• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to open Geodata?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello buddies, someone knows how to open a .geo file? Pls share with us :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
.geo isn't a real file format, it is made up and inside each file contains a bunch of info that runs against the emulator in real time to detect collisions and whatever else required for functioning geodata.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.geo isn't a real file format, it is made up and inside each file contains a bunch of info that runs against the emulator in real time to detect collisions and whatever else required for functioning geodata.
Good to know, thanks for the information stinger <3

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the information stinger <3

.geo files are really silly and I don't recommend this approach, along with the long compile time.

pre-loading of pre-made files to run in real time, why not just run it in real time and skip the compile time? :sneaky2: silly devs! so many problems in these emulators, I just throw them out the window and build something new :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When you finish building something new or if something new has been made, please show us, i'm curious :wink:

Sorry mate but it's true. Rebuild just your login server as a test case in a modern programming language that's 5% the size of the java code base and you'll be just as frustrated as me :) I'm sure you will not release anything either. Time is money! A release won't last 5 seconds on here without many reuploads.. at least a tutorial keeps the leechers away :D:

I prefer making tutorials instead of releasing code, it separates the genuine learners from the people who just want to steal code my friend. but you already know that :)

p.s I wasn't really referring to you, but still naughty naughty for using JDK 8 with your bloated LS and GS running on JVM :proud: (I'm playing, don't feed me to the balaur).

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Sorry mate but it's true. Rebuild just your login server as a test case in a modern programming language that's 5% the size of the java code base and you'll be just as frustrated as me :) I'm sure you will not release anything either. Time is money! A release won't last 5 seconds on here without many reuploads.. at least a tutorial keeps the leechers away :D:

I prefer making tutorials instead of releasing code, it separates the genuine learners from the people who just want to steal code my friend. but you already know that :)

p.s I wasn't really referring to you, but still naughty naughty for using JDK 8 with your bloated LS and GS running on JVM :proud: (I'm playing, don't feed me to the balaur).

Haha i understand, i'm not offended and i don't want you to post your code :wink:
and you think i post everything here? Haha i have good works kept with me.
But no offense, there's nothing "bloated" with my 4.3,
who wants to show something better, feel free. :):

EDIT: I will start working with Tera code in my free time,
maybe i'll have some success, a game that for me is better than Aion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha i understand, i'm not offended and i don't want you to post your code :wink:
and you think i post everything here? Haha i have good works kept with me.
But no offense, there's nothing "bloated" with my 4.3,
who wants to show something better, feel free. :):

EDIT: I will start working with Tera code in my free time,
maybe i'll have some success, a game that for me is better than Aion.

Maybe you need to see it to believe it :) 32 files vs 147 files... and it's not bloated? Hahaha

Take a look: EDIT: I too am also looking at Tera, it was fun when I played it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back