Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Dev] XorTool

Reaction score
Ok guys since you seem not to have one, ive attached a custom i made. The process is easy: find the desired tex file, open it with the tool, xor it. Then use res-x editor (by tag-x) to open the resulting file. Let me know if it doesnt work (not sure if i included some libraries when building the xorer cause theyre anyway in my pc).

Attachment removed - did not work. Check following posts.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
PanKJ - [Dev] XorTool - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Happy new year guys. So i found some time to fix this and here is the working (i hope) exe with its dependancies. The only limit it has is that i dont allow it to read files larger than 9999999 bytes. You shouldnt xor so big files anyway. There is also a bug: if the output file path is invalid it wont catch the error. Finally, the xor keys are handled as strings and im not sure if and which non-printable characters work (the default xor keys work ok so there shouldnt be a problem). Pls let me know if it doesnt run again (i have the full labview development system installed so i cant check whether it doesnt run without it). 13MB.

For those who dont want to "install" it (it isnt a standalone and im not gonna make a gui from scratch to make a tool i have already) heres the c++ that does the same thing:
Code:
class XorKey
{
private:
	char *base;
	unsigned int size;
public:
	XorKey(char *base, unsigned int size)
	{
		if(size&&base)
		{
			XorKey::size = size;
			XorKey::base = new char[size];
			for(unsigned int i=0;i<size;i++) *(XorKey::base+i)=*(base+i);
		}
	}
	char Read(unsigned int pos)
	{
		return *(base+(pos%size));
	}
	~XorKey()
	{
		delete base;
	}
};

int XorEncode(FILE *fsrc, FILE *fdst, XorKey *x)
// Note that when calling this function fscr needs read-only BINARY mode and
// fdst needs write-only BINARY mode. Better set both files mode to sequential access.
{
	int temp, c=0;
	while(1)
	{
		if(c>(unsigned short int)-1) c=0;
		temp=fgetc(fsrc);
		if(temp==EOF) break;
		temp^=x->Read(c);
		fputc(temp,fdst);
		c++;
	}
}

Calling XorEncode with proper arguments and INITIALIZED XorKey should do.

In that case:
Code:
Default XorKeys

Key for ips, tools	= ~8xANs(^fP{)34$(fcbTN$(C-=x
Key for obdc		= @34ns%<<fdsa(Tflsd!sndsa^#)fndsla$nvsa$fndsla&nfdsJak(fnldsa!#F
Key for quest.tex	= alkdjh flds flsjadhf ;kjdfha;sdflkha;s33
Key for afllist.tex	= asdfasveq45hnsdn
Key for helptext.tex	= asvawevawe!23r23
Key for ss		= 5%$#djfnskdnf%l10d5fn*^%$djfner20dn&^%fjesdas0$^&%sdwfvvskdi56*$%$#

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its still same i try it and doesnt work debug > lvrt.dll!650a9960()
here is stop working this is all at the moment i am to busy whit othere files ned to finish mine sma thingy fast

Reaction score
Dont try to debug it mate. Has anyone else tried it cause i have to know how it works so that the ga tool im making will work as well. xxdemonxx says it worked for him so maybe you didnt do something?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It still doesn't work, same error for runtime.

Reaction score
You put the folder in the prgrams file directory and ran the reg file?

PS: i can upload the run-time engine but its big (like 90MB i think but making gui in c++ would take ages anyway).

Last edited:
Reaction score
So im making a standalone gui in vc++. Its not gonna take long. Note: the code ive posted above can obviously be optimized and include some error checking.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@gigabyte: Adjust the dependencies string inside the .reg file according to your folder location. Keep in mind that "Program Files" is not the same folder as "Program Files (x86)". You may also add the "Wow6432Node" path for Windows x64

@PanKJ: The application starts and stops working after ~2 seconds. The GUI does not appear, in case there is one.

