Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1)

Blender Fan|Kinenbi Owner
Reaction score
Complete Guide to Setup Aion Server
Tutorial by Dwarfpicker​

Any further questions?
Contact me in Skype: kajuby

If you find any misspelling, you can own them for yourself!!
I am from germany and I cant write english perfectly!!

[1] Things you need to download to start with

-- Dwarfpickers EasyAion Emulator 0.1.0 -> Here
-- Dwarfpickers EasyAion Emu Patch 0.1.1 -> Here
-- Winrar - Get FreeTrail ->

--------------------
Recommend but not needed:
-- A better version of Notepad - I recommend Notepad2. Its free. ->
--------------------
- [1] Things you need to download to start with
- [2] Getting started...
- [3] Downloading and Installing the Server
- [4] Setting up your client to play on your server
- [5] Custom Configure your Server
- [6] Setting up the Server to the open World

--------------------
[2] Getting started...

-- Step 1 - Prepare your System right:
--- Be sure you can see the file extentions of known files and show hidden directorys.
If you dont have these options enabled or you can not remeber it follow these pictures:

Open file and folder settings:
Dwarfpicker - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Decheck Dont show known extentions:
Dwarfpicker - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Scroll down - select show hidden folders:

press save/confirm!

-- Step 2 - Extract files and apply Patch
--- Be sure to extract the Dwarfpicker EasyAion Emu somewhere low level directory, else it could not work properly

3. open the patch rar file with winrar and go into the folder structure ".\SVN AIONEmu Source\AionCelestialEmu\" until you see this:

4. open in your Dwarfpickers EasyAion Emu directory following directory. ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\SVN AIONEmu Source\AionCelestialEmu\"

5. Delete ".svn" and sql

6. Apply patch by moving the .svn directory from your opened Patchfile rar into your directory

7. Close Rarfile and go back to:
".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\"

[3] Downloading and Installing the Server

- Start: "1-Klick Starter.bat"

- It should look like this:

- Press "a" and hit enter. Then it will ask you if you want to install the server! Hit "y" and enter to start!

- Than the first step should start and looks like this:

- Now wait - it will took a while until the download reached this point:

- then press enter and wait until it reched this point:

-then press enter it will show you this:

- just press enter and enter and ... until you reach this point:

- just press "y" hit enter and the next question "y" and press enter:

- after it is finished just press enter

- than again hit enter! Than you are asked for your CC!!
If you got downgraded NorthAmerican Client - Press 1 hit enter
If you got Gameforge European Client - Press 2 hit enter

- than at the end just hit enter and you will reach back to main menu
- hit a and enter to start the Aion Server

- 2 new windows will open and wait until both show this:

Last edited:
Reaction score

- Hurray server is running!!

[4] Setting up your client to play on your server

- Open your Aion directory in folder bin32

- Use another window to open ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\Tools\Aion Launcher\Disable Login IP Check fix\"

- Copy "the d3d8thk.dll" file to your ".\Aion\bin32\"

- Than go back to your ".\Aion\" and in the other window to ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\Tools\Aion Launcher\"
- copy the "aion_start_local.bat" to your Aion folder

- Open your ".\Aion\l10n\" folder:

- In here could be different Folders: f.e. ENG/DEU/FRA/ENU/RUS/..... and many more, depending wich client you are using

- Search the Folders until you reach a file called like the foldername with the extention .pak:

- Remember the Foldername, in this Case it is "DEU" and go back to your Aion main folder.

- right click on "aion_start_local.bat" -> than choose option edit

- Check if everything is ok or change it:

- Save the file and you are Done

- Start Aion with the file "aion_start_local.bat"

[5] Custom Configure your Server

- Make yourself ADMIN on your Server.
-- You need to have at least login to your server once and created at least 1 account!!!
-- Server have to run to get this working!!!

- open directory ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\Tools\Navicat Database Tool\" and start "Navicat 9 Lite Portable.exe"

- Click on "connections" than "mysql"

- Fill in this and press ok

- double click on My Aion Server or whatever you named it
- than double click on aj_login
- than dounle click on account_data

- Than do:

- the next time you Login into your server - you are a server Admin and can use any Admin Command

- How to change server rates and other?
-- Open ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\AIONEmulator\game\config\default.config" with your editor

In here all server settings are stored, very self explained!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
[6] Setting up the Server to the open World

- Open Navicat (.\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\Tools\Navicat Database Tool\) and like before go to "aj_login"

- now this time open "gameservers" with a double clik

- change this to:

- now go to ".\Dwarfpickers_Easy_MultiCoreEmu_Repack_0.1.0\AIONEmulator\game\config" and open "ipconfig.xml" with your editor

- than:

- save the file than browse to you aion folder and open "aion_start_local.bat"

- than do:

- save the file

- now all you have to do to get it working is:

1. Stop your windows Firewall OR create rules to open Following PORTS: 7777, 2106, 8096
2. If you got a router you have to open the ports there too. PORTS: 7777, 2106, 8096

depending on your firewall and router these Settings are in different places, so I can't do any picture help. Just check your manual of your product to find out how to open ports!

