Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AO 2022 Server&client files with source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Decided to make a thread containing working client and server files for all major ace online episodes (except ep1. Did it even exist?) . There are google drive links with modified source in case you want to compile this stuff yourself.

Here are the sources I’ve used:

And here are the changes and fixes I’ve added:
  • Retargeted solutions to VS2022;
  • Enabled 16x AF and 4x MSAA by default;
  • Very basic high resolution and ultrawide support (4k is largely unplayable, 1440p and 1440p ultrawide are pretty good though);
  • Gear preview in the inventory now has roughly the same size no matter the resolution;
  • Raised the render distance on almost all maps;
  • Windowed mode is replaced with borderless window;
  • Significantly sped up the game start by removing the intro (recompile the client without “#define _INSTANT_LAUNCH” if you don’t want that);
  • Removed the slow fade out effect (recompile the client without “#define _NO_FADE” if you don’t want that);
  • Fixed a bunch of bugs, which caused the bins to not compile or work properly;
  • Added numeric health bars (took them from DreamACE/Eternal Skies 4.3 source and ported to other sources);
  • Added wireframe, noclip and show events for admins which can be togged with F11, Shift+F11 and Ctrl+F11 respectively (took this from DreamACE/Eternal Skies 4.3 source and ported to other sources);
  • Stopping your gear with “b” button no longer autohorizonts you. (took this from DreamACE/Eternal Skies 4.3 source and ported to other sources);
  • Enabled all ep4.6 quests (later ones can’t be completed because maps lack the required monsters);
  • Ported most of the episode 4.6 content to episode 3.5 and 4.3 (maps, items, monsters, quests. Episode 4.3 also got that ep4.6 world map which can be opened by pressing “n” button);
  • Probably some other stuff I don’t remember.

Do note that I know literally nothing about c++ or programming in general, so expect to see some jank in my additions.

Episode 2
I don’t have a source code for these files, you will be stuck with 1600x900 resolution and broken music. Other than that, everything seems to work properly.
Server:
Client:

Episode 3.5
Server:
Client:
Source:
Patch 1.1. You only need this if you are upgrading from previous version:

Episode 4.3
Server:
Client:
Source:

If ep3.5 or 4.3 crash for you, try using this d3d9.dll instead (put it in the client folder):

Episode 4.6
Server:
Client:
Source:
Patch 1.2. You only need this if you are upgrading from previous version:
Patch 1.3. You only need this if you are upgrading from previous version:

Setting up the server:
1. Follow the Database Setup step from St34lth4ng3l’s tutorial, but restore the database backups from the server files you downloaded;
2. Go to config folder and open global.cfg and Aglobal.cfg (or ArenaGlobal.cfg) and change $LOCAL_IP_ADDR to your IP (don’t use 127.0.0.1);
3. Copy the contents of DeclarationOfWar.txt and execute them as a query in MSSQL management studio;
4. Start all server executables in any order.

To launch the game, use start.bat (change it to your ip) and type the account info. You can add an account to the database using MSSQL management studio or use “123” as a username and password to log into admin account.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is a fix for Bach Mountain monsters. Place it into Server46\map

For token machine you need to open ti_LuckyMachine table and change MyseryItemDropNum 284 to 219 for buildinqIndex 9364 and 9365

Added these fixes to the main files

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is a fix for Bach Mountain monsters. Place it into Server46\map

For token machine you need to open ti_LuckyMachine table and change MyseryItemDropNum 284 to 219 for buildinqIndex 9364 and 9365

I will add these fixes to release files once you guys discover some more problems

look this

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can find the database in the archives. released by me =.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
strange error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Captura de pantalla 2022-08-23 203310 - AO 2022 Server&client files with source - RaGEZONE Forums

Check files DB and restore

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you will have to study a little about this.Remember that on youtube you have several videos on how to create a local server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,
Client just disappears after I enter password and press Start. Any idea?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,
Client just disappears after I enter password and press Start. Any idea?
maybe you need to download directx
If you can't figure it out, maybe you'll find some bug in the code, but I don't think that would be the case.everything works correctly

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Debug Output

Debug Error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Debug Error
remember that the debug tells you the exact line of the error. If you could be more precise about your problem, I might be able to help you.

The factory is not working.
if in GM user you don't get error in factory then maybe you have problem with interface.tex

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Factory does not work with certain item recipes. (ex Ancient Arrow, etc.)

Execute this as a query in mssql management studio to fix factory:
Code:
USE atum2_db_account; 
GO 
UPDATE ti_ItemMixingInfo   
SET MixingProbability = '10000' 
WHERE MixingProbability > 10001 or MixingProbability < -1;
It seems most of the problems come from the crappy database.
And here is a query to fix gambling machines (hopefully for good this time):
Code:
USE atum2_db_account; 
GO 
UPDATE ti_LuckyMachine   
SET MysteryItemDropNum = '219' 
WHERE MysteryItemDropNum = 284; 
GO 
UPDATE ti_LuckyMachine 
SET MysteryItemDropNum = '220' 
WHERE MysteryItemDropNum = 321;
Find a couple more bugs and I’ll include all fixes in the main release