Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HK] OllyDbg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now i know there is a development section, this i know but this isn't to get the information i have previously got from the [Dev] post. That being said I'll ask my question and I'll provide 6 screenshots to show what I'm talking about. With this i expect possible answers like which version to use to fix the zone. Previously in the Development section there was this from aqua512

Code:
OK, take a look at the 2011 zone watch what it does in Olly. Just mimic the same thing in the HK zone.

Hell even Don can manage that.

I have done that in 3 different operating systems, and to my surprise (and horror) because i tried to not get confused due to the ollydbger in the same windows (sigh) they all seem to come up with something completely different. These are screenshots of HK Original Zone Server (one without the .dll file)

Starting with Windows 7 (home premium 32bit)

Now Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition (64bit)

Please Note: I did remove the data Computer Name/Comp Description because of it being a Server otherwise i would have left it there!

Now Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition (64bit)

If it was to do with the bit rate of the system tell me why Win2k8r2 is not the same as win 8.1. If it requires one of these windows please tell me which one to use and the reasoning behind it, this is just the hunter kingdom, it effects the Odin Zone Servers also ( did check them as they work! ) Without the idea of which Operating System to use, i can't complete the task at hand.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
View -> Executable Modules, double click 5ZoneServer2 or whatever you have it named.

Reaction score
All of the server executable's are different. When you open them in Ollydbg or Hex editor they will not appear to be the same. This is because they have different code, their code is different hence the things you see in the Ollydbg window or Hex editor will be different. I think what aqua meant and what Dec was trying to get at is hook to the executable and watch which processes / functions the executable go through to successfully start.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think what Dec mean was that he is not viewing the Zoneserver.
On his screenshots he views the Module 'ntdll' (which is a part of Windows and needed to run
nearly all applications) and that one is of cause different depending on which operating system
is installed.
The solution of @Evildarkang's question was also given by @Dec
Rightclick on Ollydbg's "Disassembler" window, point "View", select Module '5ZoneServer2" or whatever its named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back