Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible to run two emulators from the same computer?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Say I want to test two different emulators. I know the database is accessed from the localhost. I use navicat or whatever preferred software to connect the database by loading two files from the emulator, but is there a way to, say, suspend one database profile and import a different one and swap between the two?

The method I'm describing might not make sense as it is conjecture, but hopefully my core question makes sense. I want to test out a second emulator without having to use a completely different computer. Thanks!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can host many gameservers yes, there can only be one loginserver though because the loginserver port 2106 is hard coded into the aion game client.
The gameserver ip addresses and ports are specified in the SM_SERVER_LIST packet that the loginserver sends to the client.

Looks like there is already some code to write each server:

lWAc4a - Is it possible to run two emulators from the same computer? - RaGEZONE Forums

Each gameserver can have it's own database within the mysql server to hold its data.
You won't need to suspend a mysql database, just run them in parallel and have each gameserver connect to their own database.

EDIT: You cannot run two emulators of different versions, port 2106 will only be used by one loiginserver. The client only knows about a loginserver that's sitting on port 2106. It has no knowledge of the gameservers, therefore you can run multiple gameservers and send them via the SM_SERVER_LIST packet.

With that being said, a loginserver is pretty universal, my development loginserver I programmed will connect on pretty much any client version to some degree, so will the java one, so you can run the one loginserver and add many gameservers with different versions.

The server list server names are hard coded via the server id, for eg. you could have siel for version 4.6 and kharun for version 5.8 and it should support those two different versions because the SM_VERSION packets will be specific to those gameserver versions.

When I say you cannot, I am meaning you can't download two emulators and run two loginservers and two gameservers at once(that's what it looks like you want to do), that's not how it works with aion emulation, but you can definitely run one loginserver and have many gameservers of different versions with no problem :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Say I want to test two different emulators. I know the database is accessed from the localhost. I use navicat or whatever preferred software to connect the database by loading two files from the emulator, but is there a way to, say, suspend one database profile and import a different one and swap between the two?

The method I'm describing might not make sense as it is conjecture, but hopefully my core question makes sense. I want to test out a second emulator without having to use a completely different computer. Thanks!

Amazing reply, man.

Thanks a million!

Upvote 0
Back