Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Emu 5.8

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HiPlease help.I have already finished full working emu 5.8, now I'm sitting on restoring Catalam, everything went well, but I have one problem, the neutral zone on the safe zone is not working, as in the picture and the question is whether it is on the client's side or something needs to be changed on the emu's side?

selgro - Emu 5.8 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, if I knew where the problem comes from I would have tried to tell you how to solve it, the problem being that I am starting to modify and fully understand an emulator. But I have never modified a server above 3.5, then by pure intuition I think it must come from the server if the client is not modified. For my part, it would be the code that would have a problem or that comes into conflict. So my amateur advice would be to look for the file where these neutral areas are coded. There's also the technique of mounting another server and seeing if those areas work and comparing the files. Sorry I can't do more.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Really no one knows or won't help?

Have a look through the source code and see if any packets are being sent or received when you enter/exit the area.

If no packets are received or sent, you can assume with good accuracy that the issue rests with the client.

To help you out, it's a client issue. Some areas in the game are pre-defined within the client and the server has no idea of which area you're in by default. I checked the packets and I don't receive a packet that would indicate that I'm in a neutral or contested zone, specifically when I'm on a pillar.

There are external ways to determine whether the player is in a contested area via world collision but the problem you're describing is specific to the client. If it's not working, you can assume the client is faulty, maybe try another client and see if it works.

Next time use a more descriptive title, "Emu 5.8" doesn't tell me much, I instantly assume a simple emulator question or issue.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello selgro!
Looks like your map is from a version older than 4.5, since your safe zone is the old one and probably your Zone file is from another version. You should look for another Zone or then get the LDF5a client level from a 4.5+ client.
Let me know if you manage to fix it, maybe i can help you find out a solution.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello selgro!
Looks like your map is from a version older than 4.5, since your safe zone is the old one and probably your Zone file is from another version. You should look for another Zone or then get the LDF5a client level from a 4.5+ client.
Let me know if you manage to fix it, maybe i can help you find out a solution.

That's what happens when you mash different clients together, sure the packets might work, but everything else will be broken.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should look into your client files for this archives:

Levels/ldf5a -> Map files
data/world/client_world_ldf5a -> This contains all the zones infos

Make sure they match the same version of the map you added.

Then in your server you should look to the file data/static_data/zones/zones_600050000 to make sure you have the same safe point as your client file.

The result should look like this:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice!
Now you can look into your L10N folder and you can add your Fortress/Instances Flags trought the abyssicon.xml at data/ui.
You can find the values searching by world name or Siege/Instance ID in another client. You can get those datas with any PTS client.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Nice!
Now you can look into your L10N folder and you can add your Fortress/Instances Flags trought the abyssicon.xml at data/ui.
You can find the values searching by world name or Siege/Instance ID in another client. You can get those datas with any PTS client.
Yeah i did it for Katalam and i'm doing it for Lakrum.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Thank you very much for your help, the mistake I made that I didn't want it to work,
I didn't add client_world_ldf5a and client_world_ldf5b to world.pak. It's blinking right now.
I'll be starting the server soon.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@chainGolem confirmed!! i missed that detail :rolleyes:
Forgot to replace client_world_ldf5a file in world.pak, so i used from my client 4.3.
Works for both platform types.

Here's the file for anyone who wants it...

Hi
Is it possible to get client_world_ldf5b again?

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do we need to unpak the \data\world\world.pak and add the client_world_ldf5a.xml file to it?
Which tool can do that? Sorry I forgott..

Okay, update of what I already done;

1.Unpaked world.pak (AION Encdec)
2. Owerwriten the original client_world_ldf5a.xml with the Robson attached client_world_ldf5a.xml
3. Repak the world.pak
4.Started the gameserver
5. Started the client

It seams that nothing changed

P.S I'm using NotAion 5.8 client

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Safe zones are ok but there is a problem with the file Levels\ldf5b level.pak, entitycontexts2.lst it is responsible for lowering the safe zone but then they disappear all over the teleport map just like nscreen.
Before
Aion0001 - Emu 5.8 - RaGEZONE Forums

After

Aion0002 - Emu 5.8 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Should I overwrite the 5.8 client world.pak with that one from 4.3?
Yes, you must do as selgro instructed.

Safe zones are ok but there is a problem with the file Levels\ldf5b level.pak, entitycontexts2.lst it is responsible for lowering the safe zone but then they disappear all over the teleport map just like nscreen.
Sorry but i didn't add Danaria in my 5.8,
but as i recall there are no such teleports in 4.3,
then you must extract the files from 4.5, 4.6 or 4.7.

Upvote 0
Back