IP Restriction removes the IP check for 1.5.1.9 - 1.5.1.13

i'm little confusing, can you explain briefly,

it means i can use daison.no-ip.info just like that? whoow is that what you mean or not? o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you explain it? your posting like a simple word with nothing dude, i can't understand NO IP RESTRICTION IS.. lolx, any description about that?

how about compiling a AION SVN repository, is it Visual c++,Studio, or C#?

i hope your explaination has a meaningful ^__^ o_O

Reaction score
I am not completely sure what it is man, I've never used. Here's what the readme.txt says:

/*
Fyyre

*/

It is important that you read this file, as no_ip_restrict has changed.

d3dx9_38.dll now serves as a simple proxy-dll and loader. The actual patching
is now occurs within IpFixModule.dll.

HOWTO:

Install: copy d3dx9_38.dll & IpFixModule.dll to Aion\bin32 -- overwrite the old
d3dx9_38.dll

Uninstall: delete d3dx9_38.dll and IpFixModule.dll from Aion\bin32

problems or questions? fyyre@nightmail.ru

If for some reason a Aion update breaks no_ip_restrict, have your server
admin contact me. I will not respond to player requests for help.

-Fyyre

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
from fyrre that no-ip restriction that she made is un-imaginable words, i can't understand what she saying so other members and I are confused,

how about the compiling method dude, what should i use?what compilation did you use to your server files?hope you can answer this one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@savage why your not replying what is the answer for my question? help me to compile my own

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm sorry for this might not be the most appropriate thread where to post my problem, but it is as follows:

I've installed both the login and game servers (and their associated data-packs) without problems. I am using DannyBest's portable server pack. Using the included launcher (for my client version), I login successfully, but when I select the particular server to which to connect, the client simply hangs up.

There is a line in the game server log that the client has contacted the server, but that's it, there are no exceptions or any other messages whatsoever in the log of either of the servers.

I would like to ask, if it is possible for someone to give me a hint as to what might be happening. It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When i try login in my server chanell i cant :( he is not login in chanell :( why please help

Reaction score
I'm sorry for this might not be the most appropriate thread where to post my problem, but it is as follows:

I've installed both the login and game servers (and their associated data-packs) without problems. I am using DannyBest's portable server pack. Using the included launcher (for my client version), I login successfully, but when I select the particular server to which to connect, the client simply hangs up.

There is a line in the game server log that the client has contacted the server, but that's it, there are no exceptions or any other messages whatsoever in the log of either of the servers.

I would like to ask, if it is possible for someone to give me a hint as to what might be happening. It would be greatly appreciated.

same PROBLEM!

Reaction score
Private servers lesson #1: Always build your server from the source.

I suggest to grab the Aion Unique emulator from their SVN and work with that instead of a repack which you can't update whenever YOU want to, but always have to wait for a new release.

Reaction score
hi :D im new here i have a problem when i create my character
Savage - Aion Private Server Setup Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back