- Now you can rename the "aion_start_local.bat" into whatever you want like "MyServeName.bat" and send this .bat file to your friends!
- but you need to send them the ip-fix .dll too (as told in Point 4)

And now play with friends on your server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
+1 on the guide i hope this helps out many people
can i make a comment on the "ipconfig.xml"
if you have a router with the 192.168.1.* setting for lan play you will need to remove the
Code:
<iprange min="192.168.1.0" max="192.168.1.255" address="192.168.1.0"/>

i have place below a sample of another option if you have 1 or 2 computer that you want to connect
Code:
<!--
    File that is responsible for network address mapping.
    We can have any number of ip ranges mapped to various network interfaces
    Useful for those who run server in local areas with two (or more) networks

For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
    Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104">
    Examples: <ipconfig default="google.de">
-->

<ipconfig default="your wan IP">
<iprange min="192.168.1.0" max="192.168.1.255" address="192.168.1.2"/><!--this allows computers on ip 192.168.1.0;192.168.1.1;192.168.1.2 be able to connect -->

<!--
        IANA-reserved private IPv4 network ranges
        Access only from local networks, external client can't have any of
        the following ip addresses

<iprange min="10.0.0.0" max="10.255.255.255" address="10.0.0.0"/>
    <iprange min="172.16.0.0" max="172.31.255.255" address="172.16.0.0"/>
     -->

</ipconfig>

i hope you dont mind me adding this if so i will delete it

Regards

Sataniceaden

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
nice one....

but i cannot connect to LAN using this post anyone who can help me..

dwarfpicker can connect through WAN but playing LAN i wonder why this happens..

cannot connect to the authorization server

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey Nice Guide my friend :) I create my own Server and it works nice. But i wanna use an Controlpanel on my Website and i dunno how i can create a CP u know this? I dont find a Guide to create CP. I add u on Skype and i am German too. Thank u !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After select Test Server client hangs. That's what happens on gameserver

Reaction score
You used wrong Client !! Try downgraded NA client to version 3.0.0.x or EU Gameforge Client!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
cannot connect to the authorization server

for me too.... pls help guys

You used wrong Client !! Try downgraded NA client to version 3.0.0.x or EU Gameforge Client!!

now I'm trying to use the NA client 3.0.0.8 but when i try to connect says: cannot connect to the authorization server

Loginserver and gameserver okay, even status visible. aldiora.no-ip.org
Table gameservers in the mask is a sign *

ipconfig
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ipconfig default="192.168.0.100">
    <iprange min="127.0.0.1" max="127.0.0.1" address="127.0.0.1"/>
    <iprange min="192.168.0.100" max="192.168.0.107" address="192.168.0.100"/>
    <iprange min="192.168.0.100" max="192.168.0.107" address="192.168.0.100"/>
</ipconfig>
ipconfig tut:
Code:
For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104"> = your Internet IP Adress (WAN-IP)
Examples: <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 127.0.0.1 localhost
Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    localhost
Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for DNS Hosting (yourhost.NO-IP.com) use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    yourhost.no-ip.com (loop-back)
<iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.0.20"/> // where (192.168.0.20 = your Local IP Adress
<iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.2.20"/>
my hosts
Code:
192.168.0.100	aldiora.no-ip.org
I tried to put here <ipconfig default="aldiora.no-ip.org"> but... the result is the same

aion launcher
Code:
@echo off
echo Starting Aion ...

if exist L10N\enu\enu.pak (
  start bin32\aion.bin -ip:aldiora.no-ip.org -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb -nokicks -ncg -noauthgg -ls -charnamemenu -ingameshop -DEVMODE "con_disable_console 0" -DEVMODE "g_chatlog 1" -DEVMODE "g_auto_disconnect 0"

) else (
 echo Aion folder not found or unsupported language.
 pause. 
)
I do not deviate from the guide...
but there was one problem...
When I tried to run RegisterGS me give you an error...

after...
I manually entered it here

all the configs in *.properties are true, tested many times ...
as a result the server is running, and connect to it does not work = (

in the server itself often appears my local IP

Now I changed IP address to 127.0.0.1 in the launcher and it worked!!!
but how can I do for Public??? All necessary ports I opened on my router.
7777 TCP\UDP
2106 TCP\UDP
9014 TCP\UDP
80 TCP\UDP
I understood the reason for the problem
when *. bat file write IP, for example, I wrote my 78.25.188.34, then everything works. But when I write there aldiora.no-ip.org, then he can not connect. The file ipconfig during testing was aldiora.no-ip.org

what to do, tell me please?

This is ridiculous! I'm getting old)))Need a aion-launcher with supporting a connection domain.. .bat file that can not))

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi dwarf, can you please post a tutorial how to make the website work included in your repack too? I'm really having a hard time trying to make it work. Hoping to get an answer from you. Thanks in advance and have a good day! :):

Reaction score
with new pack new website will be coming, stay tuned. I just wait until tomorrow - EU 3.5 Release to test my 3.5 Core, after this is tested, I will release V.0.2.0. of Easy Emu!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was right. All who meet the same problem, remember, .bat file will not be able to join the server through the domain. Use the launcher to support domain connect

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It makes a Z unit...
Uhm I already had your privious ver installed or something... didn't wanna work so I tried this topic...
Uhm now I can't "Reinstall" As the Z unit is allready used by another unit...
So that said... it weren't enough to just delete the pack :S

How do I remove the crap so I can use Z and continue and install the database? :S

Please help meh out ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with the launcher, The server is set up and working and client is NCsoft /North America i tryed to start the launcher with these parameters "else if exist L10N\ENU\ENU.pak (
start bin32\aion.bin -ip:127.0.0.1 -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb -nokicks -ncg -noauthgg -ls -charnamemenu -ingameshop -DEVMODE "con_disable_console 0" -DEVMODE "g_chatlog 1" -DEVMODE "g_auto_disconnect 0"

And it says "the client's regional code is not compatible with the game server"
I tryed to set NCsoft launcher to EU and try again,i changed "-cc:1" to "-cc:2" and still same error can you help me find the problem in my launcher?

I fixed it!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I downloaded gameforge client...
got 3.0 it stands... but can't find that bin32 ANYWHERE :S

Help to get the correct client? :S

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
native90 said:
Hi, I have a problem with the launcher, The server is set up and working and client is NCsoft /North America i tryed to start the launcher with these parameters "else if exist L10N\ENU\ENU.pak (
start bin32\aion.bin -ip:127.0.0.1 -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb -nokicks -ncg -noauthgg -ls -charnamemenu -ingameshop -DEVMODE "con_disable_console 0" -DEVMODE "g_chatlog 1" -DEVMODE "g_auto_disconnect 0"

And it says "the client's regional code is not compatible with the game server"
I tryed to set NCsoft launcher to EU and try again,i changed "-cc:1" to "-cc:2" and still same error can you help me find the problem in my launcher?

I fixed it!
It's right, if it's NA client.
Code:
else if exist L10N\ENU\ENU.pak (
You just need to write your correct CC on the server. You might have missed this point in the guide

facara said:
It makes a Z unit...
Uhm I already had your privious ver installed or something... didn't wanna work so I tried this topic...
Uhm now I can't "Reinstall" As the Z unit is allready used by another unit...
So that said... it weren't enough to just delete the pack :S
How do I remove the crap so I can use Z and continue and install the database? :S
Please help meh out ^^

do not use .bat file after compiling the server. For example: When you compile the server u3j go to the folder. \ AIONEmulator and use .bat files on the server. Important: use your MySQL Server, not from the Guide!!

facara said:
I downloaded gameforge client...
got 3.0 it stands... but can't find that bin32 ANYWHERE :S
Help to get the correct client? :S
torrents? :D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok I just had to restart comp to fix the z drive problem.

The server seams to be running... but I have a huuuuge problem!

Where do I get Aion 3.0?! I don't get an Aion 3.0 with bin32...
Not with any bin at all actually...

Please if someone knows where to get the client. I would really love to have a link there or something :S

It's right, if it's NA client.

torrents? :D:

No torrents what I know that has the correct :S

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was right. All who meet the same problem, remember, .bat file will not be able to join the server through the domain. Use the launcher to support domain connect

btw, what'd you mean by launcher ? which launcher i should use/(create) ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys i have a router hg655b (dunno if its relevant that i tell you the name :D) and i tryed to make the server open for the world but i failed so can anyone tell me what ips do i have to change and where to put my domain name (no-ip domain name) please?

Back