Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] EP 3.5 Source VS2013

Reaction score
I upgraded the released source from Aesir to Visual Studio 2013 and wanted to share it, because some people are too **** to do it on their own. All you need is Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, i don't know if it's working with express etc too.

No support given, when you are unable to compile, try it on your own because all necessary files are included. For me it's working.

Server:
St34lth4ng3l - [Release] EP 3.5 Source VS2013 - RaGEZONE Forums

Client:

Download:

PS: Aesirs backdoors are removed and i fixed a LogServer crash.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Best source out there so far by now! :thumbup1:
It's complete (Client & Server) & on one of the latest Visual Studio versions.

Newbies should use this to get started with real AO development :eek:tt1:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, for who want LEARN (and not compile&run as noobs or as some servers owners) above there are some little tips:
-The warnings can be disabled by project settings
-You have to fix Iterators
-You have to fix For Loops
-You have to fix some Iterators Definitions

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

If this is rial, there is not a secure source

Source:

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

If this is rial, there is not a secure source

Source:

You said it already, "there is no secure source". Because this code never was secure. Even officals are exploitable through the nasty backdoors which exist in every clean source out there.
If you find any backdoor or hints that this release is malicious, the correct way is to report it to me.
I checked these server files which are just an upgraded version of Combat Rivals Source Code 3.5 and those have no explicitly placed backdoors.

WTF :D You're releasing source and then trying to punish guys which're using this crap...

Or maybe i'm not getting smth?

No this source is clean masang shenanigans with some features added to it by the old Combat Rivals developer.
You can check it yourself. Nothing looks malicious in there.

Yeah, you didnt get the 75% of the story :)
Whatever the story might be, it's off topic as long as this release is clean.

I conclude that the only benefit Aesir could have from these files is having the changed packet encryption key which is easy to fiddle out anyway. This is no backdoor but rather a known security measure.

If any of you can prove to me that this release contains malicious stuff, actions will be taken. The correct way is to report it to me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

files mirrored on Evil source if anyone would like a dmca free file host please PM me I also do SVN and Git

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for necro, but this source doesn't seem to generate / compile any configs for me (when I do build solution). Is this intentional? Do I have to add the configs manually? I've seen various sources of "clean" configs here, I'm just wondering if a config should be compiled by the source. Or does it just compile .exe data? I hope this isn't a too stupid question.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Config files and atum2_db are already included. Look carefully Malazag :captain:
3.5 cfg.PNG - [Release] EP 3.5 Source VS2013 - RaGEZONE Forums 3.5 db.PNG - [Release] EP 3.5 Source VS2013 - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks St34lth4ng3l & Aesir.

Missing: map files, tex file
Anything: :questionmark:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi St34lth4ng3l and pros,

With all respects, I want to ask which version of Ace (3.5 or 4.3) is better to learn C++ for beginner because I heard that EP3.5 codes are worse (difficult to follow) than EP4. I look at the XOR code EP3.5 and they are not arranged nicely to follow compared to EP4.2 VS2013 by St34lth4ng3l.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f614/guide-aceonline-4-2-using-1091471/

BTW, whether I can use cfg files from EP4 for EP3.5 or I convert bak -> csv -> text -> cfg ? (Is it abused?)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
code style not different that much between 3.5 or 4+
just new interface and some system has been changed
in my opinion there was no point to do anything with 3.5
so better start with 4+

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sadly, only the open AO source is still available, but it is too hard to compile the GameServer :banghead: (or too many errors to fix such as missing files, syntax, undeclared identifier and etc ...). I follow the Readme and I have some fun researches to solve ZiGy puzzle :w00t:. The EP4 VS 2013 link is dead :*:. I have to learn some basic with EP3.5 atm then:dancemental:. Thanks pros.

Back