Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion 5.8 Question about NPC Dialogue

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I had a question about Robson's great work on the 5.8 files. I noticed most things work very well, but there's an annoying missing feature where when an NPC mentions what class you are, it just shows a ??? (Oh, I didn't expect them to send such a talented ???) when the ??? should be Cleric, Templar, etc.

The question is, is this an easy fix or would you have to go through and manually edit every NPC's dialogue to reference the character's class?

*Also is this a server file issue or a client issue? I'm assuming it's somewhere in static_data but I can't find it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, I had a question about Robson's great work on the 5.8 files. I noticed most things work very well, but there's an annoying missing feature where when an NPC mentions what class you are, it just shows a ??? (Oh, I didn't expect them to send such a talented ???) when the ??? should be Cleric, Templar, etc.

The question is, is this an easy fix or would you have to go through and manually edit every NPC's dialogue to reference the character's class?

*Also is this a server file issue or a client issue? I'm assuming it's somewhere in static_data but I can't find it.
Are you referring to Ascension quests?
When do you finish and can you choose the class you want?
Example: If you are a Warrior then can you choose to be a Gladiator or a Templar?

This is server side and it's working fine.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you referring to Ascension quests?
When do you finish and can you choose the class you want?
Example: If you are a Warrior then can you choose to be a Gladiator or a Templar?

This is server side and it's working fine.

No, I mean when you talk to an NPC and they mention what class you are.

Like "Oh hello there, young Templar" instead of saying Templar it shows "Oh, hello there young ???" as if they cant determine what your class is.

FEMALE

So check this out. Same server, same Warrior class but with a male PC, the dialogue works.

Apparently it only happens to female PC's. Is there a fix? And it doesn't only just happen with this NPC, it's ALL of them that mention your class.

So to sum it up, when playing as a female PC, the NPC's can't determine your class.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
No, I mean when you talk to an NPC and they mention what class you are.

Like "Oh hello there, young Templar" instead of saying Templar it shows "Oh, hello there young ???" as if they cant determine what your class is.

So check this out. Same server, same Warrior class but with a male PC, the dialogue works.

Apparently it only happens to female PC's. Is there a fix? And it doesn't only just happen with this NPC, it's ALL of them that mention your class.

So to sum it up, when playing as a female PC, the NPC's can't determine your class.

Im not sure but you need to tested.

go to
Aion_5.8_EMU\AionServerPlay\AionGameServer\data\static_data\quest_data\quest_data.xml

find your quest there .
And add this two missing lines .

<class_permitted>GLADIATOR TEMPLAR ASSASSIN RANGER SORCERER SPIRIT_MASTER CHANTER CLERIC GUNSLINGER SONGWEAVER</class_permitted>
<gender_permitted>FEMALE</gender_permitted>

SO will look like this

<quest id="1101" name="Sleeping On The Job" nameId="1102201" minlevel_permitted="1" max_repeat_count="1" race_permitted="ELYOS" category="IMPORTANT">
<rewards gold="120" exp="130">
<reward_item item_id="164002010" count="20"/>
<reward_item item_id="164002011" count="20"/>
<reward_item item_id="164002057" count="20"/>
</rewards>
<class_permitted>GLADIATOR TEMPLAR ASSASSIN RANGER SORCERER SPIRIT_MASTER CHANTER CLERIC GUNSLINGER SONGWEAVER</class_permitted>
<gender_permitted>FEMALE</gender_permitted>

I can be wrong and can be in other place located :D
But better try then not :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im not sure but you need to tested.

go to
Aion_5.8_EMU\AionServerPlay\AionGameServer\data\static_data\quest_data\quest_data.xml

find your quest there .
And add this two missing lines .

SO will look like this

I can be wrong and can be in other place located :D
But better try then not :p

Good guess yep, but no, that just made the quest disappear entirely. It's not just quests that refer to it though, it's just normal NPC dialogue without quests too.

Thanks though. Maybe it's buried in the source?

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Good guess yep, but no, that just made the quest disappear entirely. It's not just quests that refer to it though, it's just normal NPC dialogue without quests too.

Thanks though. Maybe it's buried in the source?

What client are you using ? and what Country code ?
I test with ENU lang and its displayed same as for you .but when i change to eng (cc=1) its normal

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What client are you using ? and what Country code ?
I test with ENU lang and its displayed same as for you .but when i change to eng (cc=1) its normal

Now I'm getting the "This game cant be played in your country" error, I havent had that in a while lol.

I changed it to 1 in the start.bat file, the cc.ini file, and the config gameserver file. Am I forgetting something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand your problem...
I use ENG cc="2" and i don't have this problem, i'm using NotAion 5.8

EDIT:
For this Emu you can also use ENU cc="1"

I was using ENG CC=2 also, and Im also using NotAion 5.8 and I had the issue. Weird! I must have missed something somewhere.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did what Topaz described in your 5.8 thread @Robson

"I recommend that you rename the client folders and files:

-Client Aion 5.8\L10N\enu\data for Client Aion 5.8\L10N\ENG\data

-Client Aion 5.8\L10N\ENG... file enu.pak for ENG.pak and

-cc"1" for cc"2".

...\config\main\gameserver.properties...