EDIT:
Just install this runtime and it works (~30MB). Thanks for the tool!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try this: make a Program Files folder in C:\ (if there isnt one already) and then put the folder i gave you there. Because no matter the registry, the "exe" file tries to find 2 dlls in this place and i havent found a fix for this. Anyway, it might not work either way because ive excluded almost the whole run time eng.

There is a gui and i could post a ss if you dont believe me but since the run time eng is too big for such a small thing id better make a standalone in vc++. Atm im trying to solve a problem (somethings gone wrong with localization settings and, despite i xor, the strings are wchar and the result isnt exactly as it should).

The problem is how ill make redistributable ga tool; its too coplex to make it in c++ and then try to fit it in a vc++ gui. In that case whoever wants to use it will have to download the full run time eng.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, 30MB ain't that big and your tool works pretty well with a minimum runtime installation of v9.0.1; I edited my previous post.
Whoever wants to run a server, has already downloaded several GB of data, 0.03 more are nothing :)

Reaction score
Well, 30MB ain't that big and your tool works pretty well with a minimum runtime installation of v9.0.1; I edited my previous post.
Whoever wants to run a server, has already downloaded several GB of data, 0.03 more are nothing :)

Im suprised you found it. I just didnt want to make you download it and INSTALL it. After all i didnt have an installer for the run-time eng only and when i tried to make an installer project it made something like 100MB :blink:. So i thought after installation id be even bigger. I suppose if you have this run-time eng youll be able to run any program based on labview.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wasn't that hard, Google did most of the job :) Most apps will run I guess. There is also a "Standard Run-Time Installation" with increased filesize, lets hope it won't be needed later ..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Happy new year guys. So i found some time to fix this and here is the working (i hope) exe with its dependancies. The only limit it has is that i dont allow it to read files larger than 9999999 bytes. You shouldnt xor so big files anyway. There is also a bug: if the output file path is invalid it wont catch the error. Finally, the xor keys are handled as strings and im not sure if and which non-printable characters work (the default xor keys work ok so there shouldnt be a problem). Pls let me know if it doesnt run again (i have the full labview development system installed so i cant check whether it doesnt run without it). 13MB.

For those who dont want to "install" it (it isnt a standalone and im not gonna make a gui from scratch to make a tool i have already) heres the c++ that does the same thing:
Code:
class XorKey
{
private:
	char *base;
	unsigned int size;
public:
	XorKey(char *base, unsigned int size)
	{
		if(size&&base)
		{
			XorKey::size = size;
			XorKey::base = new char[size];
			for(unsigned int i=0;i<size;i++) *(XorKey::base+i)=*(base+i);
		}
	}
	char Read(unsigned int pos)
	{
		return *(base+(pos%size));
	}
	~XorKey()
	{
		delete base;
	}
};

int XorEncode(FILE *fsrc, FILE *fdst, XorKey *x)
// Note that when calling this function fscr needs read-only BINARY mode and
// fdst needs write-only BINARY mode. Better set both files mode to sequential access.
{
	int temp, c=0;
	while(1)
	{
		if(c>(unsigned short int)-1) c=0;
		temp=fgetc(fsrc);
		if(temp==EOF) break;
		temp^=x->Read(c);
		fputc(temp,fdst);
		c++;
	}
}

Calling XorEncode with proper arguments and INITIALIZED XorKey should do.

In that case:
Code:
Default XorKeys

Key for ips, tools	= ~8xANs(^fP{)34$(fcbTN$(C-=x
Key for obdc		= @34ns%<<fdsa(Tflsd!sndsa^#)fndsla$nvsa$fndsla&nfdsJak(fnldsa!#F
Key for quest.tex	= alkdjh flds flsjadhf ;kjdfha;sdflkha;s33
Key for afllist.tex	= asdfasveq45hnsdn
Key for helptext.tex	= asvawevawe!23r23
Key for ss		= 5%$#djfnskdnf%l10d5fn*^%$djfner20dn&^%fjesdas0$^&%sdwfvvskdi56*$%$#

Hello PanKJ

pm me the password for the XorTool.rar File pls !!!!!

Thx

Back