Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    258Posts

Re: Laghaim Game Section

Laghaim Game Section
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    if its a different tool wouldn't it be in a different thread? how else will people find it?

- - - Updated - - -

also needs more than 2 people interested, and it seems this thread only has two that are really into it.
    The problem is, a lot of the people who are interested in Laghaim are usually Brazilian, Korean, Thai or Indonesian.

The chances of most of them finding RZ are quite slim, once upon a time there was an emulator being worked on, was quite a bit of interest at that point, I think I even remember dan or someone else stating if it gets further he'd be happy to create a section (do bare in mind this is like over 10 years ago :D )

I've been part of RZ longer than some people have been alive, I've seen it grow from a Mir forums to what they are today, I knew it isn't as simple as requesting a section, I also know Marcel may not have gotten his point across correctly as English isn't his first language.

I don't think he wants/is holding RZ to 'ransom', more it's difficult for anyone to find anything in a single thread.

Even creating multiple threads in the release section, it's quickly buried.
    Last edited by Pete107; 26-08-20 at 11:52 AM.

Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    11,951Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete107 View Post
    The problem is, a lot of the people who are interested in Laghaim are usually Brazilian, Korean, Thai or Indonesian.

The chances of most of them finding RZ are quite slim, once upon a time there was an emulator being worked on, was quite a bit of interest at that point, I think I even remember dan or someone else stating if it gets further he'd be happy to create a section (do bare in mind this is like over 10 years ago :D )
    we have the mmorpg extra section exactly for items such as this. things that need a place but probably won't get a ton of traffic. Making it a section is when it becomes bigger than that, when it has interest and traffic, but also when it has files and content. The idea being if we have more content the people will come is also a possibility but as of now I see neither for this.
    and your post is really a post very against making a section for this as it sounds like interest has dropped off over the years and the main people interested wouldn't come here anyway.

Rest in Peace Akaruz

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    258Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    we have the mmorpg extra section exactly for items such as this. things that need a place but probably won't get a ton of traffic. Making it a section is when it becomes bigger than that, when it has interest and traffic, but also when it has files and content. The idea being if we have more content the people will come is also a possibility but as of now I see neither for this.
    and your post is really a post very against making a section for this as it sounds like interest has dropped off over the years and the main people interested wouldn't come here anyway.
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I understand how and why it's the way it is, it'd be a major mess if there was a section created for every single release made.

I was just defending Marcel as his point may not have come across in the right manner. (basically trying to hold RZ to ransom, not the case, not at all)

We could argue if there were to be a section provided it'd drive people from those regions to these forums as it'd be far easier to follow a guide which hasn't been buried in a # page thread, but I can't tell the future, could be completely wrong.

The only thing I can think to get this approved is driving people to the forums but that'll bring a lot more moderation (language barriers), due to the majority being non-English speaking.

I would say the reasoning behind the abandonment of the emulator project was it had reached it's peak once Aidamina discontinued the development of it, his personal progression and there had been a conflict with another person, I had no means to help in the development as I was more of a novice then.
    That project started 15 years ago which was an emulator, what is being provided now are official files (and the tools) so there is more promise with this release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement