Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I followed the guide and installed the CesteliaEmu or what its called. So i installed the Emu that is said to install in guide. and idk what rev it is XD

Did you update the SVN of the that rev first before installing and setting it up at all ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you update the SVN of the that rev first before installing and setting it up at all ?

I deleted the svn out of the map and coppied the new one into the map, like the guide said. But is there any new svn for that build?

If its not a problem could you pm me your skype or anything so we wouldn't spam this thread(well mostly me)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I deleted the svn out of the map and coppied the new one into the map, like the guide said. But is there any new svn for that build?

If its not a problem could you pm me your skype or anything so we wouldn't spam this thread(well mostly me)

You would need to accept pm's in your settings lol, I can't pm you or anything untill you do that. But yea sure i'll help out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Funny i cant access all my settings o_O.. what every...
Add me: hitsugaya_toushiro2

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm stuck at the server select. It wont go past the server screen.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think I found a possible bug but I'm not really sure about it. I tried already several times without success to use the "Return" spell with "Ikaros Village Obelisk" bound (while in Poeta, if I'm outside Poeta it works), and it doesn't work. For the other Obelisks it works as intended so far though. Any hints for how to fix it? Thank you.

PS: it happens also in Melponeh Campsite, it must have something to do with Poeta.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you for the tutorial :) I seem to be having issues at the MySql stage, everything installs fine, up until it says MySql Starting... then it just hangs. If anyone could shed any light on this is would be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermnd, working ok now. Server is up and running, and can log in and play :)

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Hey,
Real nice guide. I thought it'd be nice to make a private server, so I randomly chose Aion.
I noticed you're required to already have Aion installed? Sure, that's fine. However, I've installed it, and my directory is looking like this.

cujwC0u - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Not seeing any bin32 folders. :(:
I haven't had the chance to register an Aion account as the registration is currently unavailable. (For me, anyway)
At the moment it's doing a patch, but once registered and logged in, will the "bin32" folder download or something?

The AION directory path is as follows, without the quotation marks;
"C:/Program Files (x86)/GameforgeLive/Games/GBR_eng/AION/"

Any help?
Thank you. :):

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey,
Real nice guide. I thought it'd be nice to make a private server, so I randomly chose Aion.
I noticed you're required to already have Aion installed? Sure, that's fine. However, I've installed it, and my directory is looking like this.

cujwC0u - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Not seeing any bin32 folders. :(:
I haven't had the chance to register an Aion account as the registration is currently unavailable. (For me, anyway)
At the moment it's doing a patch, but once registered and logged in, will the "bin32" folder download or something?

The AION directory path is as follows, without the quotation marks;
"C:/Program Files (x86)/GameforgeLive/Games/GBR_eng/AION/"

Any help?
Thank you. :):

Noticed that you have Gameforge's Aion installed there, The majority of versions that are compatible with the server files don't work over 3.5.X.X So you would have to download NCSofts NA client instead. Unless the Gameforge Aion you have is either below 3.5.X.X or dead on that version then it will work.

People don't seem to realize that the version what the rev says it can handle up to works only for that specific version then posting why they can't connect it or get stuck at 'Server Selection'.

Attachments

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Noticed that you have Gameforge's Aion installed there, The majority of versions that are compatible with the server files don't work over 3.5.X.X So you would have to download NCSofts NA client instead. Unless the Gameforge Aion you have is either below 3.5.X.X or dead on that version then it will work.

People don't seem to realize that the version what the rev says it can handle up to works only for that specific version then posting why they can't connect it or get stuck at 'Server Selection'.

Kreatee cleared it up for me.
It's in a current patch, and once complete the "bin32" folder(s) and contents will appear.

He also mentioned that I'd have to downgrade, and that there's tutorials in the section somewhere.
Thanks for the input, however. :):

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Kreatee cleared it up for me.
It's in a current patch, and once complete the "bin32" folder(s) and contents will appear.

He also mentioned that I'd have to downgrade, and that there's tutorials in the section somewhere.
Thanks for the input, however. :):

No problem! ,and yea you would need to Downgrade from a specific version which is a pain lol

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
No problem! ,and yea you would need to Downgrade from a specific version which is a pain lol

Ah. -_-
No idea how to. ;/ Kreeate said;

Kreeate said:
After the long patch, the bin32 folder will be created. You will need version 3.0.0.8 though, because anything above that is not publicly available. In terms of server files anyway.
You can find downgrade tuts in the Aion section.
You will also need to patch your bin32 folder to be compatible with the serve you're running. Again, you can find this info in the Aion Section.

If you run into any difficulties, drop a line in the help section and we'll see if we can be of any assistance.

Good luck'

Can't find anything on this, but I'll probably just create a help request thread when it's patched. :p:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can't find anything on this, but I'll probably just create a help request thread when it's patched. :p:

In all fairness , it isn't that hard at all. But the hardest bit of all is , finding the correct Downgrades for that version and making the game run and hit to the 'Login Screen'. From 3.5 to 3.0.0.8
there are plenty around. The majority are for NCSoft NA version though so im not to sure if you will be able to find any around for Gameforges Aion.

Personally i'm not sure how it works with the bin32's and all but getting to that stage shouldn't be to hard at all.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
In all fairness , it isn't that hard at all. But the hardest bit of all is , finding the correct Downgrades for that version and making the game run and hit to the 'Login Screen'. From 3.5 to 3.0.0.8
there are plenty around. The majority are for NCSoft NA version though so im not to sure if you will be able to find any around for Gameforges Aion.

Personally i'm not sure how it works with the bin32's and all but getting to that stage shouldn't be to hard at all.

If I can't find one for Gameforges Aion I will cry. Lol but seriously, it's still patching. -_-

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If I can't find one for Gameforges Aion I will cry. Lol but seriously, it's still patching. -_-

Yea all those hours of patching lol, i feel your pain there!, But i'm sure that the Downgrades will work flawless because it's practically the same but just differently configured.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Works for me. This guide + another one and works 100%
Server version 3.0.0.8 :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did step by step but when try connect to server have this problem:

Aion0003 - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried change ip to 127.0.0.1 , to my private ip address , and to ip from whatismyip website, but each time same. Ty if someone could help

ps. sth strange happen to login server when crash

cr1 - Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Aion Server (Aion 3.0-3.1) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah, I thought someone might ask...

Open AIONEmulator/game/StartGS.bat in notepad and find this line:

And just change it to look like this:

Save your changes and run the game server as usual, and whatever changes you made to default.config should take effect.

I've done this and restarted the server, but the rates haven't changed, and I'm puzzled as to why it's not working :/ I've done a search on this issue, so do apologise if I've missed anything. If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be appreciated. I've checked the file path as well, it's in the same place as Randax's, so the file path is right.

Back