# GS config's:
# ============================
# GS Country Code (cc)
# Examples : KOR : 0 / NA : 1 / EU : 2 / RUS : 7
gameserver.country.code = 2"

And that's how I got my issue.

Going to try just reloading the files without doing those fixes and see if it works.

Actually ideal version for this EMU is Korean version 5818.823.208.12671 :D:

Im still getting the issue. :(

Can someone explain exactly what to do please, so I don't get this error? I know how to change settings and configs, cc-1 etc and gameserver.properties but I can't find one that works.

Pretty please and thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry dude, but maybe the reason is because i made some changes in the client especially in the data.pak file.
and also added Lakrum as territory...

I think it is yep. I'll try a different client just to verify it, I mean I doubt you'd want to modify the client again just for something for small and trivial lol.

I guess I'll just keep playing on Aion America, its a fun, stable and populated 4.6 server.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think it is yep. I'll try a different client just to verify it, I mean I doubt you'd want to modify the client again just for something for small and trivial lol.

I guess I'll just keep playing on Aion America, its a fun, stable and populated 4.6 server.
The ideal would be the Korean client, with the NA or EU client some things still don't work fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes!! you can test with another client, but the ideal would be the Korean client,
with the NA or EU client many things still don't work fine.

EDIT: I think i'll mount a VM with the AION 4.6 retail files for fun :wink:

Haha go for it! Or come play on Aion America, its actually really fun. Stable, lots of people (Elyos getting their butts kicked atm) and they added like everything from version 7.7 of the game to the 4.6 client.

So Robson, interesting thing - it's not the client, it's somewhere in the data or config files (I'm guessing static_data). I know this because I tried a normal 5.8 client with the Chat,Game and Login servers from your 5.8 - weird right? Where in the world would that setting be?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So @Robson, interesting thing - it's not the client, it's somewhere in the data or config files (I'm guessing static_data). I know this because I tried a normal 5.8 client with the Chat,Game and Login servers from your 5.8 - weird right? Where in the world would that setting be?
Serious!! show me the imagens!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Serious!! show me the imagens!!!

It's the same as my previous images. I used the client from here - and it was the same result. Female PC doesn't have her class recognized by an NPC when talking to them.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score

It's the same as my previous images. I used the client from here - and it was the same result. Female PC doesn't have her class recognized by an NPC when talking to them.

Bro what you talking about . I telling you from my last post . All in Emu are ok. its Lang folder . NotAion screw something with them L10N\ENG\data\data.pak
Other private servers are based on same client with same broken strings in whole client :D

Update:

Missing this line in client_strings_ui.xml

I just simply unpack 7.7 and copied from there to 5.8

</string>
<string>
<id>914517</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_WARRIOR_F</name>
<body>Warrior</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914518</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_FIGHTER_F</name>
<body>Gladiator</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914519</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_KNIGHT_F</name>
<body>Templar</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914520</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_SCOUT_F</name>
<body>Scout</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914521</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_ASSASSIN_F</name>
<body>Assassin</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914522</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_RANGER_F</name>
<body>Ranger</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914523</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_MAGE_F</name>
<body>Mage</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914524</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_WIZARD_F</name>
<body>Sorceress</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914525</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_ELEMENTALIST_F</name>
<body>Spiritmaster</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914526</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_CLERIC_F</name>
<body>Priest</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914527</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_PRIEST_F</name>
<body>Cleric</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914528</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_CHANTER_F</name>
<body>Chanter</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914529</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_ENGINEER_F</name>
<body>Engineer</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914530</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_RIDER_F</name>
<body>Aethertech</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914531</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_GUNNER_F</name>
<body>Gunner</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914532</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_ARTIST_F</name>
<body>Artist</body>
</string>
<string>
<id>914533</id>
<name>STR_CLASS_NAME_BARD_F</name>
<body>Bard</body>
</string>
<string>

located in :
L10N\eng\data\data.pak <= you need to unpack it and add it by hand :D

This was missing as well in 5.6.

Screenshot (479) - Aion 5.8 Question about NPC Dialogue - RaGEZONE Forums

Hey now, I am still pretty new at this stuff.:D: But yeah thanks for explaining how to fix it, I prefer your client the most Robyson.

Thanks too @cinus !

There is like button if you don't see it yet :p
Show some respect for my work .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Bro what you talking about . I telling you from my last post . All in Emu are ok. its Lang folder . NotAion screw something with them L10N\ENG\data\data.pak
Download from steam all client then test .

Update:

located in :

View attachment 172633
That's correct @cinus!! :thumbup1:
I was laughing a lot at @Drazius because he thinks the problem is in Emu, how much innocence :lol:

EDIT: As i said, modifications were made to the data.pak file.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f590/aion-5-8-question-about-1208725/#post9147521

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's correct @cinus!! :thumbup1:
I was laughing a lot at @Drazius because he thinks the problem is in Emu, how much innocence :lol:

EDIT: As i said, modifications were made to the data.pak file.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f590/aion-5-8-question-about-1208725/#post9147521

Hey now, I am still pretty new at this stuff.:D: But yeah thanks for explaining how to fix it, I prefer your client the most Robyson.

Thanks too @cinus !

Other private servers are based on same client with same broken strings in whole client :D

Update:

located in :

View attachment 172633

There is like button if you don't see it yet :p
Show some respect for my work .

I always forget, liked. :)

Upvote 0
Back