Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion PowerWeb 3.0 MySQL, PHP, HTML Assistance/consulting

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all, as stated in my thread title I'm looking for some assistance and/or consulting with the Aion PowerWeb 3.0.

MySQL/php databases is still a fairly new thing when it comes to websites for me. Setting up starting game servers etc not an issue.

So I do have a grasp of it in small matters and understand things very quickly when showed.
e.i. I can setup a basic static website within Github and redirect using a paid domain. Once all these other parts need to be added to the database it starts to go over my head.

My forte is game development, I know some html, I know java, xml, modeling, modding etc.

Looking for some guidance, to start. Maybe a point in the right direction for any sort of tutorials or guides I can get my eyes on that revolve around the Aion powerweb 3.0.

My ASK: I want to understand how to start/load up Aion PowerWeb 3.0 and have it connected to the game/login server.

I'm guessing these are all the programs I would be needing for this:Aion powerweb 3.0 files
Navicat
Xampp
Wordpress
Visual Studio Code

Thanks, for any help on this. Feel free to private msg me as well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You are already a programmer at this point, I'd recommend building your own website to interface with your emulator :)

Building a node web app and connecting it to your mysql server would be a piece of cake, you already know html and JavaScript is very simple to code in if you have some experience using a more "difficult" language like Java(JS for the most part doesn't require type definitions like Java and C#). You can then proxy the web app through nginx or apache if running it in a production environment.

The Gameserver and Loginserver are the two main ones you mostly focus on when building a website, unless there are some chat features you want to pull from the Chatserver database. The website connects to and operates it's queries on the same database and tables that are used with your emulator so from your perspective the hard part is over in terms of setting up the databases.

All that's really left to do to make the dream a reality is building/using website source code to connect to your LS, GS and adding, updating and removing data. For eg. in PHP you'd use the mysql connector to open a connection to your loginserver database and from there you can programmatically add new accounts with the values you want and then after, you can close the connection and let the player know their account is created.

I know it's a wall of text to read so apologies for that. If you need any help, don't hesitate to reach out :) You should be golden though, if you can setup an emulator with little to no problems, you can most definitely setup/code a website for the server.

This sounds to me like it could be a good opportunity for a tutorial on how to do this, I see a lot of pre-made websites being used and newcomers don't really understand how all the pieces fit together.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Stinger, thanks a lot for getting back to my posts quickly and with great info every time.

I think I've been over thinking the process or over complicating some of the most basic stuff esp. with the website factor of all this.(probably the one thing I've dreaded working on) It's like you said I'm not really understanding how all the pieces fit together when grabbing different things from the forums.

Game development isn't new for me, however; making it public and connecting everything into one is.

That being said I do have a 'public' sever its for private testing currently but it runs under a root server I purchased.

On the topic of websites, I've been messing around with just the power web 3.0 Aion version and seeing if I can get it to work via xammp. (just to get some understanding of wtf I'm doing when it comes to website databases, setting up a webshop, registration, etc etc)Long story short, I'm confusing myself even more. This is why I'm second guessing everything, I get things to work via localhost/ but with so many errors nothing actually looks right or even works lol

I do have a root server I pay for as I said for testing, I also have a google domain for the website. Do you have/take a hourly rate for consults on discord? I don't want to take your time for free, but a 1on1 consult I feel would benefit a lot, that or I may wait to see if you go through with a tutorial on it all.

Let me know! Id DM you but your inbox is full. Let me know if you'd like my discord.Thanks,

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey Stinger, thanks a lot for getting back to my posts quickly and with great info every time.

I think I've been over thinking the process or over complicating some of the most basic stuff esp. with the website factor of all this.(probably the one thing I've dreaded working on) It's like you said I'm not really understanding how all the pieces fit together when grabbing different things from the forums.

Game development isn't new for me, however; making it public and connecting everything into one is.

That being said I do have a 'public' sever its for private testing currently but it runs under a root server I purchased.

On the topic of websites, I've been messing around with just the power web 3.0 Aion version and seeing if I can get it to work via xammp. (just to get some understanding of wtf I'm doing when it comes to website databases, setting up a webshop, registration, etc etc)Long story short, I'm confusing myself even more. This is why I'm second guessing everything, I get things to work via localhost/ but with so many errors nothing actually looks right or even works lol

I do have a root server I pay for as I said for testing, I also have a google domain for the website. Do you have/take a hourly rate for consults on discord? I don't want to take your time for free, but a 1on1 consult I feel would benefit a lot, that or I may wait to see if you go through with a tutorial on it all.

Let me know! Id DM you but your inbox is full. Let me know if you'd like my discord.Thanks,

I don't do discord consults, I work professionally as a software engineer and just don't have the time to sit on discord and chat with people all day.

I don't mind helping people if they are showing a keen interest in their work and want to learn. If someone asks me a bunch of questions and shows me nothing of substance well, I'm not going to waste my time.

I'll see what I can do, as the year wraps up, things are becoming more hectic at the moment.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't do discord consults, I work professionally as a software engineer and just don't have the time to sit on discord and chat with people all day.

I don't mind helping people if they are showing a keen interest in their work and want to learn. If someone asks me a bunch of questions and shows me nothing of substance well, I'm not going to waste my time.

I'll see what I can do, as the year wraps up, things are becoming more hectic at the moment.

Totally reasonable response, I own 2 companies and I personally never give away my services for free as I believe that if you have well earned knowledge that you can teach or provide a good solution to, you should be paid a premium for you services hands down.

Brings me back to my post. I thought I made it clear that I wasn't looking for buddy-buddy chatting in discord, I offered to pay for your time. (as I am looking for someone that is also passionate about these topics within Aion develop community, otherwise I'd just go somewhere else) simply saying its a waste of your time does seem irrational though.

All said and done though you seem to help out a lot in these forums giving your two cents for different topic's, which is why I asked you! no hard feelings though, I can relate when it comes to being very busy lol

Chat later!

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Totally reasonable response, I own 2 companies and I personally never give away my services for free as I believe that if you have well earned knowledge that you can teach or provide a good solution to, you should be paid a premium for you services hands down.

Brings me back to my post. I thought I made it clear that I wasn't looking for buddy-buddy chatting in discord, I offered to pay for your time. (as I am looking for someone that is also passionate about these topics within Aion develop community, otherwise I'd just go somewhere else) simply saying its a waste of your time does seem irrational though.

All said and done though you seem to help out a lot in these forums giving your two cents for different topic's, which is why I asked you! no hard feelings though, I can relate when it comes to being very busy lol

Chat later!

Answering complicated and very open ended questions with no progress shown to me isn't exactly a good use of my time. If you show you are passionate and wanting to learn about how something works, have attempts at fixing things and I have the knowledge to give you, I will be only too happy to help you.

Maybe you misunderstood when I said it was a waste of my time, I was referring to users who post questions to complicated tasks and want a very long and thorough answer. I just don't have the time to write that all out and hope the person who asked the question understands what I've communicated to them, it's just not a good use of my time :)

You are a good example of what people should be doing, and that is asking questions to drive your understanding but also showcasing what progress you have made in learning, it shows me that you care about what you are working on and are interested in learning more. In that case I understand the problem space and I feel my time is useful to you.

We can discuss this further, but I think the info I gave you initially is a good start, let me know if you have any issues.

Upvote 0
Back