Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to open Geodata?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello buddies, someone knows how to open a .geo file? Pls share with us :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
.geo isn't a real file format, it is made up and inside each file contains a bunch of info that runs against the emulator in real time to detect collisions and whatever else required for functioning geodata.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.geo isn't a real file format, it is made up and inside each file contains a bunch of info that runs against the emulator in real time to detect collisions and whatever else required for functioning geodata.
Good to know, thanks for the information stinger <3

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the information stinger <3

.geo files are really silly and I don't recommend this approach, along with the long compile time.

pre-loading of pre-made files to run in real time, why not just run it in real time and skip the compile time? :sneaky2: silly devs! so many problems in these emulators, I just throw them out the window and build something new :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When you finish building something new or if something new has been made, please show us, i'm curious :wink:

Sorry mate but it's true. Rebuild just your login server as a test case in a modern programming language that's 5% the size of the java code base and you'll be just as frustrated as me :) I'm sure you will not release anything either. Time is money! A release won't last 5 seconds on here without many reuploads.. at least a tutorial keeps the leechers away :D:

I prefer making tutorials instead of releasing code, it separates the genuine learners from the people who just want to steal code my friend. but you already know that :)

p.s I wasn't really referring to you, but still naughty naughty for using JDK 8 with your bloated LS and GS running on JVM :proud: (I'm playing, don't feed me to the balaur).

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Sorry mate but it's true. Rebuild just your login server as a test case in a modern programming language that's 5% the size of the java code base and you'll be just as frustrated as me :) I'm sure you will not release anything either. Time is money! A release won't last 5 seconds on here without many reuploads.. at least a tutorial keeps the leechers away :D:

I prefer making tutorials instead of releasing code, it separates the genuine learners from the people who just want to steal code my friend. but you already know that :)

p.s I wasn't really referring to you, but still naughty naughty for using JDK 8 with your bloated LS and GS running on JVM :proud: (I'm playing, don't feed me to the balaur).

Haha i understand, i'm not offended and i don't want you to post your code :wink:
and you think i post everything here? Haha i have good works kept with me.
But no offense, there's nothing "bloated" with my 4.3,
who wants to show something better, feel free. :):

EDIT: I will start working with Tera code in my free time,
maybe i'll have some success, a game that for me is better than Aion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha i understand, i'm not offended and i don't want you to post your code :wink:
and you think i post everything here? Haha i have good works kept with me.
But no offense, there's nothing "bloated" with my 4.3,
who wants to show something better, feel free. :):

EDIT: I will start working with Tera code in my free time,
maybe i'll have some success, a game that for me is better than Aion.

Maybe you need to see it to believe it :) 32 files vs 147 files... and it's not bloated? Hahaha

Take a look: EDIT: I too am also looking at Tera, it was fun when I played it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back