Where can I disable/enable all flight paths/teleport locations unlocked?

MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    31Posts

Where can I disable/enable all flight paths/teleport locations unlocked?

Hi. Currently I'm using a 4.6 client and server. Most of the files for these servers are similar. Does anyone know where in the server config/properties files one can enable or disable having all teleport locations and flight paths unlocked?

Thanks!

MemberRank
    Aug 2021 Join Date
    AltgardLocation
    121Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aceover9 View Post
    Hi. Currently I'm using a 4.6 client and server. Most of the files for these servers are similar. Does anyone know where in the server config/properties files one can enable or disable having all teleport locations and flight paths unlocked?

Thanks!
    Hi,

You can't typically do this with the change of an option, you will need to modify the packets to allow this functionality. specifically CM_DIALOG_SELECT and SM_DIALOG_WINDOW to allow anyone to teleport. I believe those two control whether a player can teleport to the new zone.

MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    31Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerOne View Post
    Hi,

You can't typically do this with the change of an option, you will need to modify the packets to allow this functionality. specifically CM_DIALOG_SELECT and SM_DIALOG_WINDOW to allow anyone to teleport. I believe those two control whether a player can teleport to the new zone.

Thank you for the reply.

Could you let me know what method is needed to make this change? Do I need a particular software? My goal is to actually disable this functionality. I don't mind all the teleports being available as people will be limited by their character strength, but having all flight paths unlocked by default kind of removes a bunch of the exploration.

MemberRank
    Aug 2021 Join Date
    AltgardLocation
    121Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aceover9 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Could you let me know what method is needed to make this change? Do I need a particular software? My goal is to actually disable this functionality. I don't mind all the teleports being available as people will be limited by their character strength, but having all flight paths unlocked by default kind of removes a bunch of the exploration.
    check those packets and see what they return. System.out.println(); will print data to the cmd prompt.
    add that in a few spots to print packet values and compile the server, go to a teleporter and attempt to teleport, you will see your print statement work.

I haven't looked too deeply at this because I've been busy but give it a go and let me know if you're stuck.

MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    31Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerOne View Post
    check those packets and see what they return. System.out.println(); will print data to the cmd prompt.
    add that in a few spots to print packet values and compile the server, go to a teleporter and attempt to teleport, you will see your print statement work.

I haven't looked too deeply at this because I've been busy but give it a go and let me know if you're stuck.
    Hi! Thanks for the help! I ended up getting feedback that people would prefer the teleports enabled so I'm going to keep them that way, but I really appreciate your taking the time to help me with this. That was some deep stuff you posted, way deeper than I've gone with any of this, but it was cool learning and trying to figure it out.

Advertisement